There are 165 users in the forums

NO KILLER INSTINCT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You'd think with guys like Ahmad Brooks around we'd have plenty of killer instinct. But then again maybe that's more "drunken battery" instinct

Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
I hate the über conservative plays calling! It drives me and my fellow Niner fans insane. We could have crushed the cardinals today. But instead we sit on a 1st qtr lead. And almost ended up losing. I miss the 80's and 90's. back when we would crush opponents, scoring in the 40's a d 50's a lot. Lead the league in passing and be ranked high in rushing. Go for the jugular mentality. With this sketch conservative offense is a reason we might not win it all. It comes back to bite you. Most talented O in the league. We should be breaking records this year more than the Denver donkeys

This aint the 80's nor the 90's. Also the Cardinals are a pretty damn good team.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I,m tired of this "If we can just hold on mentality" crap...it will catch up with the 9ers SOON,I hope THAT jed york WHEN HE SITS DOWN WITH hARBUGAH tell him look,this barely winning when you should be beating the hell out teams has got to stop.I don't see any killer instinct at all from the coaching staff,this is what Mariucci did in his coaching tenure with the niners....IF this is what we have to look forward to,NO SUPERBOWL WINS.This game SHOULD NOT BE THIS FREAKING CLOSE...aaagghhh.

That's just the way it is right now, deal with it. You think Harbaugh want's to win by the skin of his teeth? Don't think so, but you take a win anyway you can get it.
Yeah, its scary. We need better QB play as well to up the points to a more comfortable margin.
Noob
This Fuking Guy
The other guys get paid too bro...
I fking hope so too dude
While I admit watching the Niners this year was pretty frustrating at times, 12-4 is a darn good record, especially going 5-1 in the NFC West. Agree, sometimes they don't keep a foot on their opponents' throats, like yesterday. Yet, they still won. The offense is too sporadic, the defense, while overall very good, just can't sustain a pass rush. You can't give QB's like Palmer (and Rodgers coming up) a lot of time to throw, or they'll pick you apart. I'd like to see more stunts, ILB blitzes...Fangio needs to mix things up more against the better QB's with good OL's. The secondary just can't stay with receivers when the opposing QB isn't under duress. Kaepernick still has a lot to learn about reading defenses and making timely audibles. He keeps his OL in their stances too long...it screws up the flow during a lot of drives. Yesterday it was clear we weren't going to have success running the ball...but saw very few throws to RB's. When Kap did swing it out to James or Dixon, it worked. Don't recall Gore getting anything thrown his way. All that said, we still won, but do agree the Niners could makes things easier for themselves with more creative playcalling/execution.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
after what this team has been through, 1-2 start, roman, bad losses at home, roman, aldon smith, roman, injuries, roman.. being backed in a corner where we HAD to win games,, 12-4 is very very nice and i do not care where we play or who or how far we go. credit to the head coach and players for never allowing the house to be divided and for not allowing romans brain drain to seep into the entire team. now of course if we win sunday i will care about how far we go because the more you win, the more you want to win and the further you go, the further you want to go
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
I hate the über conservative plays calling! It drives me and my fellow Niner fans insane. We could have crushed the cardinals today. But instead we sit on a 1st qtr lead. And almost ended up losing. I miss the 80's and 90's. back when we would crush opponents, scoring in the 40's a d 50's a lot. Lead the league in passing and be ranked high in rushing. Go for the jugular mentality. With this sketch conservative offense is a reason we might not win it all. It comes back to bite you. Most talented O in the league. We should be breaking records this year more than the Denver donkeys

this what I'm talking about,yes sir 49ersHeronie is a person that gets me,they know what I mean.Should have crushed the Cards but, noooo GRo acted like a kid who likes to play with his own snot,instead of getting rid of it...sickening...I hope GRo gets a HC job SOON....I also hope Jed tells Harbuagh;hey look you got to stop playing around with teams and put them away when it is clearly that you have the weapons to do so.
Share 49ersWebzone