There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Patrick Willis save the NaVorro Bowman touchdown?

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Patrick Willis hasn't lost any speed or lost a step. people who said that can die in a fire. he had 18 tackles that night. when was the last time he had that much or more? i cant even get that many in madden

And he had a great pass breakup on Gonzalez.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Patrick Willis hasn't lost any speed or lost a step. people who said that can die in a fire. he had 18 tackles that night. when was the last time he had that much or more? i cant even get that many in madden

And he had a great pass breakup on Gonzalez.

yep!
if you look closely you can see Willis save a cricket that was about to get stepped on during that return he kicked it right out of harms way

he's like the greatest person in the history of ever
Want to know what really saved the day? It was "the Dude" softening Navorro's hands before the game with sprayable cocoa butter lotion. Without that, the ball would have easily glided through Bowman's baby strong talc-like grip just like the kickoff that eluded him earlier.
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Patrick-Willis-in-Candlestick-Finale/08f1c5e1-a04c-440b-bf8b-91d4f29df051
I noticed the contact by Brooks, as well. Thank goodness the refs didn't throw a flag. It had nothing to do with the play and would have been an extremely weak call.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Patrick-Willis-in-Candlestick-Finale/08f1c5e1-a04c-440b-bf8b-91d4f29df051

That was awesome. I love the part at the end where P-Willy is going around the locker room congratulating everyone at the end of the game, he goes up to Phil Dawson and Phil says "Can you tell me how the playoffs work?"
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Want to know what really saved the day? It was "the Dude" softening Navorro's hands before the game with sprayable cocoa butter lotion. Without that, the ball would have easily glided through Bowman's baby strong talc-like grip just like the kickoff that eluded him earlier.

The legend of "the Dude" grows.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Willis is GREAT against the run and run blitzing and pass blitzing up the middle of course he's GREAT BUT......he consistently gets smoked in pass coverage and didn't Willson get behind him on TWO crossing patterns and one of them went for a SEACHICKEN TD. I don't get it, this guy gets all the notoriety from the homers yet Navaroo and Brock and even Ahmad Brooks have made more game changing plays then Willis. When Willis missed those two to three games and was replaced by Wilhoite the defense didn't even miss a beat. That speaks of coming 2014 paycut.

You dont seem to understand that when a LB is asked to cover a pass catcher, be it a WR or a TE, they are doing so out of necessity, not because theyre good at it. a LB in ANY kind of coverage is a mismatch, and is more often than not going to get picked on. It is also the job of the S to help him out in a case like that, so that Seahawks TD wasnt just on Willis. It was just bad coverage all around.

He gets notoriety because hes the best MLB in the NFL. NaVorro Bowman might be just as good, but Willis is still king until someone clearly unseats him. Ahmad Brooks is a pass rushing OLB. Its a completely different position. I cant stand when pass rushers get all this credit for being game changers, and MLB get no credit because of their job description.

Willis is the longest tenured defensive starter, and the defensive captain. To suggest that hes overrated because our D didnt miss a beat when Michael Wilhoite replaced him shows your true ignorance. Our D is loaded with veterans who make missing one single player less noticeable. We didnt lose a game the entire time Aldon Smith was in rehab. Was it because hes overrated, and can be replaced by Corey Lemonier? Of course not. Its because our D stepped up and filled the void like veterans.

You statement makes no sense. You basically call him replaceable, and in need of a 2014 paycut, yet you call him GREAT in what hes supposed to be doing on every play. Because hes only an average coverage LB, hes overrated as a football player? Give me a break. You should just stop talking,

If you asked every NFL scout about how many players are definitively better than Patrick Willis at the MLB position, theyd say "maybe 2, at most". All hes ever done in his career is make the Pro Bowl and All-Pro team. Every single year hes been a player. If hes lost any kind of step, hes fallen to the 2nd or 3rd best MLB in the NFL. Hardly justifies your position here.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Patrick-Willis-in-Candlestick-Finale/08f1c5e1-a04c-440b-bf8b-91d4f29df051

That was awesome. I love the part at the end where P-Willy is going around the locker room congratulating everyone at the end of the game, he goes up to Phil Dawson and Phil says "Can you tell me how the playoffs work?"

Lol with Dawson. He must feel great knowing (and to an extent Colt) they are going to the playoffs after years of frustration with the Browns.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Patrick-Willis-in-Candlestick-Finale/08f1c5e1-a04c-440b-bf8b-91d4f29df051

That was awesome. I love the part at the end where P-Willy is going around the locker room congratulating everyone at the end of the game, he goes up to Phil Dawson and Phil says "Can you tell me how the playoffs work?"

