LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2013 - Week 16: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
that stumble was on kaepernick. he totally missed that throw. Vance was wide open.

Uh....huh? He fell down before the ball got there. He can't run for the receiver too...

that's not how i saw it. kaep missed the throw, causing mcdonald to twist to try to get to the ball.

That's how I saw it at first, but after the replay it looks like he still could of caught it.
The guy who covers for the Niners on ESPN said they can get the 2nd seed too. I guess if the Panthers and Saints lose and we win.
Thanks Marvin, I couldn't agree more about Patrick, he's back from his injury. I don't know about McDonald, is he too tight? Frank, what more can be said about this Warrior, he may put this team on his back and give us one heck of a ride.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
that stumble was on kaepernick. he totally missed that throw. Vance was wide open.

Uh....huh? He fell down before the ball got there. He can't run for the receiver too...

that's not how i saw it. kaep missed the throw, causing mcdonald to twist to try to get to the ball.

The ball was off target but catchable. NFL players need to be able to make those catches. I still gave high hopes for Vance, but that was more on him than Kap.
Kaep had some bad throws this game, and I have been pretty critical of him, but there was nothing wrong that with that throw. He threw it to the back shoulder, where it should have been, and McDonald just stumbled. McDonald is truly the big wiff of this draft. That pick could have easily been Keenan Allen like many, many people on the Zone wanted
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

The ball was off target but catchable. NFL players need to be able to make those catches. I still gave high hopes for Vance, but that was more on him than Kap.
Kaep had some bad throws this game, and I have been pretty critical of him, but there was nothing wrong that with that throw. He threw it to the back shoulder, where it should have been, and McDonald just stumbled. McDonald is truly the big wiff of this draft. That pick could have easily been Keenan Allen like many, many people on the Zone wanted

Yep I agree, that was all on McDonald. If you're a TE in the NFL, you need to make those kind of plays. To me, the ball was perfectly thrown to where McDonald won't break his strides if he was to catch the ball, but he decided to have Manti Teo's girlfriend tripped him on the break of his route. McDonald needs to step his game up, he's still young and still developing, hopefully it won't take too long.
Man Marvin your awesome and dedicated!
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
The guy who covers for the Niners on ESPN said they can get the 2nd seed too. I guess if the Panthers and Saints lose and we win.

only way we get the 2nd seed is for us to win the division. yep we could have the second best record and be the 5th seed. They gotta look at that.
i wasn't able to see the game. did we get any pass rush on ryan?

i did see the video on a couple of crabs catches. he seems to release he's missing the extra gear and almost immediately leans back and tries to stiff arm the guy closing on him. but, at the end of the day, how can you not be pleased with all the big plays he's been making.

props to hunter on that long run, too.
What did you make of our FB committee, big drop off from Bruce Miller?
The big question I have is whether we played poorly or whether Atlanta played very well, something they haven't done so far this year. After rewatching the game, I conclude that Atlanta really raised the level of their game. Matt Ryan had pinpoint accuracy and Roddy, finally healthy, played out of his mind. Yeah, our D should have blitzed more, and they had a couple of breakdowns on the long touchdowns, but you have to give Atlanta some credit.

Merry Christmas to all!

if you guys think the Rams will beat Seattle your crazy.

lolwut
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
if you guys think the Rams will beat Seattle your crazy.

You gotta believe!
Originally posted by KegBert:
You gotta believe!

The Rams were about 2 yards from beating them last time....but, that was not in SeaAdderal

Thanks, Marvin!
Thanks Marv,

Here's my 2 cents.

Our first half offense sucked - period. We're fortunate that it was close. Playing catch-up is difficult especially against a team that can score.

I don't know what the causes are - sometimes your opponent is ready for your every move. BUT we're headed into the playoffs and IMO need to hit on all cylinders from the first whistle to the last.
Share 49ersWebzone