LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

One simple thing that has to be fixed before the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Clock management hurts no doubt. But a blown play or a turn over in games against the Seahawks kills. We can't can't lose on stupid challenges and miss real ones. Jim has been misinformed so many times.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's like their guessing, pisses me off.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Read an article the other day that said Mangini is one of the guys in charge of this. Paarage (spelling?) should be the guy again he was good in that capacity. I feel like every team should hire an ex-NFL ref or someone with experience at the college level to do nothing but study and become an expert at the rules & on game days sit quietly in a room by himself with a bunch of TVs to watch all angles of plays so he's ready to give the best advice when called upon.

This would be a very smart move. I seriously believe we have to be in the bottom 5 when it comes to challenges.
JH would be much better served just keeping it in his pants. We'd be way ahead. I think I last read 2 of 9 or something ridiculous like that. Wow!
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Harbaugh has to get better people to tell him about challenges. He challenges the worst plays. This will kill us in the playoffs.

They really aren't that bad.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the challenges are bad, the play clock issues are bad but they were last year and i have no hope they will be fixed here in the latter stages of this year. and for gods sake, stop with the damn penalities
Sometimes Jim throws the flag when he wants an extra long TO. You gotta understand that.
Harbaugh gets a F- for challenges and clock management. Its annoying watching basic fundamentals ignored.
Reign, you are correct, I have seen one for sure and perhaps a second. Point is , how hard can it be to get someone with a good pair of eyes and knowledge of the game up in the challenge box to give JH some help. Right now those guys or guy, whoever it is , are abysmal failures. And it isn't C.S. either. Not having any T.O.s late in game when we are in the wrong end of the field and need 3 more points, it makes one helluva difference. Also, knowing when something is critical and something is chicken schidt is of importance also. I swear Jim thru a flag on placement of a ball spot whether it was 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 6. That is just idiotic. He's smarter than that. Get somebody decent up there...it is just one more tiny way it can give us an advantage. Right now it is a disadvantage.
IMO, it's Red Zone production.

We have to score TD's when we get in the Red Zone.

Losing to Saints & Panthers are perfect examples.

If we fix that we beat everybody including Seattle and Denver.

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Sometimes Jim throws the flag when he wants an extra long TO. You gotta understand that.

Maybe but some ate just straight bad. This will cost us in the future. There is no reason for a "long" break in the first half.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for BadgerHawk.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Harbaugh has to get better people to tell him about challenges. He challenges the worst plays. This will kill us in the playoffs.

The challenges are minor in comparison to CLOCK MANAGEMENT

We can't have every play go down to 00 for god's sake

My heart can't take it any more

Do the guys in the booth have access to TV replays?

The time management issues seems to become less an issue when they get into the rhythm of the game, but that is no excuse. No one else in the leave seems to have this chronic problem. I think there is too much pre-snap junk going on. I really wish I could hear the headset banter at a 49ers game. Being a coach I know what is talked about but I would like to hear who exactly has input during a game.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Read an article the other day that said Mangini is one of the guys in charge of this. Paarage (spelling?) should be the guy again he was good in that capacity. I feel like every team should hire an ex-NFL ref or someone with experience at the college level to do nothing but study and become an expert at the rules & on game days sit quietly in a room by himself with a bunch of TVs to watch all angles of plays so he's ready to give the best advice when called upon.

This would be a very smart move. I seriously believe we have to be in the bottom 5 when it comes to challenges.

TY, I just don't understand not making that investment, would probably cost less than an avg assistant coaches pay and could be well worth it.
Clock management way too many unnecessary timeouts and delay of game penalties
everything
Share 49ersWebzone