There are 152 users in the forums

49ers Pro Bowl selections 2013-2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Selections will be announced tonight at 6 pm.

Looks like C.J. Spillman finished in 1st place among the fan voting, and Joe Staley finished 2nd at T.

Any predictions for who makes it?

edit: Eight 49ers make Pro Bowl:

RB- Frank Gore
(5th Pro Bowl)
TE- Vernon Davis
(2nd Pro Bowl)
T- Joe Staley
(3rd Pro Bowl)
G- Mike Iupati
(2nd Pro Bowl)
DT- Justin Smith
(5th Pro Bowl)
ILB- NaVorro Bowman
(2nd Pro Bowl)
ILB- Patrick Willis
(7th Pro Bowl)
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
(1st Pro Bowl)

Congrats to Patrick Willis on making his 7th Pro Bowl in 7 seasons in the NFL, Justin Smith for making his 5th consecutive Pro Bowl (all as a Niner), and Ahmad Brooks for his 1st career selection.

Now hopefully the only reference of these guys making this team will be on paper!

Has this ever been done before? He's got to be close to a record.
During the Falcon's game, they showed some stats on Tony Gonzalez. I think I recall seeing that Tony G. was a Pro Bowler for 10 consecutive years (and then a few more times but not consecutively).

Edit: I should have read through to the end of the thread before posting this - others have noted players that had even longer consecutive Pro Bowl streaks.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Dec 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It doesn't matter because he can't play but Bruce Miller being voted the 8th highest fullback is absurd. There's not even 8 real fullbacks that play in the NFL.

Wow, he, by far, IS the best FB in the game. 8th? Seriously?

That is ridiculous. Good grief.

Congrats to Brooks on making it; well deserved.
Originally posted by 49erphan:

Looks like C.J. Spillman finished in 1st place among the fan voting, and Joe Staley finished 2nd at T.

RB- Frank Gore
(5th Pro Bowl)
TE- Vernon Davis
(2nd Pro Bowl)
T- Joe Staley
(3rd Pro Bowl)
G- Mike Iupati
(2nd Pro Bowl)
DT- Justin Smith
(5th Pro Bowl)
ILB- NaVorro Bowman
(2nd Pro Bowl)
ILB- Patrick Willis
(7th Pro Bowl)
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
(1st Pro Bowl)

Congrats to Patrick Willis on making his 7th Pro Bowl in 7 seasons in the NFL, Justin Smith for making his 5th consecutive Pro Bowl (all as a Niner), and Ahmad Brooks for his 1st career selection.

Now hopefully the only reference of these guys making this team will be on paper!

During the Falcon's game, they showed some stats on Tony Gonzalez. I think I recall seeing that Tony G. was a Pro Bowler for 10 consecutive years (and then a few more times but not consecutively).

Edit: I should have read through to the end of the thread before posting this - others have noted players that had even longer consecutive Pro Bowl streaks.

of all the guys mentioned in this thread, gonzalez, rice, seau etc, none of them started their streaks as a rookie. willis has one up on them in that regard.
Originally posted by crabman82:

RB- Frank Gore
(5th Pro Bowl)
TE- Vernon Davis
(2nd Pro Bowl)
T- Joe Staley
(3rd Pro Bowl)
G- Mike Iupati
(2nd Pro Bowl)
DT- Justin Smith
(5th Pro Bowl)
ILB- NaVorro Bowman
(2nd Pro Bowl)
ILB- Patrick Willis
(7th Pro Bowl)
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
(1st Pro Bowl)

of all the guys mentioned in this thread, gonzalez, rice, seau etc, none of them started their streaks as a rookie. willis has one up on them in that regard.

If he stays healthy I expect Willis to make every single pro bowl of his career
  • Liono
Has any team ever had 3 pro bowl linebackers? Man! They deserve it, but on the other hand, I'm wondering what the deal is with Staley and Iuapati. They are solid linemen, but how exactly has our line been performing at a probowl level? The pass protection and run blocking has not been great.
Originally posted by Liono:
Has any team ever had 3 pro bowl linebackers? Man! They deserve it, but on the other hand, I'm wondering what the deal is with Staley and Iuapati. They are solid linemen, but how exactly has our line been performing at a probowl level? The pass protection and run blocking has not been great.

the saints and their dome patrol lb's sent 3 of their 4 in 1991 and all 4 in 1992. additionally the 1996 panthers sent 3 of their 4 lb's, sam mills, lamar lathon and kevin greene
Glad Brooks getting the Probowl. Long road to success for him since he came out of the supplemental draft. So underrated for so long on the team. Kudos to other NFL players recognizing his play this year.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM ]
We would have gotten all of our linebackers in this year had Aldon not went retard.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We would have gotten all of our linebackers in this year had Aldon not went retard.

honestly he probably would have had like 15-20 sacks and completely over shadowed brooks again
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I would rather just see a skills competition rather than an actual game

This wold be so much more interesting than the actual game. I loved watching those skills completions when I was a kid, hell it might at least spark a little competition.

Originally posted by KegBert:

This wold be so much more interesting than the actual game. I loved watching those skills completions when I was a kid, hell it might at least spark a little competition.

yeah i dont watch the pro bowl much anymore, i probably would watch a skills competition though. either way i only track pro bowl selections as a reflections of our players career resumes.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Didn't a rb from Miami get hurt doing those skill drills? That's why they did away with it no?
I thought Phil Dawson should have got in. He has been downright dominant this season. As dominant as a kicker can be anyways.
  • dara
  • Veteran
I'm happy brooks finally got the recognition he deserved. Such an underrated player
Originally posted by crabman82:

RB- Frank Gore
(5th Pro Bowl)
TE- Vernon Davis
(2nd Pro Bowl)
T- Joe Staley
(3rd Pro Bowl)
G- Mike Iupati
(2nd Pro Bowl)
DT- Justin Smith
(5th Pro Bowl)
ILB- NaVorro Bowman
(2nd Pro Bowl)
ILB- Patrick Willis
(7th Pro Bowl)
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
(1st Pro Bowl)

If he stays healthy I expect Willis to make every single pro bowl of his career

Once you get the rep, its just about staying healthy and not having a noticeably bad year.
Share 49ersWebzone