There are 205 users in the forums

Upper/Middle Class Problems

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There have been many things I have not liked about this season. But when you sit back and look at it, here are some facts:

1) Many may consider the 2013 season to be the "worse" season under Jim Harbaugh which featured the first official crisis of the HarBaalke era, a two game losing streak. In this "down" year, we are 12-4.

2) Colin Kaeperneck regressed this year to finish with over 3,000 yards passing, 21 TDs and 8 INTs.

3) We found some defensive line depth and didn't really use either of our rookies, Quinton Dial and Tank Carradine.

4) We got to 12-4 with one receiver for the majority of the season.

5) In spite of the game today, Frank Gore is still the man.

6) NaVorro Bowman, though he won't win, made a case for being DPOY.

7) We've got a future All-Pro in Eric Reid.

When you look at the mess in Washington, Cleveland, New York (Jets), Miami, etc, and realize we are 12-4 in a down year, the San Francisco 49ers really do have upper/middle class problems.
Good post.

Those teams you mentioned have real problems - we have challenges.
We are pretty good for a down year. The fake penalty vs. Drew Brees where we hit his shoulder pads was costly though. We are looking at 13 - 3 without that and the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Instead we dropped to the #5 seed. Maybe the most costly penalty of any team all season. And the thing is it was fake too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are pretty good for a down year. The fake penalty vs. Drew Brees where we hit his shoulder pads was costly though. We are looking at 13 - 3 without that and the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Instead we dropped to the #5 seed. Maybe the most costly penalty of any team all season. And the thing is it was fake too.

I forgot about this. Have to throw that in. Technically 13-3 and it still could be a down year. Pretty damn good team.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
There have been many things I have not liked about this season. But when you sit back and look at it, here are some facts:

1) Many may consider the 2013 season to be the "worse" season under Jim Harbaugh which featured the first official crisis of the HarBaalke era, a two game losing streak. In this "down" year, we are 12-4.

2) Colin Kaeperneck regressed this year to finish with over 3,000 yards passing, 21 TDs and 8 INTs.

3) We found some defensive line depth and didn't really use either of our rookies, Quinton Dial and Tank Carradine.

4) We got to 12-4 with one receiver for the majority of the season.

5) In spite of the game today, Frank Gore is still the man.

6) NaVorro Bowman, though he won't win, made a case for being DPOY.

7) We've got a future All-Pro in Eric Reid.

When you look at the mess in Washington, Cleveland, New York (Jets), Miami, etc, and realize we are 12-4 in a down year, the San Francisco 49ers really do have upper/middle class problems.

It's all relative, though... NFC West teams are built specifically to beat the Niners.

49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals all have more wins than 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL, and the Cards aren't even going to the playoffs...
I forgot about this. Have to throw that in. Technically 13-3 and it still could be a down year. Pretty damn good team.

Good point. It hasn't been pretty at times, but we're a phantom call away from being the top seed in the NFC.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
It's all relative, though... NFC West teams are built specifically to beat the Niners.

49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals all have more wins than 22 of the 32 teams in the NFL, and the Cards aren't even going to the playoffs...

Yet we are 5 -1 against NFC West teams

You guys are forgetting that we were very lucky to even be in that game for many reasons. Yes it was a terrible call, but we were very lucky and did not play well that day.

So, I am not lamenting about that outcome, anyway.
Nice post.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

You guys are forgetting that we were very lucky to even be in that game for many reasons. Yes it was a terrible call, but we were very lucky and did not play well that day.

So, I am not lamenting about that outcome, anyway.

Not lamenting the outcome, just saying...we're doing alright down a "down" year.

No one ever has flawless years. This is the NFL. You think, especially at the end of the regular season, fans of the 2012 Ravens didn't think they had flaws? Or fans of the 2011 Giants were giddy by the end of December?
Great post,great set of "problems" to have.thanx for the perspective doot.
People are mad that our BMW isn't fast as the Broncos Ferrari.
Great topic.

It's really been an emotional season, with so many ups and downs and still trying to recover from the Super Bowl loss. We definitely aren't struggling as much as people think we are. We are literally 12-4 and could easily be 14-2. Last season we were 11-4-1. Seems like an improvement to me.
There was a lot of bunched up panties this season that's for damn sure.
Share 49ersWebzone