There are 174 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Wildcard Weekend)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This will never get old. I ran across my living room when he got into the second level. I jumped over my dog who was chilling by my feet when I took off on my run.
Kind of make you wonder why JH & Co. don't call more designed run plays with Kaep.

See RGIII
RGIII

Kaep isn't RGIII. Physically RGIII is too fragile to run zone-read offenses in the NFL, and it shows. He needs to take a page out of Drew Brees' book. And I'm not saying that we should feature a zone-read offense. I'm just saying that we should run it a bit more. Force teams to stop it and not the other way around. Kaep is one big dude who can take way more hits than RGIII ever can. 6-4, 230 means something (you'll never see RGIII put a good hit on a defender after an INT). And Kaep don't take many hits when he is running. He knows how to slid, get down, and run out of bounds.
Back to work please.
Man fu*k you, and the Shorty rolling his head.

I when I said "holding this team back" I meant it looks as if JH & Co. have the playcalling equivalent of a restrictor plate, and I'm not the only one making that observation. Perhaps I should have worded it better for, say, 5th graders to understand were it was I was coming from. During the season I was one of many who thought that JH & Co. were saving plays. But after watching this game - and watching it again - it just seems to me that either JH and Roman might have some trust issues with Kaep or they're more conservative than many thought. Now, I admit that Kaep may have a lot to do with that (forgetting a wrist band fro example), but with all the weapons this team has games should not be this close, certainly not this one. Not being able to score in the redzone is clearly a playcalling issue with this team. It seems that whenever we get a lead, no matter how small, Roman and JH starts calling plays tight, start out-thinking themselves (e.g not using the zone-red more) or they get gimmicky, instead of keeping the foot on the gas. We have a lot of 3-&-outs when we have leads. But whenever GB took the lead our playcalling became more lethal that allowed us marched right down the field for a TD, and that was a glaring difference. To me that point shouldn't be lost on anyone. I think they are relying way too much on our D, and to me it shows in our playcalling when we have a lead. But that could cost us at some point.

Now, we've shown the ability to win close games, but we're not gonna win ALL the close games. At some point we're gonna have to be able to put teams away by scoring points.

Dont talk like that on here. You are lucky I didnt ban you outright for that.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Congratulations to the Niners and their fans.

It was a throwback, great game with a good ebb and flow, multiple lead changes etc.

I felt we didn't do enough, and once again, our inability to get the offense on the field when it really matters was the difference. That being said, I think the Pack' are closer to the Niners' than most people think, and a few key personnel/coaching changes should make this competitive again.

There is no denying though, yall' have our number both in terms of personnel and fundamentals right now. No denying that rationally.

I hope yall get to experience number 6, it's been a long time coming and considering the other three remaining NFC contestants contain Seadderall, Bountygate, and the perpetually mediocre Carolina, i'd rather see the Niners win it all.

thanks for the kind words man.

as long as you guys have rodgers slingin' it back there, the packers will always be able to compete with anyone.

I hoped to see a cleaner game from the referees, but that aside, your team is definitely no joke -- I can't imagine what would have happened had you been at 100% health.

You're a classy fan. feel free to stick around.
still dont understand how every time we come into the redzone, we abadon the running game?
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
still dont understand how every time we come into the redzone, we abadon the running game?

I don't get it either. Especially against a team like GB that was hurting bad on defense when it came to their LB's. When we did run it, gore got into the endzone rather easily.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Man fu*k you, and the Shorty rolling his head.

I when I said "holding this team back" I meant it looks as if JH & Co. have the playcalling equivalent of a restrictor plate, and I'm not the only one making that observation. Perhaps I should have worded it better for, say, 5th graders to understand were it was I was coming from. During the season I was one of many who thought that JH & Co. were saving plays. But after watching this game - and watching it again - it just seems to me that either JH and Roman might have some trust issues with Kaep or they're more conservative than many thought. Now, I admit that Kaep may have a lot to do with that (forgetting a wrist band fro example), but with all the weapons this team has games should not be this close, certainly not this one. Not being able to score in the redzone is clearly a playcalling issue with this team. It seems that whenever we get a lead, no matter how small, Roman and JH starts calling plays tight, start out-thinking themselves (e.g not using the zone-red more) or they get gimmicky, instead of keeping the foot on the gas. We have a lot of 3-&-outs when we have leads. But whenever GB took the lead our playcalling became more lethal that allowed us marched right down the field for a TD, and that was a glaring difference. To me that point shouldn't be lost on anyone. I think they are relying way too much on our D, and to me it shows in our playcalling when we have a lead. But that could cost us at some point.

