LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

the whitner/jackson hit writes the nfl's obituary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That Chancellor hit was way more violent that the Whitner hit. Davis had not even gotten his feet back on the ground. That is what is so frustrating about the officiating. There is absolutely no consistency on calls from crew to crew, game to game ... hell, even in the SAME game.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by SoCold:

That was an awesome hit by Whitner!
That would have set the defensive tone if it weren't for the flag. The others posters are right, Goodell is slowly killing a great game!

why is Walt Coleman still a ref
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Coleman
Originally posted by Wrathman:

That was an awesome hit by Whitner!
That would have set the defensive tone if it weren't for the flag. The others posters are right, Goodell is slowly killing a great game!

why is Walt Coleman still a ref
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Coleman

He $ucks Brontosaurus Balls!
At best, the only think you can do is propose a change where you can challenge those personal foul penalties. Even then, it's still a judgement call. May not help all that much..
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Even if it's a legal hit, if it looks bad or sounds bad they'll throw the flag every time. The refs are afraid of being downgraded and the NFL has become pu**ified. Terrible call and the league won't give two craps as long as seats are full and merchandise is bought. Goodell is a scumbag.

The former players are also to blame. There is a war behind the scenes that the league is waging. Whitner should tell former players suing the league to simply go away...if former players were too damn stupid to realize that hits and concussions were hurting their brains they deserve what they got. People need to take responsibility for their own actions. The rules never would have changed without former players suing the league.
I'm not so sure I totally agree with that part. The league long decided that it wanted more scoring for excitement. To do that they had to start handcuffing the defense, starting with the 5 yard rule for DB's. Those law suites have now overtaken the leagues desire to see more offense and the rules reflect that. I do think former players need to really get a hold of themselves and take some responsibility in this whole thing. I know of no sane person who thinks that two grown men going full speed at each other for two hours is a safe endeavor. Should the league do more? Absolutely!! The league collects billions in profits. I think the league needs to come up with some sort of medical fund geared specifically for players suffering from trauma post-career. After all, these owners are benefiting FAR more than the men who actually play for them. But changing the rules in an attempt to prevent the inevitable probability - injuries - isn't the way to go.

But make no mistake about it, this mess started before this concussion fear. The concussion talk has just provided them with the perfect cover to do what they've long wanted to do, and that's draw the rules to give the offense a competitive advantage in order to get more points scored. Teams with offenses like ATL, NE, Benver, Detroit, etc - teams with high powered offenses - tailor their offenses around these rules. The offensive numbers we're seeing today are ridiculous (see Payton Manning). If defenses were allowed to play offenses straight-up these scores and stats would be much more realistic.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by GoNiners:

I hope eventually they'll be able to review these kind of hits. Clearly that was not helmet to helmet and was a good hard hit.

I agreed it. That is clear when didnt hit to helmet to helmet. It is soo beautiful a hit hard as beast defense. It all bs foul..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]
Yes I agree the NFL is slowly dying.... I swear we will see a play like this happen in the playoffs/super bowl and cost a team a game... that will be the official undoing.

The game is changing so much. Sucks cause I coach HS football and I don't even want my son to play the damn sport. This game is changing all around
Forget who but some nfl guy tweeted the other day that the competition committee will discuss allowing these calls to be challenged next season. That would be a big help
So the defensive player has to let the offensive player catch ball then tackle him?
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Yes I agree the NFL is slowly dying.... I swear we will see a play like this happen in the playoffs/super bowl and cost a team a game... that will be the official undoing.

The game is changing so much. Sucks cause I coach HS football and I don't even want my son to play the damn sport. This game is changing all around

So true.

TOO BAD

NFL was sued for $500 million.

They really can't afford any more of those type of lawsuits so this is the way of the NFL.

After they get sued for low hits, the impact zone will be in the midsection only.

BUT

Kaep did get a helmet to helmet that wasn't called and I was going all Harbros.

THAT was b.s.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
So the defensive player has to let the offensive player catch ball then tackle him?

no lol

it was the perfect timing of the hit that made it look so violent

Jackson is trying to catch it and turn at the same time and Hitner catches him off balance with one foot on the ground
I don't think at full speed any ref saw exactly what happened and just figured he hit him in the head

Perfect timing and placement any higher it's the head any lower he blows out his knee cap which I'm sure Jackson is thankful for
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/26/different-hit-same-result-whitner-not-fined-for-shot-on-jackson/

not fined lolz
not fined but penalized and potentially cost us the game. goodell is a piece of s**t. the refs already burned us against the saints and they almost did it again against these douchebags
Originally posted by sfout:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/12/26/different-hit-same-result-whitner-not-fined-for-shot-on-jackson/

not fined lolz

The hit will get flagged but players will jeep doing it
Share 49ersWebzone