There are 262 users in the forums

WHY NO FLAG I was so pissed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

None of the commentators even said anything about this hit. It was obviously helmet to helmet. He was in the pocket scrambling. If this was Manning he would be getting a letter in the mail. Against Colin it's well he might of ran so....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Need4Speed:

None of the commentators even said anything about this hit. It was obviously helmet to helmet. He was in the pocket scrambling. If this was Manning he would be getting a letter in the mail. Against Colin it's well he might of ran so....
technically he was a runner at that point.
The refs would just say he became a runner at that point cuz they're full of s**t.
I was screaming at my TV after this. Could not believe they didn't call helmet-to-helmet contact.

Brees, Brady, Manning...hell....even Tony f**king Romo gets that call 100% of the time, plus the guilty defender would have been hanged, drawn and quartered.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM ]

yeah..that''s more of a helmet to helmet than the Ahmad Brooks hit on Brees.

Face it, the league does not like Kap. I dont think the league (dilfer, gruden, young, mayock included) want Kap to win the Superbowl. Its bad image for the league to have a tattoo-ed, hip hop listening, skinny jeans wearing goatee sporting non blonde hair and blue eye guy to be holding up the lombardi trophy.
to me, it's not a penalty. If these refs are going to treat these QB's as p***y ass men, then yea its a penalty.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
to me, it's not a penalty. If these refs are going to treat these QB's as p***y ass men, then yea its a penalty.

Yeah makes sense every other team gets this call but we play by the no p***y ass men rules. I'm not a fan of the rule changes either if I'm being honest, but that has nothing to do with it.
[ Edited by Need4Speed on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:43 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I'm not sure that's true. I've heard it explained but from what I could tell if he is doing a run action then he is considered a runner if he is scrambling in a pass play he is like every other QB in the pocket.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Avoiding a sack in the pocket doesnt make you a runner. He got smashed. If that was Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, etc, every single official wouldve thrown their flag. No question. The NFL rules are BS.

I dont mind that hit being legal, and neither would Kap, but if youre going to screw us out of that Saints win, you have to be consistent with it.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I was yelling the same thing... But we benefited from a false PI minutes earlier so I call it even.

This is a perfect example of what Colin needs to stop doing. Running around in a circle and turning his entire back on the field of play. He seems to like this technique quite a lot more than other QB's I see. Find your check down man, throw it away, go to a 2nd or 3rd read (not just 1 read), or throw it away. Spinning like a top backwards with your back to the field won't accomplish much.

And it will get you punched in the mouth sometimes just like this play.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This is a perfect example of what Colin needs to stop doing. Running around in a circle and turning his entire back on the field of play. He seems to like this technique quite a lot more than other QB's I see. Find your check down man, throw it away, go to a 2nd or 3rd read (not just 1 read), or throw it away. Spinning like a top backwards with your back to the field won't accomplish much.

Kap is still young, but hes already SO far ahead of a normal young QB. He definitely has things to iron out, but the important thing is none of his flaws are uncorrectable. Its just things he will get better at with more experience.

His most noticeable flaw, IMO, is his habit of rolling out left and trying to throw across his body to the right side of the field. I know hes got the arm to pull it off, but he looks so off balanced. Roll right. You get a better view of the field. Also, he needs to commit to whatever hes going to do earlier. Hes got this habit of hesitating between running and throwing, and by the time he decides, its just a weak 1 yard run out of bounds.

I feel like half the time he rolls out and doesnt find his 1st read, he has a clear running lane for at least a 1st down, but he doesnt take it soon enough.

Its all part of the development though. Being able to contend for titles while your QB learns the ropes is a rarity, so its hard to be too critical.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 24, 2013 at 2:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Kap is still young, but hes already SO far ahead of a normal young QB. He definitely has things to iron out, but the important thing is none of his flaws are uncorrectable. Its just things he will get better at with more experience.

His most noticeable flaw, IMO, is his habit of rolling out left and trying to throw across his body to the right side of the field. I know hes got the arm to pull it off, but he looks so off balanced. Roll right. You get a better view of the field. Also, he needs to commit to whatever hes going to do earlier. Hes got this habit of hesitating between running and throwing, and by the time he decides, its just a weak 1 yard run out of bounds.

I feel like half the time he rolls out and doesnt find his 1st read, he has a clear running lane for at least a 1st down, but he doesnt take it soon enough.

Its all part of the development though. Being able to contend for titles while your QB learns the ropes is a rarity, so its hard to be too critical.

Yeah I know he is young and I hope some things with him get corrected. I just hope we don't see that spinning around backwards with your back facing the field thing in 2014. We have seen it plenty of times this year. That's for sure.
Are you still pissed?
Throwing out quarterbacks with less than eight starts, Kap is number four in the league in QBR. Behind Manning, Rivers and Foles.
7 out of 15 games, with a quarterback rating over 100. Since Crabtree came back, 4 out of 5 games with a quarterback rating over 100. We are now sitting at 11-4 with a chance for a better record than last season, all while missing our top weapons for most of the season.

The down year myth, has been shot down.
*Whoops, posted in wrong thread*
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone