There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"The Snatch"

Originally posted by kingairta:
Sorry play warrants a headline but not an imortalizing title like "the catch ". Nothing more then a great play. Not a dynasty launching play or the play that ensured number six.
People forget why that "the catch" was immortalized. Time after time Dallas beat out SF and coming off a horrible decade of play that play is what launched the team to greatness.

Past two seasons have been great and the team was yards short of the who kit and caboodle. This year only one win was needed to get to the post season. Aether last night or next week.

I'm sick and tired of every year a play has to have a name crap.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I like The Pick at the Stick. Describes the play perfectly and an ode to the stadium.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Sorry play warrants a headline but not an imortalizing title like "the catch ". Nothing more then a great play. Not a dynasty launching play or the play that ensured number six.
People forget why that "the catch" was immortalized. Time after time Dallas beat out SF and coming off a horrible decade of play that play is what launched the team to greatness.

Past two seasons have been great and the team was yards short of the who kit and caboodle. This year only one win was needed to get to the post season. Aether last night or next week.

I'm sick and tired of every year a play has to have a name crap.

I understand where you're coming from. Within a fan bases, names are not necessary because the fans will remember the games. However naming games serves as a way for fans outside of a fan base to remember a game. The Immaculate Reception didn't lead directly to a Super Bowl (the Steelers didn't win for another two years). The Drive, The Fumble, and The Sea of Hands were great playoff games. I think The Holy Roller was just a great regular season game. But they stand out and have been immortalized due in part to the naming. It's great that the closeout game at the 'Stick can possibly be remembered forever because of the great play, but also through naming the game.

Bah humbug to you as well.
"The Pick at the Stick"

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
"The Pick at the Stick"

That's like calling the Catch 1 2 and 3 "At the stick".


Keep it simple like the others. The PICK
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I like The Pick at the Stick. Describes the play perfectly and an ode to the stadium.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Sorry play warrants a headline but not an imortalizing title like "the catch ". Nothing more then a great play. Not a dynasty launching play or the play that ensured number six.
People forget why that "the catch" was immortalized. Time after time Dallas beat out SF and coming off a horrible decade of play that play is what launched the team to greatness.

Past two seasons have been great and the team was yards short of the who kit and caboodle. This year only one win was needed to get to the post season. Aether last night or next week.

I'm sick and tired of every year a play has to have a name crap.

I understand where you're coming from. Within a fan bases, names are not necessary because the fans will remember the games. However naming games serves as a way for fans outside of a fan base to remember a game. The Immaculate Reception didn't lead directly to a Super Bowl (the Steelers didn't win for another two years). The Drive, The Fumble, and The Sea of Hands were great playoff games. I think The Holy Roller was just a great regular season game. But they stand out and have been immortalized due in part to the naming. It's great that the closeout game at the 'Stick can possibly be remembered forever because of the great play, but also through naming the game.

Bah humbug to you as well.



Lmao what a grouch

Last football game at Candlestick (potentially, of course) is just as big as any playoff game the 49ers will play this season, IMHO

For the team to send that stadium out the way they did last night still gives me chills.

As for people worrying about the quality of play vs Atlanta, try to remember that's still an incredibly talented team, who was out for vengeance after we ripped the Super Bowl out of their hands in their own house last year. Records be dammed, they picked one game this season mattered, threw everything they had into it, and we still beat them at their most desperate, motivated best.

Last night was a quality win. The kind of win championship teams make down the stretch when it's easy to let your guard down.

And what a way to send out Candlestick!! And Bowman, of all people, after what happened in the Georgia Dome lol! It was perfect!
240p lol
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
"The Pick at the Stick"
That was the first thing that popped into my head... good call!
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
"The Pick at the Stick"

That's like calling the Catch 1 2 and 3 "At the stick".


Keep it simple like the others. The PICK

Was there a problem with The Miracle at the Meadowlands? I think The Stick part is fitting since it was the last game.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I like The Pick at the Stick. Describes the play perfectly and an ode to the stadium.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Sorry play warrants a headline but not an imortalizing title like "the catch ". Nothing more then a great play. Not a dynasty launching play or the play that ensured number six.
People forget why that "the catch" was immortalized. Time after time Dallas beat out SF and coming off a horrible decade of play that play is what launched the team to greatness.

Past two seasons have been great and the team was yards short of the who kit and caboodle. This year only one win was needed to get to the post season. Aether last night or next week.

I'm sick and tired of every year a play has to have a name crap.

I understand where you're coming from. Within a fan bases, names are not necessary because the fans will remember the games. However naming games serves as a way for fans outside of a fan base to remember a game. The Immaculate Reception didn't lead directly to a Super Bowl (the Steelers didn't win for another two years). The Drive, The Fumble, and The Sea of Hands were great playoff games. I think The Holy Roller was just a great regular season game. But they stand out and have been immortalized due in part to the naming. It's great that the closeout game at the 'Stick can possibly be remembered forever because of the great play, but also through naming the game.

Bah humbug to you as well.



Lmao what a grouch

Last football game at Candlestick (potentially, of course) is just as big as any playoff game the 49ers will play this season, IMHO

For the team to send that stadium out the way they did last night still gives me chills.

As for people worrying about the quality of play vs Atlanta, try to remember that's still an incredibly talented team, who was out for vengeance after we ripped the Super Bowl out of their hands in their own house last year. Records be dammed, they picked one game this season mattered, threw everything they had into it, and we still beat them at their most desperate, motivated best.

Last night was a quality win. The kind of win championship teams make down the stretch when it's easy to let your guard down.

And what a way to send out Candlestick!! And Bowman, of all people, after what happened in the Georgia Dome lol! It was perfect!

All of this. A lot of coal in the stockings around here.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
"The Pick at the Stick"
That was the first thing that popped into my head... good call!

lots of others called it that. aka Taylor price
the pick in the stick is what is it known as.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
"The Snatch"
Wtf??

Well, it did get pretty Hairy there at the end of the game.....
Navorro Bowman deserves an NFL World Championship ring.
My vote is for "the immaculate redemption"