There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Wildcard Weekend)

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Hard for them to stop the offense without Clay Matthews.

Is Matthews out for sure next week? I know he re-aggravated his thumb last week.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm worried about this game, mainly because Kaepernick has never played at Lambeau field in their freezing environment. Before Alex beat them in the opening week last year (not a freezing setting though), the 49ers had not won at Lambeau in two DECADES.

I understand we match up well for the most part. But my gut tells me it will be a lot harder than people think for us to score. We need some semblance of a running game and GREAT pass protection to help Kaepernick. I don't see him handling the frozen tundra and the roar of Lambeau Cheese-heads very well. If they can cause him to panic, it'll be a rough go.

This isn't to be negative, this is to say some people should take some things into consideration, and certain people perhaps should settle down with their "blowout" expectations. The Packers are far better than their record indicates, as they had no quarterback for half the season. Just some things to keep in mind, to look at this objectively.

It's the playoffs. They're all tough games. But of our potential match ups... this is as good as you could have hoped.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Hard for them to stop the offense without Clay Matthews.

Is Matthews out for sure next week? I know he re-aggravated his thumb last week.

Yes. Had surgery again. He is done.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by okdkid:
We will play at Carolina on the Sunday of the Divisional round, at 10am PST. When we beat Green Bay, of course.

This would be the best scenario because we

We really need to hope Dallas wins because I think New Orleans has a way better chance of winning in Dallas than Philly
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We will play at Carolina on the Sunday of the Divisional round, at 10am PST. When we beat Green Bay, of course.

This isn't guaranteed. If the Saints lose we go straight to Seattle.

Saints will lose if they're at Philly. Can't play outside on grass (in cold weather) worth s**t. Will beat Cowpies easily if that's who they play.
I'm worried about this game, mainly because Kaepernick has never played at Lambeau field in their freezing environment. Before Alex beat them in the opening week last year (not a freezing setting though), the 49ers had not won at Lambeau in two DECADES.

I understand we match up well for the most part. But my gut tells me it will be a lot harder than people think for us to score. We need some semblance of a running game and GREAT pass protection to help Kaepernick. I don't see him handling the frozen tundra and the roar of Lambeau Cheese-heads very well. If they can cause him to panic, it'll be a rough go.

This isn't to be negative, this is to say some people should take some things into consideration, and certain people perhaps should settle down with their "blowout" expectations. The Packers are far better than their record indicates, as they had no quarterback for half the season. Just some things to keep in mind, to look at this objectively.

He handled Foxboro, which is considered much more of a homefield advantage in December than Lambeau has been since Favre has left. Dropped 41 points on them and outscored Brady which isn't easy to do. I think he will be just fine
I dont think the temps will be a factor for Kap, IIRC he is from that area.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
We really need to hope Dallas wins because I think New Orleans has a way better chance of winning in Dallas than Philly

Good point, I agree. If we beat GB, I would much rather play in Carolina than in Seattle.

It's the playoffs. They're all tough games. But of our potential match ups... this is as good as you could have hoped.

In my opinion, the easiest matchup would've been @ Dallas. Terrible defense, backup QB, dome.

In Green Bay it's: Bad defense, MVP-caliber QB, outdoor with temperatures in the teens and snow expected next Sunday. It's exactly the kind of arena Green Bay loves to play in. Understandably, it's difficult to play anywhere on the road in the post-season, but Lambeau is most definitely considered one of the most difficult places to play in in the playoffs. It might be in the top 5 even, with Seattle, New Orleans, New England, and Pittsburgh being among some of the others.
WE GOT THIS!!!!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Plus he played in cold weather at Reno
Originally posted by Sims84:
He handled Foxboro, which is considered much more of a homefield advantage in December than Lambeau has been since Favre has left. Dropped 41 points on them and outscored Brady which isn't easy to do. I think he will be just fine

Of course, but there are other things to consider:

-No film on him at the time.
-Crabtree not coming off severe achilles injury
-Healthy Manningham
-Experienced Delanie (who tore up New England) vs. rookie McDonald

Would Boldin/Patton negate the effect of substantial film to gameplan against CK + losing Delanie, Manningham, and that bit of Crabtree's effectiveness? Who knows. But it's not unreasonable to suggest it's something to consider as a potential concern.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Matthews and Johnny Jolly who was crucial for them in stuffing the run game in Week 1.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Plus he played in cold weather at Reno

plus he owns greenbay
Kap just seems to take it to a different level when playing GB I expect no different next week