LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Crabtree's Top Gear

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please merge if needed but I haven't seen this topic discussed in detail yet. I want you guys' opinion on the possibility of Crabs top gear not coming back. We've seen Crabtree back for a few weeks now and I will admit I'm really impressed, his route running, blocking and yac moves have been better than expected thus far. But my question to you all is; if Crabtree never gets his top gear back, and stays the way he currently is, is he a true #1 WR like he was last year? I say yes. I can envision him having numbers like Boldin or Hines Ward who also never needed top speed to be successful. I'm not trying to be a downer or jinx our guy but let's face it, an Achilles injury is hard to return from, not impossible but he may never have that top gear again. Thoughts?
Crab will be fine and he'll get that top gear back. Look at Hunter. You can't even tell he was hurt.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajra6B4rMiI" style="text-align: center;[/video]

The American version is so f**king awful.
Bust out the deer antler
All of Crabtree's gear is fresh!
By next season, barring any setbacks, Crabs will be 27 years old and his speed will come back. He was never really a burner, but he has a knack for getting open.
The only ones that worried about crabs speed are the raiders.

Route running looks good, RAC looks good
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The American version is so f**king awful.

+1

Really love the humor on the BBC production
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Crab will be fine and he'll get that top gear back. Look at Hunter. You can't even tell he was hurt.

This

He will be fine, he just needs some time.
Am I the only one that thinks he woulda got caught from behind even if he hadn't been injured
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM ]
Peckerwood posts.
He seems to be a little less explosive but he has gotten much better since his first week back. The completely tore his achilles tendon May 21st. Just to be playing seven months later is amazing much less having 100 yard games. I'm more worried about re-injury than I am about what gear he has. He's fine right now and only getting better.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
He seems to be a little less explosive but he has gotten much better since his first week back. The completely tore his achilles tendon May 21st. Just to be playing seven months later is amazing much less having 100 yard games. I'm more worried about re-injury than I am about what gear he has. He's fine right now and only getting better.

this
Share 49ersWebzone