Lol with Dawson. He must feel great knowing (and to an extent Colt) they are going to the playoffs after years of frustration with the Browns.

Dawson has played in 1 career playoff game in 14 years. Nice to see him get another chance to go.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ether:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000303631/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lighting-up-Candlestick

This is an honest observation and question. Watch the video of the Bowman return @ 0:12-0:13. #19 Drew Davis is chasing after Bowman with Willis in front and Ahmad Brooks closing in on him from the back. Ahmad Brooks comes from behind and pretty clearly pushes Drew Davis in the back. With the momentum Davis was carrying, if Brooks shoves him and Davis, without Willis there to inadvertently prop him up, falls over... would that have been a block in the back, and penalty on the return?

I noticed that immediately. I thought, "WTF is brooks doing! " Willis pretty much held up davis. Had davis flopped to the ground, refs probably would've thrown the flag.



Damn at Brooks. Tell brooks that dumb for penalty and yellow flag too but refs didn't threw the flag for us when bowman got td. Whew... Brooks is f**king dumb a football cuz he need learning careful the less about penalty and flags.. He is f**king cost trouble for penalty and flags.. He was f**king dumb for flags at Super Bowl last Feb..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ether:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000303631/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lighting-up-Candlestick

This is an honest observation and question. Watch the video of the Bowman return @ 0:12-0:13. #19 Drew Davis is chasing after Bowman with Willis in front and Ahmad Brooks closing in on him from the back. Ahmad Brooks comes from behind and pretty clearly pushes Drew Davis in the back. With the momentum Davis was carrying, if Brooks shoves him and Davis, without Willis there to inadvertently prop him up, falls over... would that have been a block in the back, and penalty on the return?

I noticed that immediately. I thought, "WTF is brooks doing! " Willis pretty much held up davis. Had davis flopped to the ground, refs probably would've thrown the flag.



Damn at Brooks. Tell brooks that dumb for penalty and yellow flag too but refs didn't threw the flag for us when bowman got td. Whew... Brooks is f**king dumb a football cuz he need learning careful the less about penalty and flags.. He is f**king cost trouble for penalty and flags.. He was f**king dumb for flags at Super Bowl last Feb..

take it easy buzz. brooks is one of our best players.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ether:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000303631/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lighting-up-Candlestick

This is an honest observation and question. Watch the video of the Bowman return @ 0:12-0:13. #19 Drew Davis is chasing after Bowman with Willis in front and Ahmad Brooks closing in on him from the back. Ahmad Brooks comes from behind and pretty clearly pushes Drew Davis in the back. With the momentum Davis was carrying, if Brooks shoves him and Davis, without Willis there to inadvertently prop him up, falls over... would that have been a block in the back, and penalty on the return?

I noticed that immediately. I thought, "WTF is brooks doing! " Willis pretty much held up davis. Had davis flopped to the ground, refs probably would've thrown the flag.



Damn at Brooks. Tell brooks that dumb for penalty and yellow flag too but refs didn't threw the flag for us when bowman got td. Whew... Brooks is f**king dumb a football cuz he need learning careful the less about penalty and flags.. He is f**king cost trouble for penalty and flags.. He was f**king dumb for flags at Super Bowl last Feb..

take it easy buzz. brooks is one of our best players.


I know bro. I need brooks must know how football but it is not get penalties or yellow flags for us.. It is very serious for wins and careful about penalty and yellow flags.. Tell brooks please be smart to play the football.. Thanks bro..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ether:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000303631/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lighting-up-Candlestick

This is an honest observation and question. Watch the video of the Bowman return @ 0:12-0:13. #19 Drew Davis is chasing after Bowman with Willis in front and Ahmad Brooks closing in on him from the back. Ahmad Brooks comes from behind and pretty clearly pushes Drew Davis in the back. With the momentum Davis was carrying, if Brooks shoves him and Davis, without Willis there to inadvertently prop him up, falls over... would that have been a block in the back, and penalty on the return?

I noticed that immediately. I thought, "WTF is brooks doing! " Willis pretty much held up davis. Had davis flopped to the ground, refs probably would've thrown the flag.



Damn at Brooks. Tell brooks that dumb for penalty and yellow flag too but refs didn't threw the flag for us when bowman got td. Whew... Brooks is f**king dumb a football cuz he need learning careful the less about penalty and flags.. He is f**king cost trouble for penalty and flags.. He was f**king dumb for flags at Super Bowl last Feb..

take it easy buzz. brooks is one of our best players.


I know bro. I need brooks must know how football but it is not get penalties or yellow flags for us.. It is very serious for wins and careful about penalty and yellow flags.. Tell brooks please be smart to play the football.. Thanks bro..

i will tell him. thanks buzz.