There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FANGIO COMES THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH!

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We can't afford to have a crap first half on offense against Seattle or Philly and especially Denver.

We won't have to worry about Denver...they're not going to make it that far.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We can't afford to have a crap first half on offense against Seattle or Philly and especially Denver.

So true and this was hardly the first time that it appears that offense is sleepwalking in the first half.

Atlanta and Baltimore in the play offs last year are the two most egregious examples I can think of.
Originally posted by buck:
The comments in this thread are not limited to last night's game.

Enough of the comments were on the overall work of Fangio that I felt, and still feel, that my post does apply here.

But, hey that is just my point of view.

those making it into the overall are being dishonest as most are on here at times.

last night wasn't a good game for him. he didn't do his usual thing which is make adjustments and shut the other team down. he was stubborn and stayed in a scheme that didn't put the players in the best position to win.

and again i don't even think we need to blitz. i don't ever think we need to blitz. we need to play press man and redirect routes. brock and wright both ran sub 4.4 40's they can stay with whoever and play better in man to man.

brown plays good in spots like usual and rogers gets toasted in zone coverage and slot coverage.
Made this thread out of pure emotion guys so forgive me lol
Fangio $ucking sucks. End of story.
The fact is our inconsistent qb pressure is to blame for our sometimes spotty D. Vic needs to get more creative with generating pressure or we get picked apart. Shouldn't b too hard with our talent on DL..
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
Im tired of the complete stubbornness of this coaching staff. you can not get consistent pressure on the QB rushing just 4, especially in a 3-4, not in the modern NFL. In the NFCCG this dude waited until the game was on the line to A-gap blitz and SURPRISE SURPRISE, matt ryan fumbles the snap and we win. Tonight its the same story, we wait until the game is on the line to be aggresive. this staff never learns, THIS IS NOT f**kING STANFORD, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE 21ST CENTURY, ENOUGH WITH THE JUMBO HORSEs**t, JUMBO PLAY ACTION, INSIDE HANDOFFS TO WIDEOUTS, LINING FULLBACKS OUT WIDE

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESES DUDES?? we gashed the absolut s**t outta the atl d on the ground and yet we didnt commit to the run until the 4th?

Wow dude get back on ur meds
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/if_the_niners_want_to_make_it_back_to_the_super_bowl_they_are_going_to_need_to_rush_more_defenders/15387796

Interesting stat in bold

The 49ers defense has looked very solid in the past several weeks, and that has to do with the defensive play calling. Against the Falcons last night the Niners rushed five or more defenders on five of Matt Ryan's 49 dropbacks Monday night.
The 49ers rushed a game-high seven defenders on the pass that resulted in the game-sealing interception from Ryan. The 49ers bring added pressure on 18.5 percent of opponent dropbacks, the lowest rate in the league.
The 49ers had a 33.6% win probability before Ryan's pick-six, which brought the 49ers' win probability to 99.8%. The 66.2% swing was the biggest jump on a defensive play this season.
So if they want to get back to the Super Bowl, they are going to need to send more rushers. That calculated blitz last night, was huge, and was the ultimate game changer.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/if_the_niners_want_to_make_it_back_to_the_super_bowl_they_are_going_to_need_to_rush_more_defenders/15387796

Interesting stat in bold

The 49ers defense has looked very solid in the past several weeks, and that has to do with the defensive play calling. Against the Falcons last night the Niners rushed five or more defenders on five of Matt Ryan's 49 dropbacks Monday night.
The 49ers rushed a game-high seven defenders on the pass that resulted in the game-sealing interception from Ryan. The 49ers bring added pressure on 18.5 percent of opponent dropbacks, the lowest rate in the league.
The 49ers had a 33.6% win probability before Ryan's pick-six, which brought the 49ers' win probability to 99.8%. The 66.2% swing was the biggest jump on a defensive play this season.
So if they want to get back to the Super Bowl, they are going to need to send more rushers. That calculated blitz last night, was huge, and was the ultimate game changer.

