There are 292 users in the forums

49ers Pro Bowl selections 2013-2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We beat the Seahawks in something again, lol
Who were our alternates?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Reid not being included is robbery.

67 tackles 4 INTs 10 total PDs is just as good of stats if not better than Chancellor and Berry, Polamalu actually deserves it for his stats and play.

not too mention that stat about him being 1 of 6 rookie safeties to not allow a TD in 400+ snaps.

smfh......
Spillman got robbed
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think Iupati got gifted one.

Also think Reid got the shaft.

LOL Iupati definitely got a gift. It was due mostly to nagging injuries, but hes having a pretty bad year. Plus he missed almost a month up until last week.

Its a shame that Boone didnt get a selection.

Plenty of alternates, as usual. Snubs were Boone, Reid, and Lee imo. I thought Spillman had a spot too, considering he won the fan vote, but I guess the players and coaches disagreed.

Lee was top three but I have no problem with the 2 selected as they have been top 3 this year too. Boone is just lack of name because he is better than Iupati and Reid is good but I am not sure pro bowl good.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
alternates via MM

-WR Anquan Boldin was chosen as an alternate. He leads the 49ers with 76 catches for 1,030 yards and six touchdowns.
--G Alex Boone was chosen as an alternate.
--SS Donte Whitner was chosen as an alternate. He made the Pro Bowl last season, and he's having an even better year.
--ST C.J. Spillman is an alternate. He was the only 49ers player to lead the fans vote. Yet, the players and coaches did not choose him. This is a big-time snub. Spillman has been outstanding on special teams ever since coming to the 49ers in 2010.
--P Andy Lee, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, is an alternate. He is third in the NFL with a 48.6 average, and fourth with a net 41.9 average.
--FS Eric Reid, a rookie, was chosen as an alternate. He has four interceptions.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/eight-49ers-chosen-pro-bowl
Originally posted by swayze:
If Boone was a Guard he would have. Problem is Tackle is such a competitive position. Boone still deserved the nod either way though.

Iupati had a pretty bad year, so his selection must be a combination of respect among his peers, and lack of true dominance at the position. He got snubbed in 2011, so ill take this as a make up.

But Boone plays RG...

lol wow. Brain fart. Boone started out as a Tackle, and there was that talk about him sliding over to fill in for a Staley injury earlier this year, maybe thats why I did that...

Definitely shouldve been Boone over Iupati.

More like a brain s**t.
Originally posted by sfout:

67 tackles 4 INTs 10 total PDs is just as good of stats if not better than Chancellor and Berry, Polamalu actually deserves it for his stats and play.

not too mention that stat about him being 1 of 6 rookie safeties to not allow a TD in 400+ snaps.

smfh......

He allowed a TD last week to Atlanta. Reid is a FS also. Earl Thomas is about as good as they get so is Weddle. Byrd missed half the season but does have 4 int's in 8 starts and has been one of the top FS the previous 3 years.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

smfh......

He allowed a TD last week to Atlanta. Reid is a FS also. Earl Thomas is about as good as they get so is Weddle. Byrd missed half the season but does have 4 int's in 8 starts and has been one of the top FS the previous 3 years.

as a rookie to make it, you gotta be off the charts with the stats, otherwise the vets will get the nod.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Reid had a better year than Weddle. He was snubbed.
alternates via MM

-WR Anquan Boldin was chosen as an alternate. He leads the 49ers with 76 catches for 1,030 yards and six touchdowns.
--G Alex Boone was chosen as an alternate.
--SS Donte Whitner was chosen as an alternate. He made the Pro Bowl last season, and he's having an even better year.
--ST C.J. Spillman is an alternate. He was the only 49ers player to lead the fans vote. Yet, the players and coaches did not choose him. This is a big-time snub. Spillman has been outstanding on special teams ever since coming to the 49ers in 2010.
--P Andy Lee, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, is an alternate. He is third in the NFL with a 48.6 average, and fourth with a net 41.9 average.
--FS Eric Reid, a rookie, was chosen as an alternate. He has four interceptions.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/eight-49ers-chosen-pro-bowl

Agree with those. Spillman was a big time snub. Most consistent open field tackler on STs this year.

Also funny how Whitner made the Pro Bowl last year when he was terrible. This year was the best of his career and he doesn't get in lol.
I Have watched Phil Dawson for years living in Cleveland. Was so hoping he would make the pro bowl this year because he is one of the best kickers in the NFL. It is a joke that a guy who has not missed a field goal since September doesn't even make an alternate.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree with those. Spillman was a big time snub. Most consistent open field tackler on STs this year.

Also funny how Whitner made the Pro Bowl last year when he was terrible. This year was the best of his career and he doesn't get in lol.

It because somehow he has been labeled a dirty player. I think it is a joke he is not in there.
Studs. This team is stacked
Share 49ersWebzone