LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Wildcard Weekend)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by fister30:
I'd hate to say this but i am ready for hunter to get more looks than gore. I hope hunter gets half of the running plays at GB.

mmmmmmmmmmmm ok. Hunter only got like 3 carries today

2 carries for 13 yards

Gore 13 carries for 14 yards.....

We should use hunter a bit more sometimes especially when frank can't get it going

The Cards run D is insanely good. They did the same thing to Marshawn Lynch last week.

Theres is no way we dont use Gore for 90-95% of the carries in the playoffs.
I'd hate to say this but i am ready for hunter to get more looks than gore. I hope hunter gets half of the running plays at GB.

2 carries for 13 yards

We should use hunter a bit more sometimes especially when frank can't get it going

I love Frank but I really do believe hunter would add a different level to the run game.

2 carries for 13 yards

I love Frank but I really do believe hunter would add a different level to the run game.

In the playoffs, you dance with the girl you brought. Plus, I trust Frank Gore to hold on to the rock when it matters most. I dont trust Hunter or James to do that.
Originally posted by Niners99:

2 carries for 13 yards

In the playoffs, you dance with the girl you brought. Plus, I trust Frank Gore to hold on to the rock when it matters most. I dont trust Hunter or James to do that.
I think we're going to need to lean heavily on BOTH Gore and Hunter.

But the really important thing is how they're used. I think we need to use RBs in the passing game some more. Sure, give them their carries. But call some pass plays to them so that Hunter and Gore can get the ball out where they have room to use their speed.
I know every score counts but without the fluke TD yesterday GB wouldn't be in the playoffs. Boykin picked up the loose ball after Rodgers made his throwing motion with an empty hand, after which he ran 11 yds for the score because the Bears were too s**t-ass stupid thinking it was an incomplete pass. Anyway, heads-up play by Boykin but still a fluke.
I'm expecting this game to play out like the last couple meetings. Rodgers will put up some points, but not enough to beat us. Their defense is at the bottom of the league in every category. We should get whatever we want against them. The key to GB beating us is Eddie Lacy. As long as we stop him, we're good.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
I think this should be a victory, especially since our offense is clicking and this is a bad GB defense missing their best player (Matthews). Be that as it may, this won't be an easy one, I expect it to be a shootout, especially considering how poor our defense has been lately. A few weeks ago, never did I think defense would be a concern entering the playoffs but here we are with the same issues from last year's postseason - non existent pass rush and as a result, secondary is being hung out to dry and QBs are throwing on them with success. They've given up over 700 yards in two weeks (on a pace for 300+ yards a game). Giving up 400+ yards to Carson friggin Palmer is asinine. Both Palmer and Matt Ryan are behind mediocre lines and yet, barely any rush as they had all day to throw on us. Only two sacks in two weeks against the bottom rung lines in the league is disturbing. Spin it however you want, but this is not a good sign.

If they keep up on this pace, I shudder to think what Rodgers will do to them. Our guys are gassed and Fangio needs to make better adjustments. That 1 week bye sure would look good right about now. Thanks NOLA refs.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Dec 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM ]
This is gonna be that game, that game Crabtree explodes at top-level, like last year's divisional against the Pack.
Healthy and Rested Aaron Rodgers scares me. Looks like the playoff beard isn't getting past stubble.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, kick some ass.
We really need to get our running game on track, and our defense is going to have to do what its been doing, carrying the team. With subpar QB play, we need all the help we can get. But at least Kap isn't making any big mistakes, which is basically what we need from the position right now.

Rodgers is back, and that sucks. :(
[ Edited by Papuchi on Dec 30, 2013 at 5:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Papuchi:
We really need to get our running game on track, and our defense is going to have to do what its been doing, carrying the team. With subpar QB play, we need all the help we can get. But at least Kap isn't making any big mistakes, which is basically what we need from the position right now.

Rodgers is back, and that sucks. :(

Go home troll
Fortunately, the game will be played in Green Bay. Last year's playoff game was a stadium filled with gangsters throwing gang signs. Rest assured there will not be 11 stabbings at the stadium the day of the game.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Healthy and Rested Aaron Rodgers scares me. Looks like the playoff beard isn't getting past stubble.

Their defense is atrocious. He also threw 2 ints to the bears horrible defense. Don't you worry.
Share 49ersWebzone