LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

The bright side of not winning the NFC West this year....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WildBill:
I would rather win the #1 seed which would have happened if not for some questionable officiating in the NO game, but whats done is done. The odds are better when you are the #1 or two seed. It is harder to win from the wild card spot, but not impossible.

The only good thing is Seattle has a lot of young talent and they will need to pay up to get them back. Not to mention some players who have had signed on with one year deals. Winning the West will make it harder for them, they will also have to face what the niners have faced, teams raiding your practice squad of players.

Recent history proves that it isn't easier to win from the #1 seed, they only win out 25% of the time (in regards to the super bowl).
weakhawks will choke in 2 weeks
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by VANiner:
Well, as much as I would have liked to have been NFC West champs for a third year in a row, the simple fact is SEA was just a little bit better than us. The good news is that we are on a roll right now, and if recent results say anything, it is fear the Wildcards who enter the postseason on a roll!

What is even better about coming in 2nd this year, regardless how the playoffs go, we will be playing the NFC East and CHI, DAL and NO (instead of GB, PHI, and CAR). Also have to play the AFC west. All in all, a decent schedule.

SEA was just a little bit better because of this??

Lol fire marshall bill
Originally posted by Niners99:
Well, as much as I would have liked to have been NFC West champs for a third year in a row, the simple fact is SEA was just a little bit better than us. The good news is that we are on a roll right now, and if recent results say anything, it is fear the Wildcards who enter the postseason on a roll!

What is even better about coming in 2nd this year, regardless how the playoffs go, we will be playing the NFC East and CHI, DAL and NO (instead of GB, PHI, and CAR). Also have to play the AFC west. All in all, a decent schedule.

How is there a bright side for not winning the division? We have to play an extra game, and will probably have to be on the road the entire postseason. We were going to enter the postseason hot either way...
Um, have you never heard the term "look at the bright side"? It indicates looking at the positive aspect of a negative outcome. Welcome to an English speaking country, it is good to have you.
STL, HOU, and TB gifted Seattle 3 wins. They werent at all better than us.

You forgot Carolina.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
1 and dun. sorry guys. pack it up.

Not the first time I've seen you post that today. Is that all you've done for 37,000 posts? Get a life kid.
they were luckier not better...
There is no bight-side! You win the division, take the automatic win wildcard weekend and take advantage of playing on your homefield to put the odds in your favor, if possible. Going 12-4 and having to travel to GB Wildcard weekend really sucks!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
We play greenbay

Just in case the subtle point was missed by anyone else...he was talking about the regular season schedule for next year.

We get the 2nd place team in the other Divisions since we finished 2nd in the NFC West.
Ok, well that's a bright side for next year. Right now were on the Quest for 6 this season.

Originally posted by WildBill:
The only thing one would argue is, in the niners case we are all healthy and peaking at the right time, sometimes a week off can take a little edge off a team, some teams are hurting so it is good for them, the niners though are on a roll. Still destiny awaits and we will see.

As a Diehard Niner fan, I think that the number 1 seed Seahawks are the better team. We have to beat them and unless we step up our game destiny will serve us up another loss in the first round. GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:

Agreed, the Weakhawks will choke.(On what?) And the Niners will be SB Champs!!! I believe this with all of my heart! Seriously. Go Niners.
Originally posted by seahawkmommma:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:

Agreed, the Weakhawks will choke.(On what?) And the Niners will be SB Champs!!! I believe this with all of my heart! Seriously. Go Niners.

I am soooooo f**king confused right now........

Originally posted by seahawkmommma:
As a Diehard Niner fan, I think that the number 1 seed Seahawks are the better team. We have to beat them and unless we step up our game destiny will serve us up another loss in the first round. GO NINERS!!!!

another??

How is there a bright side for not winning the division? We have to play an extra game, and will probably have to be on the road the entire postseason. We were going to enter the postseason hot either way...
Um, have you never heard the term "look at the bright side"? It indicates looking at the positive aspect of a negative outcome. Welcome to an English speaking country, it is good to have you.

Have you ever heard of logic? Your statement made NO sense. You didnt even know who we were playing.

If you want to be positive, say "We own Green Bay". Looking on the bright side wouldve been "Hey, at least were in the playoffs.", not saying "You know it might actually be better that we have to play an extra game, and will be on the road the entire postseason."
Share 49ersWebzone