LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

2014 Opponents Home/Away

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great, NO is going to hire the same cheating refs to officiate that game....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Why do we play at New Orleans every single year? This has got to be rigged. Don't they ever play at our house?

It's the way the schedule falls, it's a formula. Reason we didn't play those teams like NO, GB for awhile is we were 3rd and 4th in the division for a long time 02-10 and they were 1-2 so we never faced them unless it was in our 3 year rotation of what nfc division we play.

It looks like the formula is to give New Orleans the advantage every single year when they play us.....

I just dont get how they keep sending us TO New Orleans. Or how we had to go TO Green Bay every single time for like 2 decades.

You'd think it would switch back and forth based on who went where last time you played that team, but apparently not.

Outside DEN, NO, and SEA, I dont see any games that scare me. I have a suspicion that were built to handle the Broncos too. Were going to find out.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I just dont get how they keep sending us TO New Orleans. Or how we had to go TO Green Bay every single time for like 2 decades.

You'd think it would switch back and forth based on who went where last time you played that team, but apparently not.

Outside DEN, NO, and SEA, I dont see any games that scare me. I have a suspicion that were built to handle the Broncos too. Were going to find out.

It was already determined years in advance that in 2014 we would play an away game against the NFC South team who finished in the same place within their division that we did. It didn't matter if it was NO, TB, CAR, or ATL. This was always going to be an away game. It just so happened that NO and SF both finished 2nd in their divisions.
To sum it up though think it just goes:
3 Home Division, 3 Away...(6 games)
Rotate between 4 afc divisions (4 games) home and away rotate so you play the team once every 4 years, would be 8 in between home games or away games
Rotate between 3 nfc divisions (4 games) home and away rotate so every 3 years play the team, 6 years in between road and home games
Then same place as you nfc divisions (2 games) rotates between 3 divisions... home and away rotate.

And yep Sofa is right, it would have been Carolina if Seattle lost and we won the division. if we finished 3rd would have been at atlanta, 4th at tampa
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That would be cool. Have the 49ers ever played on thanksgiving before? I can't remember.

Yes ravens
I would like to see 49ers/Cowboys on thanksgiving. Just those 2 uniforms on the same field look so classic. Plus we'd beat the crap out of them on national TV...
9 homes games next year

@Oak will be filled with 49er fans.
Cool, well from the looks of it, we might have to play only one early game next season, the Giants. The Saints and Rams away games are probably going to be Sunday Night or Monday Night games. I hope!
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Cool, well from the looks of it, we might have to play only one early game next season, the Giants. The Saints and Rams away games are probably going to be Sunday Night or Monday Night games. I hope!

Hopefully the Niners get 2 or more SNF games to showcase Levi's (its the only primetime game that can be played there due to the parking issues) and 1 each of MNF/TNF on the road
saints three years in a row in NO. horses**t

Originally posted by Niners99:
I would like to see 49ers/Cowboys on thanksgiving. Just those 2 uniforms on the same field look so classic. Plus we'd beat the crap out of them on national TV...

I really hope we play them on Thanksgiving it would be awesome.
Originally posted by xela510:
9 homes games next year

Better wear your body armor.
Originally posted by xela510:
9 homes games next year

lol that will be a weird game. Playing in that dump with a brand new, beautiful stadium sitting just a short drive away.
i want to go to the denver game. ive never been. it mite be fun to see what the legal pot sales are about too.

Talbert
13-3. Book it.
Share 49ersWebzone