There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Pro Bowl selections 2013-2014

Who's the other team with 8?
Originally posted by Niners99:
If Boone was a Guard he would have. Problem is Tackle is such a competitive position. Boone still deserved the nod either way though.

Iupati had a pretty bad year, so his selection must be a combination of respect among his peers, and lack of true dominance at the position. He got snubbed in 2011, so ill take this as a make up.

But Boone plays RG...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Who's the other team with 8?

KC.
If Aldon doesn't go to rehab all 4 of our starting LBs would be in. That's insane
Still a popularity contest. Our best Guard isn't even the one selected. And how any o-lineman from the skins makes it is just crazy
Tight!!
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by Niners99:
If Boone was a Guard he would have. Problem is Tackle is such a competitive position. Boone still deserved the nod either way though.

Iupati had a pretty bad year, so his selection must be a combination of respect among his peers, and lack of true dominance at the position. He got snubbed in 2011, so ill take this as a make up.

But Boone plays RG...

lol wow. Brain fart. Boone started out as a Tackle, and there was that talk about him sliding over to fill in for a Staley injury earlier this year, maybe thats why I did that...


Definitely shouldve been Boone over Iupati.
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
wilson over kaep? bs

Kaep is not a pro bowler yet. Neither is Wilson it should have been Foles
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
wilson over kaep? bs

Kaep is not a pro bowler yet. Neither is Wilson it should have been Foles

I agree, Foles balled out of this world.
ahmad brooks is a man

congrats
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Who's the other team with 8?

KC.

oh ok, gonn' root for them now...
Originally posted by YungAce:
ahmad brooks is a man

congrats

Just imagine if Brock and Culliver emerge as Pro Bowl caliber CB's in the next couple years. Our defense is going to be STACKED.

I was going to say its a crying shame that Culliver got hurt this year, but you could potentially look at it as the factor that opened the door for us to discover what we had in Tramaine Brock. He might have gotten lost in the shuffle otherwise.
Obviously the players feels like its a lot harder and tougher going against Iupati than Boone, that's why they picked him over Boone. The coaches probably feel the same because Iupati wasn't getting any love and votes from the fans. Iupati had a down year due to injuries but that doesn't take away the respect he has from the coaches and the players that's going up against him.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
wilson over kaep? bs

Kaep is not a pro bowler yet. Neither is Wilson it should have been Foles

Kap didnt quite deserve it this year. I think he did last year, but just came on a little too late in the season.

As much as I cant stand Wilson or the Seahawks, I think hes been one of the 6 best QB's this year. Foles didnt get going until 9 games into their season with the 7 TD game. The first half he was in an injury riddled game of musical chairs with Vick and Barkley.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Obviously the players feels like its a lot harder and tougher going against Iupati than Boone, that's why they picked him over Boone. The coaches probably feel the same because Iupati wasn't getting any love and votes from the fans. Iupati had a down year due to injuries but that doesn't take away the respect he has from the coaches and the players that's going up against him.

Considering only a small % of the players voting actually have to face Iupati or Boone, I think it was mostly due to name recognition. Boone is having a MUCH better season, and any scout would agree.