There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Upper/Middle Class Problems

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
People are mad that our BMW isn't fast as the Broncos Ferrari.

Still runs better in the snow and rain though...

BMWs are terrible in the snow. Absolutely useless.

Just though I would mention it!
Originally posted by TXHawk:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
oh look a seahawk fan from texas who never heard of the team until 2012....


gtfo

Been a fan since 1976. Currently live in TX because of my job, but thanks for asking.

Anyway, I would like someone to answer my question if you can: why do Niners fans believe the Seahawks were built to beat your team when many of the current starters were acquired prior to the Harbaugh era when the 49ers hadn't been good for ages?

Just curious.

yet you probably like 80% of fans just crawled out under the rock when they started winning.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'd add Dawson and perhaps, Dorsey to the gain list.


What do you think of Dorsey? Do we still need to upgrade the NT position or is he the answer?
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
What do you think of Dorsey? Do we still need to upgrade the NT position or is he the answer?

We've got Ian Williams coming back next season and he was off to a pretty good start before his injury. I think the Niners can get by with him and Dorsey. Depth/development would include Dial I believe.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'd add Dawson and perhaps, Dorsey to the gain list.

I think the change to Dawson was probably THE most important personnel change from last year.
"Upper/Middle Class Problems?" Is this the politically correct/racially neutral version of "White Girl Problems?"
Don't think criticizing Carrol's approach to building a team merits much consideration. Seems like he's done a great job. He's stocked the defensive backfield with big physical guys just as the NFL is going away from the smaller, big hit guys. Whether this was smart or lucky doesn't really matter...it works. As much as I dislike the guy he is a smart coach...damn!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

I am sorry you got the "clap."
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

I am sorry you got the "clap."

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
People are mad that our BMW isn't fast as the Broncos Ferrari.

Still runs better in the snow and rain though...

BMWs are terrible in the snow. Absolutely useless.

Just though I would mention it!
not compared to a ferrari...lol
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
What do you think of Dorsey? Do we still need to upgrade the NT position or is he the answer?

We've got Ian Williams coming back next season and he was off to a pretty good start before his injury. I think the Niners can get by with him and Dorsey. Depth/development would include Dial I believe.

I think Dorsey has been solid and hopefully Ian comes back PISSED OFF! That said, we've had a glaring weakness for a long long long time here and that is, when we do face big, powerful RB's we tend to get beat up right up the middle for 4-5 yards a carry. Usually, teams don't stick with it (save for Indy/Seattle). But I still think we need more beef up front or go to a 4-man bigger personnel DL to stuff it initially and then once established, get back to the base 3-4. So in short, no, I don't think Dorsey is the "answer" per se but he is a very solid player for us and is only going to get better.
This wasn't a down year. It is a typical NFL season. Only one team ever completed a perfect season and even they had drama that year. The 49ers aren't an upper/middle class team. They are an elite team in the NFL that has challenges like all other teams. All the controversy was more just digging for issues than anything. 2nd year starting QBs struggle? This isnt new. GM's and coaches disagree? Isn't that normal? Injuries? Every year and we've been lucky.

Seattle has their issues. Drugs and cheating. A struggling QB.
Denver? Rolls Royce offense, but a Mattel defense.
Carolina? Cam is a bad play away from implosion. Questionable receivers.
New England? Tom Brady and....?
I can go on with all of the playoff teams.

In the end, I would take out problems over those of any other team. I'll also take our record of success over the past three years.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are pretty good for a down year. The fake penalty vs. Drew Brees where we hit his shoulder pads was costly though. We are looking at 13 - 3 without that and the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Instead we dropped to the #5 seed. Maybe the most costly penalty of any team all season. And the thing is it was fake too.
I could not agree more... this is some real b******t... the refs are screwing us out of a championship
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think Dorsey has been solid and hopefully Ian comes back PISSED OFF! That said, we've had a glaring weakness for a long long long time here and that is, when we do face big, powerful RB's we tend to get beat up right up the middle for 4-5 yards a carry. Usually, teams don't stick with it (save for Indy/Seattle). But I still think we need more beef up front or go to a 4-man bigger personnel DL to stuff it initially and then once established, get back to the base 3-4. So in short, no, I don't think Dorsey is the "answer" per se but he is a very solid player for us and is only going to get better.

With the salary cap it will probably be rough to have a premier nose tackle along with all the other talent on this team unfortunately. I think as long as Willis and Bowman continue to play at a high level the Niners will be ok. Dorsey and Williams should be solid, not spectacular at the position for a while.

The Niners defense is predicated on a bend don't break philosophy. They don't like giving up big plays which is why they rarely seem to stack the box. It forces the offense to slowly drive down the field, driving up the opportunities for a miscue from the offense. This however, does leave them a bit vulnerable to a big back who can push a pile, like Lynch or Jackson.

But I also think if you look at a player like Lynch, he performs well virtually any game. He's just one of those consistent players who is going to get his yardage at this point. Holding him to a sub 100 day is something to be proud of. So I'm not too concerned with the Niners struggling a bit against Lynch. I also think the Niners simply didn't expect Indy to run as much as they did that day and really came in the game a bit flat.