LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Wildcard Weekend)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
they dug deep and did it and now we play carolina and you say its a long road trip and carolina physical team but we can spread them out make some plays and i think our defense holds them to 14 or less and we win and then we go to seattle and it really gets fun and interesting but you say what if new orleans and we play at the stick for the nfc championship game and i saw wow that would be amazing and we go to the super bowl and boy we earn it this year with this trip but these guys tough and kap is clutch i think we have a chance here fellas

Our hope is we host the NFCCG than go to Seattle.
It would be nice to host another game but I really want the niners to win in Seattle. Quiet that crowd and become the top team in the west without dispute!
Originally posted by AussieNiner4Life:
Hey guys, I'm a new member here. I'm Australian and I became a part of the football team in our city here when they established it a year or so ago, but I am no longer a player. It did, however, spark my interest in the game to new levels, and I have simply fallen in love with the 49ers. I caught the second half of the game this morning (Aussie time) and I was on the edge of my seat until that final FG was called good. I'm 99% sure that a lot of you guys here will no doubt know a lot more about the sport than I do, so I'm hoping to learn more as I go along.

My observations of the second half: I loved seeing Kap step up and keep the offense moving late in the game, but I guess after last years post-season, we should be used to seeing Kap step up big in the crunch. Also, as a crazy Niners fan and someone who played DB personally when I played, I know all too well about how incredible this Niners defense is. However, from just watching the second half, it really didn't look that great to me defensively. I mean we didn't give up many points, which is the main thing, but it looked like the D were off their game and were having trouble containing the Packers offense, especially the run. Did anyone else notice this with the defense? Or am I just going crazy?

Welcome to the Faithful.
Man, it's -16 outside in Chicago right now. I went outside to warm my car up for work and said "f**k this s**t..."

Mad credit for players on both teams for giving us a really good football game. Even with their juices flowing they had to have felt the cold.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Good call bro. lol

lol

l

ol

The best was the people cussing out Kaepernick before the game for not wearing sleeves.

"This motherf**ker is going to lose the game for us, all so he can be cool and not cover up his tattoo's."

Holy s**t, of all the lame stuff to gripe about, I was amazed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Good call bro. lol

lol

l

ol

The best was the people cussing out Kaepernick before the game for not wearing sleeves.

"This motherf**ker is going to lose the game for us, all so he can be cool and not cover up his tattoo's."

Holy s**t, of all the lame stuff to gripe about, I was amazed.

Ya, if you just take a second to read some of the crazy stuff people trip over, it will make you dumber. lulz.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Congratulations to the Niners and their fans.

It was a throwback, great game with a good ebb and flow, multiple lead changes etc.

I felt we didn't do enough, and once again, our inability to get the offense on the field when it really matters was the difference. That being said, I think the Pack' are closer to the Niners' than most people think, and a few key personnel/coaching changes should make this competitive again.

There is no denying though, yall' have our number both in terms of personnel and fundamentals right now. No denying that rationally.

I hope yall get to experience number 6, it's been a long time coming and considering the other three remaining NFC contestants contain Seadderall, Bountygate, and the perpetually mediocre Carolina, i'd rather see the Niners win it all.

Thanks for showing up and showing us how classy fans operate.

I think people see the scores of the games from last postseason and the first game of this season and forget that those were actually close games that we pulled away late in the game. I think the Packers are a formidable opponent and was really pissed to have to go to Lambeau to play the sixth seed who were much better than their record. I mean, I was rooting for the Bears last week, because I really respect how good the Packers are when healthy. Rodgers is the best in the business IMO, and has the ability to single handedly win games. Now that you guys have a running game, your offense is so much more well-balanced. I still think, where you guys lag far behind us on the defense. I'd say you're a step behind us,overall, at the moment, which is evident by us winning 4 straight games, but not far behind. Improve your defense and you'll be championship caliber again.

that dude is a classy fan, and level headed.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Is it me, or does it seem like Roman & JH are holding this team back?

Bring back the big nickle!!!!!!!!!!

Does everybody smoke weed in California?

C'mon dude...it says Chicago right there in his handle. Anyway...9ersLiferInChicago...I found something that you may want to look into
http://www.mentalhealthchicago.org/
Man fu*k you, and the Shorty rolling his head.

