LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Upper/Middle Class Problems

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
People are mad that our BMW isn't fast as the Broncos Ferrari.

lol I'm not scared of the Broncos if we end up seeing them in the Super Bowl. They've played a cake schedule and lost to the meh Chargers at home.
The only reason people are saying it's a down year is because the Seahawks won the division. If we had to play round 1 and the Panthers and (insert random team), no one would care about the one seed. Just as long as we out do the Seahawks. SMH.
But...KILLAR INSTINCZ
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The only reason people are saying it's a down year is because the Seahawks won the division. If we had to play round 1 and the Panthers and (insert random team), no one would care about the one seed. Just as long as we out do the Seahawks. SMH.

You know what's funny? Nobody seemed to hate the Seahawks all that much until late last season. Strange how things change so dramatically in such a short period of time...
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
It's all relative, though... NFC West teams are built specifically to beat the Niners.

49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals all have more wins than 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL, and the Cards aren't even going to the playoffs...

Yet we are 5 -1 against NFC West teams

This.

5-1 against the best division in football is nothing to sneeze at.

And Packer fans thinking they're world beaters because they squeezed out a division title in a crap division and haven't played anyone since we whooped their ass in week 1.

Gotta love it.
Nice post. Most teams would cream their pants to have our "problems".
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nice post. Most teams would cream their pants to have our "problems".

+1
Niners are good.
imo, this team is better equipped than last years. sure, we were able to take some teams by surprise with kaep, but we didn't have the overall ALL AROUND talent like we have now.

our secondary has been one of the best in the nfl, brock and reid have played at an all pro level. we actually have a clutch kicker now, and it's safe to say that we do have more weapons on offense this year, plus, we don't have kyle williams anymore.

i didn't expect us to win the superbowl last year, i expect it this year though.
Don't forget that we went 5-1 in one of the toughest divisions in NFL history.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are pretty good for a down year. The fake penalty vs. Drew Brees where we hit his shoulder pads was costly though. We are looking at 13 - 3 without that and the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Instead we dropped to the #5 seed. Maybe the most costly penalty of any team all season. And the thing is it was fake too.

Or you could say that the Frank Gore dropped pass or the Vance McDonald drop were the reason we're not 13-3. The fact of the matter is that this team has put itself in positions to let other people determine its fate. It happened in the Superbowl as well. Every team has to allow for a bad call or two from the refs to alter the game. But it's always prior mistakes or miscues that have put the team in that position.

The 12-4 record is well-deserved and even better than expected despite the challenges we've had this year. But it could have been worse. We could have a quarterback with a season-ending back surgery and relying on Colt McCoy throughout the playoffs.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Dec 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Niners are good.

This
We were good, but could have been better.

Roman is the only real problem I see on this team. His playcalling is straight retarded and without the talent on this roster we would look like Jacksonvilles offense. It cost us the Indy game, kept both the saints and panthers in the game and almost cost us yesterdays game. Look at the 1st drive. We use some spiffy runs to get 1st and goal... then 3 bad pass calls, we settle for a FG. 1 yard to go with the biggest line in the league... lets call a stretch play. 4th down... lets call the exact same play for two weeks in a row.. the defense will never expect it!

Dude outhinks himself far too often, when sometimes the simplest call is the best. Its like he consistenly forgets what makes this offense good, but then remembers on 3rd and long and runs a f*ckin run play up the middle. Thank god we got Patton healthy, Ive been saying it all year, this kid has "it". Hopefully he makes up for some of Romans stupid future calls.
And all of this while playing generally an uber conservative offense and defense. The record means this team has a great deal of talent that overcame the schemes.
I think a big reason for the "disappointment" this season was what we all expected of Kaepernick. He was on fire last season, both passing and running and we all thought it could only get exponentially better. When Kap wasn't out there throwing for 400 every game and running for another 100 there was a sense of let down, irrational as it may be. It's the nature of being a fan I suppose.

Kap's season wasn't all bad, with him throwing for 3,100 yards and 21 TDs. He did this playing for a very conservative team that likes to sit on 10 point leads and make the other team beat them. He also did it with virtually no receiver help.

I think another thing to look at is the offseason acquisitions and depth the Niners have developed. Boldin was absolutely huge for the team. But I think Dorsey was another key addition who really helped to hold the defensive line together. Jerrod-Eddie broke out as a pretty good player, which the team needed to help spell the starters. If you really look at it, the Niners lost their starting nose tackle from last season (Sopoaga), the backup from last season (Jean-Francois), and started essentially the third string guy this year (Ian Williams). He plays very well, but goes down with and injury and the Niners are forced to plug that hole. Let's also not forget the Aldon Smith saga and Skuta filling in pretty effectively.

To finish a season 12-4 with as many issues as this team has had I think is pretty impressive. Especially in an absolutely brutal division with a first place schedule.
Share 49ersWebzone