LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Which would be worse:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which would be worse:

• thl408
I voted wrong. Don't wanna lose another SB.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Haha, this is a great question. Since we've already gotten the "never lost in a superbowl" thing out of the way, I'd prefer beating the hawks and losing in the big game again. We could say we're back to back NFC champions... that's pretty legit and we'd be able to rub in the win to hawks fans for a year.

No. no more superbowl losses, my heart cant take it

^^This

That was a dark time for me, I contemplated withdrawing from watching pro sports; that feeling sucks and I never want to experience it again.
What kinda fkd up thread is this
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What kinda fkd up thread is this

lol the best kind. makes you confront the worst.
id rather lose to anyone than the seahawks...
id rather lose anything but the SB
(eaten by a shark or flayed alive...?)

i gotta say the losing the SB people are swaying me. that sucked worse than anything that has ever sucked before
We should just mail it in that way we don't suffer a painful playoff loss again. If you want to win the Bowl you have to accept a loss can happen.

It sucks being the Bills or Eagles but that's a possibility you have to accept if you want to be champ.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I'd rather make it to the SB & lose than to not make it at all.

And nothing is worse than losing to the Cheaphawks.

Why do people say this? Losing the Super Bowl is heartbreaking. MUCH more than losing the title game. The 2 weeks of pacing and worrying leading up, and then to get so close and walk off the field with the other teams confetti falling on you? I would rather miss the playoffs than lose another SB. Both results make you a loser, so its better not to go through the heartbreak.

I don't understand what YOU say more. They are equally heartbreaking, since you lost either way. Yet, if you make it to the SB it means you won one more than losing in the NFCC. And if the 2 weeks leading up to the SB are 'pacing and worrying', then you aren't a football fan. I was jacked up and excited last year, and nobody could take that excitement away
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I'd rather make it to the SB & lose than to not make it at all.

And nothing is worse than losing to the Cheaphawks.

Why do people say this? Losing the Super Bowl is heartbreaking. MUCH more than losing the title game. The 2 weeks of pacing and worrying leading up, and then to get so close and walk off the field with the other teams confetti falling on you? I would rather miss the playoffs than lose another SB. Both results make you a loser, so its better not to go through the heartbreak.

I don't understand what YOU say more. They are equally heartbreaking, since you lost either way. Yet, if you make it to the SB it means you won one more than losing in the NFCC. And if the 2 weeks leading up to the SB are 'pacing and worrying', then you aren't a football fan. I was jacked up and excited last year, and nobody could take that excitement away

So youre saying only people with blind optimism are real football fans? I would say youre a good person to bet with more than anything. I understood the 49ers strengths and weaknesses well enough to know that a team built like the Ravens was going to give us problems. We almost pulled it out, but obviously the nervous pacing was warranted.

Losing the SB sucks hard. Its having the trophy right in front of you, only to let it slip away. If youre going to walk away from the season a loser, lose the round before. You think the Eagles fans had it just as hard losing 4 straight title games in a row as the Bills fans did, losing 4 Super Bowls in a row?

If you were told you were a top 10 finalist to win a million dollars, and your name didnt get picked, you would feel the same as if you were a top 2 finalist? I highly doubt that.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM ]
doesn't matter...either way, Harbaugh is going to Texas

I don't like this thread.
Originally posted by swayze:
doesn't matter...either way, Harbaugh is going to Texas

lol can you imagine him actually taking that job?

Hed have to call a meeting with his coaching staff and say "Hey guys, so ive decided to move out to Texas to coach a team I have no ties with. You can either move your families half way across the country and take a step down out of the NFL, or you can look for jobs elsewhere. Texas offered a couple mil more per season than the 49ers did, so it seemed like a good idea."

Yeah...not happening. NFL job with the team he has big ties with, highest level of competition in the same league he played in, and his brother coaches in, almost equal salary, established in a winning organization moving into a brand new stadium, etc.

Texas would have to offer double what the 49ers do. If he wanted a high profile college job, he wouldve picked Michigan in the first place. /drama

Originally posted by tjd808185:
We should just mail it in that way we don't suffer a painful playoff loss again. If you want to win the Bowl you have to accept a loss can happen.

It sucks being the Bills or Eagles but that's a possibility you have to accept if you want to be champ.

I agree with this. Either loss hurts... but get as far as you can... and take some measure of pride that at least you got as far as you did and went out swinging hard.
I'd choose losing the Super Bowl if we didn't already lose last year. Losing to Seattle always sucks but losing the Super Bowl twice in a row is simply unacceptable.
Losing your team to Oklahoma City

/thread
  • buck
  • Veteran
The more games we win the better--every year, all year.
There's worse and then there's worse. The worst was when Nolan (jerk, bad head coach) and Singletary (good guy, terrible head coach) were the head coaches. Compared to that, nothing is worse.
Share 49ersWebzone