I when I said "holding this team back" I meant it looks as if JH & Co. have the playcalling equivalent of a restrictor plate, and I'm not the only one making that observation. Perhaps I should have worded it better for, say, 5th graders to understand were it was I was coming from. During the season I was one of many who thought that JH & Co. were saving plays. But after watching this game - and watching it again - it just seems to me that either JH and Roman might have some trust issues with Kaep or they're more conservative than many thought. Now, I admit that Kaep may have a lot to do with that (forgetting a wrist band fro example), but with all the weapons this team has games should not be this close, certainly not this one. Not being able to score in the redzone is clearly a playcalling issue with this team. It seems that whenever we get a lead, no matter how small, Roman and JH starts calling plays tight, start out-thinking themselves (e.g not using the zone-red more) or they get gimmicky, instead of keeping the foot on the gas. We have a lot of 3-&-outs when we have leads. But whenever GB took the lead our playcalling became more lethal that allowed us marched right down the field for a TD, and that was a glaring difference. To me that point shouldn't be lost on anyone. I think they are relying way too much on our D, and to me it shows in our playcalling when we have a lead. But that could cost us at some point.

Now, we've shown the ability to win close games, but we're not gonna win ALL the close games. At some point we're gonna have to be able to put teams away by scoring points.
Originally posted by fister30:

This will never get old. I ran across my living room when he got into the second level. I jumped over my dog who was chilling by my feet when I took off on my run.
Kind of make you wonder why JH & Co. don't call more designed run plays with Kaep.
I know it said Chicago in his name. I just want to match one outlandish comment with another^^

This will never get old. I ran across my living room when he got into the second level. I jumped over my dog who was chilling by my feet when I took off on my run.
Kind of make you wonder why JH & Co. don't call more designed run plays with Kaep.

See RGIII
After GB owned us for so long I'm glad the tables have turned
that dude is a classy fan, and level headed.

Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Congratulations to the Niners and their fans.

It was a throwback, great game with a good ebb and flow, multiple lead changes etc.

I felt we didn't do enough, and once again, our inability to get the offense on the field when it really matters was the difference. That being said, I think the Pack' are closer to the Niners' than most people think, and a few key personnel/coaching changes should make this competitive again.

There is no denying though, yall' have our number both in terms of personnel and fundamentals right now. No denying that rationally.

I hope yall get to experience number 6, it's been a long time coming and considering the other three remaining NFC contestants contain Seadderall, Bountygate, and the perpetually mediocre Carolina, i'd rather see the Niners win it all.

I've heard nothing but good things about the fan base as a whole from people who were at the game and this post exemplifies Packer fans in general. Good to see the rivalry get it's life back as it was one of the best in the mid to late 90's.

Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:

Gores block was huge

This.
Man fu*k you, and the Shorty rolling his head.

I when I said "holding this team back" I meant it looks as if JH & Co. have the playcalling equivalent of a restrictor plate, and I'm not the only one making that observation. Perhaps I should have worded it better for, say, 5th graders to understand were it was I was coming from. During the season I was one of many who thought that JH & Co. were saving plays. But after watching this game - and watching it again - it just seems to me that either JH and Roman might have some trust issues with Kaep or they're more conservative than many thought. Now, I admit that Kaep may have a lot to do with that (forgetting a wrist band fro example), but with all the weapons this team has games should not be this close, certainly not this one. Not being able to score in the redzone is clearly a playcalling issue with this team. It seems that whenever we get a lead, no matter how small, Roman and JH starts calling plays tight, start out-thinking themselves (e.g not using the zone-red more) or they get gimmicky, instead of keeping the foot on the gas. We have a lot of 3-&-outs when we have leads. But whenever GB took the lead our playcalling became more lethal that allowed us marched right down the field for a TD, and that was a glaring difference. To me that point shouldn't be lost on anyone. I think they are relying way too much on our D, and to me it shows in our playcalling when we have a lead. But that could cost us at some point.

Now, we've shown the ability to win close games, but we're not gonna win ALL the close games. At some point we're gonna have to be able to put teams away by scoring points.

Proof of this point was how evenly this game appeared when clearly we dominated the LOS and have a gigantic player personnel edge. McCarthy's plan was sound. In dome conditions, Kap can make those downfield throws at the safety level but at 0 degrees he knew it wasn't going to happen. Keeping those safeties as factors in the run game and short passing game was almost enough to overcome being outgunned.

Our coaching staff is tremendous at keeping us in games, may that be when we're losing or when we're winning. Game plan wise, play calling wise...its maddening. That said, it's not a fluke that guys seem to come in and become great. That's coaching and scheme. T Brown and T Brock are great examples. The improvements those guys have made in 2 years blows me away. I'm sorry Culli didn't get the same opportunity to come along this year but he's still young. The secondary deserves as much credit as anyone in this win. All 4 sacks were coverage sacks. 4 man pressure gives a guy like Rodgers too much time. Thank you TBrown, TBrock, DWhitner, EReid, PCox, EWright!
Share 49ersWebzone