There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Patrick Willis save the NaVorro Bowman touchdown?

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Most impressive to me was PWillys speed, he came from way behind the play. Haven't seen him show that kinda speed since he changed down that receiver on the Cards, back in the day.

YES! After seeing him catch up to the play so fast, I replayed the play to see where he came from and he was engaged with a TE behind and it was sick to see how fast he turned it up. Hes much faster than NaVorro, lol
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Patrick Willis didn't do squat for Bowman except jump on him in the endzone, that pick was ALL Bowman and BROCK!! Both Co MVPs of the Defense. Im about fed up with Willis being so overrated and getting wasted by the Luke Willson's of the NFL World.

You are a sad individual, that you would remember two plays over the great accomplishments of an all-pro player that has so much productivity, its crazy to put any stock in him getting beat a couple times in coverage.

By your statements, I believe you have never stepped on a football field to play yourself, because it sounds like you cant grasp the concept of someone like Willis getting beat in coverage, but it only take .25 of a second in looking into the backfield that those breakdowns can happen.

Unbelieveable, hopefully I missed your sarcasm
Originally posted by Niners99:
Patrick Willis didn't do squat for Bowman except jump on him in the endzone, that pick was ALL Bowman and BROCK!! Both Co MVPs of the Defense. Im about fed up with Willis being so overrated and getting wasted by the Luke Willson's of the NFL World.

If you want to call Willis "overrated", dont do it right after he recorded an 18 tackle game.

This!!! Obviates anything said in the previous quoted post. Timing is everything, and that was the wrong time to make a statement like that. 18 tackles, 3 behind the LOS, one pass defended. Game, set and match.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

If you want to call Willis "overrated", dont do it right after he recorded an 18 tackle game.

This!!! Obviates anything said in the previous quoted post. Timing is everything, and that was the wrong time to make a statement like that. 18 tackles, 3 behind the LOS, one pass defended. Game, set and match.

Lol Willis overrated? Trolling as usual.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Illegal block in the back, #55 defense, TD nullified...1st & goal Atlanta

lol

if you would like to know how football works keep reading

Brooks puts a hand on the back shoulder pad at the 20 yard line
Iif the dude falls down and the old ass ref sees it 80 yards down the field, doubtful cause Walt is OTB
It would have been block in the back on the return
49ers ball at the 30 yard line

I'm more surprised they didn't flag Hitner for knocking down Matty ice as he threw being they flagged him just for being awesome earlier in the game

awesome play, good job, good effort
Willis is GREAT against the run and run blitzing and pass blitzing up the middle of course he's GREAT BUT......he consistently gets smoked in pass coverage and didn't Willson get behind him on TWO crossing patterns and one of them went for a SEACHICKEN TD. I don't get it, this guy gets all the notoriety from the homers yet Navaroo and Brock and even Ahmad Brooks have made more game changing plays then Willis. When Willis missed those two to three games and was replaced by Wilhoite the defense didn't even miss a beat. That speaks of coming 2014 paycut.
Willis is GREAT against the run and run blitzing and pass blitzing up the middle of course he's GREAT BUT......he consistently gets smoked in pass coverage and didn't Willson get behind him on TWO crossing patterns and one of them went for a SEACHICKEN TD. I don't get it, this guy gets all the notoriety from the homers yet Navaroo and Brock and even Ahmad Brooks have made more game changing plays then Willis. When Willis missed those two to three games and was replaced by Wilhoite the defense didn't even miss a beat. That speaks of coming 2014 paycut.

lol It's not Willis job to cover everyone

the play you're talking about was a blown coverage by Reid

Willis was exactly where he was supposed to be Reid was not = TD

All 11 guys need to do their job for a play to work

If you would like to know how football works that play along with others is broken down in the coaches vid thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Lol Willis overrated? Trolling as usual.

willis over rated? and people think i am nuts around here
Originally posted by SoCold:

lol It's not Willis job to cover everyone

the play you're talking about was a blown coverage by Reid

Willis was exactly where he was supposed to be Reid was not = TD

All 11 guys need to do their job for a play to work

If you would like to know how football works that play along with others is broken down in the coaches vid thread

You're wasting your bytes with this guy

First off, why do you think Bow is able to roam around and make plays. It's because everyone is keyed in on what Willis is going to do. Basically leaves Bow to roam around and make plays. Second, you bring up Willson burning PW in the Seattle game. If you were really watching, you would have noticed that the defense was playing a zone and Reid but on the play action leaving his zone unoccupied.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
stupid fxcking thread

Yes Brock and Brooks have made some game changing plays this year. But you're also failing to mention how many times Brooks jumps off sides on a 3rd and 3. He is good for at least one of these penalties a game. Brock on the other hand is showing some promise but he has only done it for this season. I remember him getting burnt constantly in the 2011 NFC Championship game against the Giants. If anything we're lucky enough to have all of these players on this defense, each part is successful because of the other parts of the defense. When it's running in unison it's a beautiful thing, no need to call out Willis because he's been doing it for a longer. Bow is getting love and before the emergence of Kuechly and Lavonte Davis people were saying the PW and Bow were the best middle linebackers in the NFL.

I also thought that Willis blew that play, but Jonnydel broke it down and it was Reid who blew the coverage.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

I also thought that Willis blew that play, but Jonnydel broke it down and it was Reid who blew the coverage.

Yeah, foo, and Reid also bit on the Matt Ryan to Roddy White play fake TD pass.
Patrick Willis hasn't lost any speed or lost a step. people who said that can die in a fire. he had 18 tackles that night. when was the last time he had that much or more? i cant even get that many in madden