Now, we've shown the ability to win close games, but we're not gonna win ALL the close games. At some point we're gonna have to be able to put teams away by scoring points.

Dont talk like that on here. You are lucky I didnt ban you outright for that.
My apologies to the zone. I admit, I was wrong and shouldn't have went there with that 1st sentence. I did take that link (http://www.mentalhealthchicago.org/) a bit personal, and still think that, too was out of line. And I do think that it would have been better for them to at least ask me to clarify my position before they went snide. But again, I was wrong and shouldn've went there.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The 49ers are a known dirty team. They do whatever they can to hurt opposing players and never get called out for it. Watch the games closely. Don't watch the plays unfold, zero in on certain defenders at the conclusion of the plays. Punches, knees, driving the player into the ground well after the play is over... all commonplace with them.

The game tonight is just another example of that. Lacy on the ground for a good three seconds about 10 plays ago, well after the whistle, the 49ers defender is still pushing down onto him with full force driving his legs. Very dirty team.

That's a scumbag POS team. They mug opposing players and never get called. The refs clearly see it but look the other way. They take up from the trashy coach. Who whines constantly and cries for flags. He thinks his team is incapable of flags and when they get scored on he cries for flags because he believes it was only due to illegal plays by the opposing offense.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/body-shots-lacy-318343/

wow they have really short memories....

They're claiming our players were punching Lacy with rib/body blows?!?!?!?

Uuugh, I've heard it all.

And not a single GIF to back up these claims. That's why I love the zone.

Originally posted by ace49ers:
Ratto with a green and yellow scarf.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/ratto-phil-dawson-important-anybody-49ers-roster

Ratto is an absolute idiot

Niners need to bring back the Nature Boy Ric Flair to Charlotte... his pregame "I'm Ric Flair! The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!" peptalk actually worked. WOOOOOOOOO!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Jan 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xela510:
Ratto is an absolute idiot

He was complimentary of the team, at least.
Originally posted by TyCore:
The 49ers are a known dirty team. They do whatever they can to hurt opposing players and never get called out for it. Watch the games closely. Don't watch the plays unfold, zero in on certain defenders at the conclusion of the plays. Punches, knees, driving the player into the ground well after the play is over... all commonplace with them.

The game tonight is just another example of that. Lacy on the ground for a good three seconds about 10 plays ago, well after the whistle, the 49ers defender is still pushing down onto him with full force driving his legs. Very dirty team.

That's a scumbag POS team. They mug opposing players and never get called. The refs clearly see it but look the other way. They take up from the trashy coach. Who whines constantly and cries for flags. He thinks his team is incapable of flags and when they get scored on he cries for flags because he believes it was only due to illegal plays by the opposing offense.

Ha, wow... Saints fans. I honestly didn't expect that group to be rooting for the Packers. I figured they'd be over their NFC West doormat status by now.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TyCore:

LOL

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Congratulations to the Niners and their fans.

It was a throwback, great game with a good ebb and flow, multiple lead changes etc.

I felt we didn't do enough, and once again, our inability to get the offense on the field when it really matters was the difference. That being said, I think the Pack' are closer to the Niners' than most people think, and a few key personnel/coaching changes should make this competitive again.

There is no denying though, yall' have our number both in terms of personnel and fundamentals right now. No denying that rationally.

I hope yall get to experience number 6, it's been a long time coming and considering the other three remaining NFC contestants contain Seadderall, Bountygate, and the perpetually mediocre Carolina, i'd rather see the Niners win it all.

Thanks for showing up and showing us how classy fans operate.

I think people see the scores of the games from last postseason and the first game of this season and forget that those were actually close games that we pulled away late in the game. I think the Packers are a formidable opponent and was really pissed to have to go to Lambeau to play the sixth seed who were much better than their record. I mean, I was rooting for the Bears last week, because I really respect how good the Packers are when healthy. Rodgers is the best in the business IMO, and has the ability to single handedly win games. Now that you guys have a running game, your offense is so much more well-balanced. I still think, where you guys lag far behind us on the defense. I'd say you're a step behind us,overall, at the moment, which is evident by us winning 4 straight games, but not far behind. Improve your defense and you'll be championship caliber again.

that dude is a classy fan, and level headed.

I don't even know what to say, I've rarely come across Packer fans like that guy. Most of them behave much worse and would never say anything like that... nice to see that at least some of their fans are standing on solid ground.
Share 49ersWebzone