It was a dumb decision to throw in that situation anyway. Atlanta should have run to force us to use a timeout. But I'll take it!
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/if_the_niners_want_to_make_it_back_to_the_super_bowl_they_are_going_to_need_to_rush_more_defenders/15387796

Interesting stat in bold

The 49ers defense has looked very solid in the past several weeks, and that has to do with the defensive play calling. Against the Falcons last night the Niners rushed five or more defenders on five of Matt Ryan's 49 dropbacks Monday night.
The 49ers rushed a game-high seven defenders on the pass that resulted in the game-sealing interception from Ryan. The 49ers bring added pressure on 18.5 percent of opponent dropbacks, the lowest rate in the league.
The 49ers had a 33.6% win probability before Ryan's pick-six, which brought the 49ers' win probability to 99.8%. The 66.2% swing was the biggest jump on a defensive play this season.
So if they want to get back to the Super Bowl, they are going to need to send more rushers. That calculated blitz last night, was huge, and was the ultimate game changer.

It was a dumb decision to throw in that situation anyway. Atlanta should have run to force us to use a timeout. But I'll take it!

You play to win on the road not tie especially when ur 4-10
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
Im tired of the complete stubbornness of this coaching staff. you can not get consistent pressure on the QB rushing just 4, especially in a 3-4, not in the modern NFL. In the NFCCG this dude waited until the game was on the line to A-gap blitz and SURPRISE SURPRISE, matt ryan fumbles the snap and we win. Tonight its the same story, we wait until the game is on the line to be aggresive. this staff never learns, THIS IS NOT f**kING STANFORD, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE 21ST CENTURY, ENOUGH WITH THE JUMBO HORSEs**t, JUMBO PLAY ACTION, INSIDE HANDOFFS TO WIDEOUTS, LINING FULLBACKS OUT WIDE

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESES DUDES?? we gashed the absolut s**t outta the atl d on the ground and yet we didnt commit to the run until the 4th?

Wow dude get back on ur meds


I totally agree with Ninerhippy, so get me some of those meds too.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
Im tired of the complete stubbornness of this coaching staff. you can not get consistent pressure on the QB rushing just 4, especially in a 3-4, not in the modern NFL. In the NFCCG this dude waited until the game was on the line to A-gap blitz and SURPRISE SURPRISE, matt ryan fumbles the snap and we win. Tonight its the same story, we wait until the game is on the line to be aggresive. this staff never learns, THIS IS NOT f**kING STANFORD, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE 21ST CENTURY, ENOUGH WITH THE JUMBO HORSEs**t, JUMBO PLAY ACTION, INSIDE HANDOFFS TO WIDEOUTS, LINING FULLBACKS OUT WIDE

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESES DUDES?? we gashed the absolut s**t outta the atl d on the ground and yet we didnt commit to the run until the 4th?

Wow dude get back on ur meds


I totally agree with Ninerhippy, so get me some of those meds too.

Haldol. A little vitamin H.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/if_the_niners_want_to_make_it_back_to_the_super_bowl_they_are_going_to_need_to_rush_more_defenders/15387796

Interesting stat in bold

The 49ers defense has looked very solid in the past several weeks, and that has to do with the defensive play calling. Against the Falcons last night the Niners rushed five or more defenders on five of Matt Ryan's 49 dropbacks Monday night.
The 49ers rushed a game-high seven defenders on the pass that resulted in the game-sealing interception from Ryan. The 49ers bring added pressure on 18.5 percent of opponent dropbacks, the lowest rate in the league.
The 49ers had a 33.6% win probability before Ryan's pick-six, which brought the 49ers' win probability to 99.8%. The 66.2% swing was the biggest jump on a defensive play this season.
So if they want to get back to the Super Bowl, they are going to need to send more rushers. That calculated blitz last night, was huge, and was the ultimate game changer.

It was a dumb decision to throw in that situation anyway. Atlanta should have run to force us to use a timeout. But I'll take it!

but why would they change who they are? they throw it 68% of the time on the season
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
After the onside kick, I told my kids to cancel Christmas...LOL..

Too funny