LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

NO KILLER INSTINCT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Free thread
Champions always believe that they can win. It is a mindset. With that in mind I again wonder what this team would do if we let them off the leash a little. We saw it early in the game and then they were reigned in. Maybe in the next few weeks we will go on the attack like I think we can?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Name calling? Please provide evidence.

Also, this thread is nothing more of the same complaining that can be put in a number of different threads. No need to flood the zone with chicken little threads for every knee-jerk reaction.

I am not saying it is you.

There's nothing knee jerk about watching us go through stretches of bumble and stumble every game turning what should be statement wins into anxiety filled nightmares. Quite predictable really.

And, you were calling for a lock, not thread consolidation I believe.
2011: 49ers vs. Tamba Bay Buccaneers. We're up big, and we keep attacking anyway.

Result: Josh Morgan broken ankle, we lose our second best WR for the rest of the year.

There are pros and cons to anything, so as long as we win, you shouldn't complain -- especially against a quality opponent. The Cardinals are not pushovers.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
2011: 49ers vs. Tamba Bay Buccaneers. We're up big, and we keep attacking anyway.

Result: Josh Morgan broken ankle, we lose our second best WR for the rest of the year.

There are pros and cons to anything, so as long as we win, you shouldn't complain -- especially against a quality opponent. The Cardinals are not pushovers.
that's not the same thing.

we got up big and could have rested the players

this game was never out of hand. however if we go 31-0 or 31-7 we rest our players and they're not in the game to get hurt.

the problem is the offense turned it off thanks to roman and became vanilla

he played to protect the lead instead of extend and put this team away

and it got our defense out there for SO MANY more snaps than they should have been.
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I f**king hope Harbaugh is HAPPY

Didn't AZ beat Seattle last week?

Yes they did. 9ers beat a very tough, playoff caliber Arizona team today. Nice way to go into the playoff's riding a 6 game winning streak......
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
look dude I understand that SOMETIME you have to GRIND it out BUT for games where you start out rolling and all of a sudden you GO away from what is working and it not just this game it has been most of the season,but I see you have the same Mindset as the Coaches and you just can't fix stupid .

I'm going to ignore your Ad Hominem fallacy and ask you what would be a satisfactory level this team is supposed to stay locked in to oh Great and Holy Swammi
Ibtl
Terrible playcalling for most of the game. Conservative doesn't win you the title. Please someone hire Roman next season as a
headcoach so we can get a better OC.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

that's not the same thing.

we got up big and could have rested the players

this game was never out of hand. however if we go 31-0 or 31-7 we rest our players and they're not in the game to get hurt.

the problem is the offense turned it off thanks to roman and became vanilla

he played to protect the lead instead of extend and put this team away

and it got our defense out there for SO MANY more snaps than they should have been.

I respectfully disagree.

The Arizona Cardinals are a SOLID team with a top-ranked defense. If you play wild and overly aggressive against that type of team, things can get ugly -- these type of games are won by field-position, time of position, and and turnover free football.

Just look at what happened after Jay Feely's second missed field goal. We were up 17-10. On the first play, we tried to play aggressive by calling a play-action pass; it was defended well and Kaepernick got sacked for a loss of 12 yards -- we then went 3-and-out.

Each game is its own entity, and we did what was necessary to win THIS STYLE of football game.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
the same place your english instinct is

what about the next year 1989 and 1984?

spoken by a guy who must have read them ALL

Had to scroll by them to read the thread... pardon me for being logical, thinking you'd have something new to say.
I respectfully disagree.

The Arizona Cardinals are a SOLID team with a top-ranked defense. If you play wild and overly aggressive against that type of team, things can get ugly -- these type of games are won by field-position, time of position, and and turnover free football.

Just look at what happened after Jay Feely's second missed field goal. We were up 17-10. On the first play, we tried to play aggressive by calling a play-action pass; it was defended well and Kaepernick got sacked for a loss of 12 yards -- we then went 3-and-out.

Each game is its own entity, and we did what was necessary to win THIS STYLE of football game.

wildly aggressive?

just don't shut the offense down and become vanilla. that doesn't mean you have to play action pass and throw bombs every down. it does mean keep the offense in rhythm. continue to run screens to the wr's who were destroying the cardinal db's it does mean string together some 1st downs it does mean don't run the same exact play on every single 3rd/4th short yardage situation to put the defense BACK on the field for snaps they shouldn't be taking

the defense shouldn't have to NOT give up any points in for us to win we should put up 31 and have them play looser than they do.

and we didn't do what was necessary
we did the opposite of what was necessary
we played to protect the lead not put them away.
we play to put them away mccoy is taking snaps in the 4th instead of us having to have a drive for a win with less than a minute left
I,m tired of this "If we can just hold on mentality" crap...it will catch up with the 9ers SOON,I hope THAT jed york WHEN HE SITS DOWN WITH hARBUGAH tell him look,this barely winning when you should be beating the hell out teams has got to stop.I don't see any killer instinct at all from the coaching staff,this is what Mariucci did in his coaching tenure with the niners....IF this is what we have to look forward to,NO SUPERBOWL WINS.This game SHOULD NOT BE THIS FREAKING CLOSE...aaagghhh.

Stop acting like a Seahawks fan!
Ok so lets fire everyone go back to 7-9,9-7,8-8,6-10 seasonz then maybe when we win y'all won't be so unhappy N won't b*tch so much if we barely win tha game. ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Dec 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
I agree, it is so frustrating!
Share 49ersWebzone