There are 171 users in the forums

WHY NO FLAG I was so pissed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Throwing out quarterbacks with less than eight starts, Kap is number four in the league in QBR. Behind Manning, Rivers and Foles.
7 out of 15 games, with a quarterback rating over 100. Since Crabtree came back, 4 out of 5 games with a quarterback rating over 100. We are now sitting at 11-4 with a chance for a better record than last season, all while missing our top weapons for most of the season.

The down year myth, has been shot down.
*Whoops, posted in wrong thread*

I think Kap has played well lately. He will run much more when it counts.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is a perfect example of what Colin needs to stop doing. Running around in a circle and turning his entire back on the field of play. He seems to like this technique quite a lot more than other QB's I see. Find your check down man, throw it away, go to a 2nd or 3rd read (not just 1 read), or throw it away. Spinning like a top backwards with your back to the field won't accomplish much.

And it will get you punched in the mouth sometimes just like this play.
Give it a rest SD. Your whining is really, really old at this point. He ran for 51 yards last night and threw for 197 on only 21 attempts (including a stumble and drop). He took a sack. The sky is falling. Just admit, for once, he is playing well and stop nit picking.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I remember that, should have been helmet to helmet.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is a perfect example of what Colin needs to stop doing. Running around in a circle and turning his entire back on the field of play. He seems to like this technique quite a lot more than other QB's I see. Find your check down man, throw it away, go to a 2nd or 3rd read (not just 1 read), or throw it away. Spinning like a top backwards with your back to the field won't accomplish much.

And it will get you punched in the mouth sometimes just like this play.
Give it a rest SD. Your whining is really, really old at this point. He ran for 51 yards last night and threw for 197 on only 21 attempts (including a stumble and drop). He took a sack. The sky is falling. Just admit, for once, he is playing well and stop nit picking.
Ain't that the truth. Besides, you can't have it both ways. With that same exact move he's extended a lot of plays on crucial downs. I'll take the very very slight chance at getting sacked in exchange for not getting sacked on many other plays.
The refs are so inconsistent with this. I've seen pats to the head get called as roughing the Passer. This was full on crown of the helmet to the face mask to a qb in the pocket and it wasn't flagged. Be f**king consistent.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The hits happen so fast, these old timer refs can't diserne the difference.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Are you still pissed?

Yes, I'm not a big fan of these type rules, but I do get it. I remember losing Young to concussions and prefer Kap has a longer NFL life cycle than Vick.
Yeah somehow that helmet to helmet hit on a quarterback behind the line of scrimmage who is still in the pocket and can throw the ball isn't a penalty.... But Brooks hitting Brees high in the chest is and Donte Whitner smacking the s**t out of Steven Jacksons chest with his shoulder is also a penalty.

These stupid ass penalties need to seriously be able to be reviewed.
Yes they do. It's unreasonable when offensive players adjust their bodies at real speed to think defenders can change that fast. What needs review is the intent of the defender. Did he lead with the crown? Did he hit body first?
Are you serious?? I still feel bad on the holding call on Boldin that was in our favor lolz.

• kray28
  • Veteran
That was a vicious helmet to helmet hit and Kap was planted into the turf. Doesn't matter if he was a runner....that hit get penalized in the open field too. Look a Whitner's (non-helmet to helmet) hit.

If that was Brady/Brees/Manning (BBM)....the flags would have rained down like holy crap from the heaven that is Goodell's ass. There would be fines and possible suspensions.

Instead, you got nothing.

Also...great block by Staley there.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
BTW, anyone here ever absorbed a facemask to facemask hit?

Let me describe what it feels like:

1. Your neck absorbs a good amount of the force and you usually have pain in your neck muscles.
2. You get this odd taste in your mouth and your sinuses feel like they've been forcibly drained down your throat.
3. You see stars if you look for them closely enough....the kind you see after you have a hard sneeze.
Jonathan Goodwin has been getting WHIPPED this season, he better be gone, and better yet he should be replaced by Kilgore or Looney now. it would be an instant upgrade.
Originally posted by kray28:
BTW, anyone here ever absorbed a facemask to facemask hit?

Let me describe what it feels like:

1. Your neck absorbs a good amount of the force and you usually have pain in your neck muscles.
2. You get this odd taste in your mouth and your sinuses feel like they've been forcibly drained down your throat.
3. You see stars if you look for them closely enough....the kind you see after you have a hard sneeze.

Yup I don't remember because I got knocked out.
I actually am fine with that not being called because what else could the defender do? Kaepernick pretty much runs into him. I agree that they need to be consistent with these penalties, but if the tables were turned and it was Aldon drilling Matt Ryan like that we would think it was amazing. Then again he'd probably get ejected or something because the officials can't seem to get any calls right anymore.
[ Edited by trogdor on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone