There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which 49ers player(s) have disappointed you / let you down the most?

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,899
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Kaepernick

222/382 - 58.1%
2887 Yards
19 TD's
8 INT's
QB RAT - 89.9

500 Rushing yards, 4 Rushing TD's

I was hoping Kape would reach "elite" status this year. I have to admit that I bought into the hype. I should have had a more realistic view of a young player who is still learning the nuances of being a pro in just his 3rd season (2nd as a starter).
if you remove roman from the mix,, ck is fine and if you are into numbers, those are good numbers for a guy in his first full year in the nfl with lots of teams focusing in on him as they would not vs alot of other quarterbacks. it is also about what he is doing right now, at crunch time when every game is a must win for us. he is not pissing games down his leg when we simply HAD to win these games to get in the playoffs
NOOBODY!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Kaepernick

222/382 - 58.1%
2887 Yards
19 TD's
8 INT's
QB RAT - 89.9

500 Rushing yards, 4 Rushing TD's

I was hoping Kape would reach "elite" status this year. I have to admit that I bought into the hype. I should have had a more realistic view of a young player who is still learning the nuances of being a pro in just his 3rd season (2nd as a starter).
if you remove roman from the mix,, ck is fine and if you are into numbers, those are good numbers for a guy in his first full year in the nfl with lots of teams focusing in on him as they would not vs alot of other quarterbacks. it is also about what he is doing right now, at crunch time when every game is a must win for us. he is not pissing games down his leg when we simply HAD to win these games to get in the playoffs

and also doc_brown, who do you consider "Elite" and what are their stats this season (not counting Manning )

then take into consideration their passing attempts stat.... in comparison to Kaep.

I think some forget that when our team gets into a double digit lead, we kind of just shut it down.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,899
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Kaepernick

222/382 - 58.1%
2887 Yards
19 TD's
8 INT's
QB RAT - 89.9

500 Rushing yards, 4 Rushing TD's

I was hoping Kape would reach "elite" status this year. I have to admit that I bought into the hype. I should have had a more realistic view of a young player who is still learning the nuances of being a pro in just his 3rd season (2nd as a starter).
if you remove roman from the mix,, ck is fine and if you are into numbers, those are good numbers for a guy in his first full year in the nfl with lots of teams focusing in on him as they would not vs alot of other quarterbacks. it is also about what he is doing right now, at crunch time when every game is a must win for us. he is not pissing games down his leg when we simply HAD to win these games to get in the playoffs

and also doc_brown, who do you consider "Elite" and what are their stats this season (not counting Manning )

then take into consideration their passing attempts stat.... in comparison to Kaep.

I think some forget that when our team gets into a double digit lead, we kind of just shut it down.
am just so tired of basing a quarterbacks entire body or work and what he does for the team on"stats', if that is what we did, elvis grbac would be in the kansas city hall of fame, so would jeff george for oakland or whoever the hell he played for
I guess you could say Kyle Williams. We needed more production and he didn't step up. It cost him his job.
Manningham
Greg Roman - passing game scheme so lacking

Vance McDonald - thought he would be the type of TE security blanket CK could use to move the chains; but his hands have been lacking, and of course Roman uses him on deep routes as if he is VD!! Argghhhh, Roman. (Sounds like Newman in Seinfeld!)
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Kaepernick

222/382 - 58.1%
2887 Yards
19 TD's
8 INT's
QB RAT - 89.9

500 Rushing yards, 4 Rushing TD's

I was hoping Kape would reach "elite" status this year. I have to admit that I bought into the hype. I should have had a more realistic view of a young player who is still learning the nuances of being a pro in just his 3rd season (2nd as a starter).

I see NOTHING wrong with those stats.
14 out of 25 possible players either made it or are an alternate to the probowl. Only if everybody made it to the pro bowl, we would not be disappointed.
Manningham, and maybe Kaepernick, though I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be.
I don't understand being disappointed in Manningham. I do understand being disappointed in Kyle Williams. But the receiver I was most disappointed in was Marlon Moore. I don't get what happened with him at all.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I don't understand being disappointed in Manningham. I do understand being disappointed in Kyle Williams. But the receiver I was most disappointed in was Marlon Moore. I don't get what happened with him at all.

the disappointment with manningham stems from several fans being unrealistic about his return and/or production. also guys like peterson and griffin playing in week 1 after late season acl tears also factored in. reality was if and when he returned it would be a season long process of growing pains. wherever he is next season i expect him to be a lot better.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I don't understand being disappointed in Manningham. I do understand being disappointed in Kyle Williams. But the receiver I was most disappointed in was Marlon Moore. I don't get what happened with him at all.

I think the main reason people are disappointed in Manningham is because he was such a huge factor in the Giants winning a Super Bowl, so people expected him to do the same for us. Needless to say, that's a pretty high standard.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I see NOTHING wrong with those stats.

Yeah, the stats are solid enough. The thing I think that makes people halt over is... they don't want to be hearing just yet the word SUPERSTAR linked to Kaep. Not yet. Will he one day be? Probably.. but not yet... and the commercials and hype is just not matching up right now.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by pelos21:
I see NOTHING wrong with those stats.

Yeah, the stats are solid enough. The thing I think that makes people halt over is... they don't want to be hearing just yet the word SUPERSTAR linked to Kaep. Not yet. Will he one day be? Probably.. but not yet... and the commercials and hype is just not matching up right now.

Kaps a SUPERSTAR.
...