There are 225 users in the forums

Do we play hard or rest

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
If we win, no matter what, we'll be the #5 seed. That in it of itself is enough to play for.

If, say, we were a Wild Card team, and had to play against the Saints, Panthers, or Cardinals (I don't know off the top of my head who could be the other Wild Card team, so don't mind me)... I'd rather play in Candlestick.
Exactly!

Both NFC wildcard teams will be some of the very best teams in the NFL. A wildcard vs wildcard NFC championship game is totally possible. And if that happens, the 9ers want to host that game. No question.
Players get hurt when they lay up. Balls to the wall, eh.
How can you rest when seeding is on the line?
Play hard. Knock those punks out of the playoff picture.. The epic road trip starts now, not next week in the wildcard. Time to get on a roll.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Play hard. Knock those punks out of the playoff picture.. The epic road trip starts now, not next week in the wildcard. Time to get on a roll.

Also, it's important to knock out Arizona. I wouldn't want to lose to Arizona, give them confidence (what, that'd be 8 wins in their last 9 games or so?), and then potentially play them in the playoffs when they're red-hot? Naw. It's tough enough that the Seahawks, Panthers, and Saints are already tough teams... plus, the Eagles are another dark horse to watch out for.
Well the offense didn't come to play in first half and the defense didn't come to play in second half until that last play tonight. We need to make some defensive adjustments next week before the playoffs. The pass rush was non-existent tonight.
you play hard--try and get the win. It is a good exam before the playoffs. The Rams are playing well to end the season also and they play Seattle tough. You just never know.
seriously?
[ Edited by JoeMontana on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM ]
Play hard. We don't want the 6th seed.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Well the offense didn't come to play in first half and the defense didn't come to play in second half until that last play tonight. We need to make some defensive adjustments next week before the playoffs. The pass rush was non-existent tonight.

gotta rush more than 3 or 4 people
just 1 more makes the difference the doubled aldon every single snap.

and can't let wr's have free releases while your pass rushers are getting double teams

that means no more 10 yard off coverage on a damn 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2.

press man give everyone a responsibility that's where this defense works best.

in zone they just pass people off and don't cover anything and the wr's just run to the open spot and kill them.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
We forfeit
Where the f**k is the pass rush

Might give Gore a few less carries but really other than that don't rest anybody. This team doesn't do so hot coming back from byes or when you rest them. Let them play through and hope they take momentum with them into the playoffs. Too many teams rest or back into the playoffs and it's just not the way to go anymore imo. Long ago it was but not with today's parity in the NFL. Any given game... back in the day was a few teams that were pretty much locks for deep playoff runs and they were head and shoulders above the rest (ie: sf, dallas, somewhat gb for many years). Now days there really isn't any one or two teams that are head and shoulders above the rest. Even the top dogs like Denver and Seattle are beatable and you could say easily (especially in Denver's case). I wouldn't compare these top teams now to the 90s 49ers and Cowboys by any means. Pretty much the only teams that could beat those teams were each other. Anyways, point being there is much more parity and the hot team (wildcard usually) have been making super bowl runs lately more so than the team who backs in/coasts in/rests/gets that bye and maybe isn't playing their best ball.
Share 49ersWebzone