There are 202 users in the forums

Which 49ers player(s) have disappointed you / let you down the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by English:
Asomugha. Had high expectations for him this season.

Big time here.

Cost us a good corner who went and started for KC Cooper.
Coaching has, by far, been the biggest disappointment this year for me. I thought they'd take a dynamic jump offensively and utilize all of the weapons and depth we had. Aside from a few snaps for Lemonier and a few low-% passes to McDonald nobody (save for reid) has developed at all and many have fallen backwards in their development (CK, Hunter, James, Brown, Iuptai, any WR note named Boldin, etc.). In fact, has anyone improved over last year? Maybe Brooks, Dorsey, Bowman and Brock? I still see the exact same issues as last year related to coaching. Supreme (starting) talent seems to be keeping us very competitive.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
our rookie tight end. i do not count guys coming back from injury as being disappointing . i had high hopes for mcdonald but every time i look he is not making makeable plays
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Greg Roman.

this

i am not disappointed in him. i expected him to suck just like he did last year. so i guess you can say i am not surprised by the dips**t stuff he has pulled off this year which caused us to lose two games and , had it not been for gore and ck changing plays and bowman,,,, he would have caused us to lose the monday game which would have been tragic
Mario Manningham. He could have round out a very good receiving group. But can't get over the injuries.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Mario Manningham. He could have round out a very good receiving group. But can't get over the injuries.

i am not harsh on him,, he had a pretty severe knee injury and sounds like it is just lingering. give him another off season and let him compete for a spot next year. after all its not like we have a wealth of talent behind him
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Such a positive, heart-warming thread.

Yep, the day after we win in incredible fashion and clinch a playoff spot no less.

This forum is full of a bunch of spoiled, chicken-little whiners.

Meanwhile, you're whining about this discussion. Ironic.

Some of you people seem to think our discussions on the Internet have some sort of impact on the team. We can trash talk every player on the team and it will make no difference whatsoever. None. Not a shred.

Every single team has disappointments. Refusing to acknowledge them will not help the team in any way.

No, it's just annoying when pseudo-fans trash their own players.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's human nature to dwell on the negative, we had negative results for a decade but still kept positive with our devotion to the team.

Just look at the nightly news, its pure negativity.

On that note, we are 11-4 and had a season full of injuries and issues. Its amazing we are where we are with our difficult schedule.

We need to be thankful.
Not sure why anybody had big hopes for Nnamdi. He stunk for the Eagles Samething for Baldwin. He was traded for AJ Jenkins for a reason. I expected some more production from this rookie class.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Such a positive, heart-warming thread.

Yep, the day after we win in incredible fashion and clinch a playoff spot no less.

This forum is full of a bunch of spoiled, chicken-little whiners.

Meanwhile, you're whining about this discussion. Ironic.

Some of you people seem to think our discussions on the Internet have some sort of impact on the team. We can trash talk every player on the team and it will make no difference whatsoever. None. Not a shred.

Every single team has disappointments. Refusing to acknowledge them will not help the team in any way.

No, it's just annoying when pseudo-fans trash their own players.
the poster did not make the post to be malicious. i am also tired of homers who think the smallest bit of critical comments directed at a coach or player is against the law around here. and i am tired of good fans being called"non fans or pseudo fans" just because we happen to disagree with a coach or are disappointed in a certain player

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure why anybody had big hopes for Nnamdi. He stunk for the Eagles Samething for Baldwin. He was traded for AJ Jenkins for a reason. I expected some more production from this rookie class.
i had high hopes for jon b. i figured no one could be worse or contribute as little as jenkins did. maybe there is something behind the scenes we do not know but the lack of time for baldwin is pretty stunning to me. the hate roman side of me wants to say its because roman has no clue what to do with any of our wide outs but i do not think that is the answer
all of them. we should be 15-0 at this point. and have won every game 28-0 minimum....... and zero first downs allowed.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM ]
Kaepernick

222/382 - 58.1%
2887 Yards
19 TD's
8 INT's
QB RAT - 89.9

500 Rushing yards, 4 Rushing TD's

I was hoping Kape would reach "elite" status this year. I have to admit that I bought into the hype. I should have had a more realistic view of a young player who is still learning the nuances of being a pro in just his 3rd season (2nd as a starter).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
all of them. we should be 15-0 at this point. and have won every game 28-0 minimum....... and zero first downs allowed.
the games we were up 28-0 were the games where the coaches opted to go soft and let the other teams back in, making for a much tougher game than it should have been,,, can not imagine anyone is or was happy with that,, despite the winning outcome in those games
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the games we were up 28-0 were the games where the coaches opted to go soft and let the other teams back in, making for a much tougher game than it should have been,,, can not imagine anyone is or was happy with that,, despite the winning outcome in those games

Share 49ersWebzone