There are 179 users in the forums

Did Patrick Willis save the NaVorro Bowman touchdown?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call!

I really thought they were going to call a penalty on Brooks. Talk about stupid!

No way harbaugh was busy running down the field blocking the refs view
Most impressive to me was PWillys speed, he came from way behind the play. Haven't seen him show that kinda speed since he changed down that receiver on the Cards, back in the day.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000303631/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lighting-up-Candlestick
[ Edited by fropwns on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
If you really want to know what saved the play it was the fact that Eric Reid was the one that got to Ryan first. Reid was smart enough to notice that Ryan threw the ball and kind of just pushed him (really no way not to make contact at the speed he was coming in at). A more undisciplined player, say a Brooks or a Whitner, would have put everything out there to cracked Ryan. If that happened you know damn well it would have been called back. I was waiting for a flag when everything happened. Something always goes wrong when Niners make big plays.

Good observation.

Reid is the opposite of Goldson. It makes no highlight film, but his ability to avoid penalties has helped us greatly this year.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call!

I really thought they were going to call a penalty on Brooks. Talk about stupid!

Brooks isn't exactly the "Einstein" of the defense.
Patrick Willis didn't do squat for Bowman except jump on him in the endzone, that pick was ALL Bowman and BROCK!! Both Co MVPs of the Defense. Im about fed up with Willis being so overrated and getting wasted by the Luke Willson's of the NFL World.
It was first for saved us who is first that Reid run too quick and attack on qb when he saw it and threw too quick a time then 2nd is Brock that he got good pay attend for the ball when he is quick to run over him the ball was off and roll. Then bowman saw him threw him that bowman must chase the ball then got an ints from both fight guys... Then Willis was fast and protect him allow the td.. Awesome.. Good job by Reid, Brock, Bowman and Willis.. good job all team..
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Patrick Willis didn't do squat for Bowman except jump on him in the endzone, that pick was ALL Bowman and BROCK!! Both Co MVPs of the Defense. Im about fed up with Willis being so overrated and getting wasted by the Luke Willson's of the NFL World.

Can we just stop with this and ban this guy already? He isn't even hiding the fact that he is a troll anymore.

lol wow. You dont know much about football if you think Willis is overrated. Your future opinions will now be disregarded.

If you want to call Willis "overrated", dont do it right after he recorded an 18 tackle game.

Willis isnt a great cover LB, but hes not terrible either. Im tired of fans who hold great players to a standard where they cant make any mistakes, or they become "overrated". Willis is a Hall of Fame MLB, and is still performing to an elite standard. Hes likely going to his 8th pro bowl in 8 years. Not sure what else you want from him.

Wow. I'm speechless right now. I'm really hoping you're joking or recognized by the state as having the lowest IQ in the history of people.

Mele Kalikimaka troll.
Originally posted by mkmasn:

Wow. I'm speechless right now. I'm really hoping you're joking or recognized by the state as having the lowest IQ in the history of people.

Ehh..nvm. waste time.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Dec 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM ]

Willis made hit after hit. People are going to make plays. It's the NFL.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Illegal block in the back, #55 defense, TD nullified...1st & goal Atlanta

No, the penalty would have happened after the possession change. Still the the 49ers ball, but it would have been a bummer.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Dec 26, 2013 at 4:49 AM ]
If you really want to know what saved the play it was the fact that Eric Reid was the one that got to Ryan first. Reid was smart enough to notice that Ryan threw the ball and kind of just pushed him (really no way not to make contact at the speed he was coming in at). A more undisciplined player, say a Brooks or a Whitner, would have put everything out there to cracked Ryan. If that happened you know damn well it would have been called back. I was waiting for a flag when everything happened. Something always goes wrong when Niners make big plays.

Yeah, i was talking about reid. Your exactly it wht i am talkin bout it.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone