There are 232 users in the forums

Most painful memories/moments at the Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
F*ck Matt Bahr son.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
My very first game at the stick... I was sitting right where kyle williams fumbled away ghe superbowl....

You f**king jinx.

yeah f**k you its your fault now

DEAR MODS:

Please change Young2Rice's username to Fault4FumblingawaySB.

My apologies.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Carter '87
Craig '90
Kyle '11

I'm using the season not necessarily the year
+1
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if we lose tonight that would right up there with rogers fumble
In my opinion Candlestick has not been much of a home field advantage for the Niners. Conference championships won at home 4, on the road 2. Conference championships lost at home, 4: Giants 1990, Dallas 1992, Greenbay 1997, Giants 2011. Championships lost on the road (post-Brodie), 2: Washington 1983, Dallas 1993 (am I missing another one?). They are 4-4 at home and 2-2 on the road in conference championships. That's four bad memories for me--I hate you Giants, Cowboys, Packers and Giants again!!!
[ Edited by JoeisGod on Dec 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM ]
the matt ryan slaughter.
Everyone who is talking about the '97 Packers game, do you mean the '96 ('95 season) Packer game, when the Packers quickly went up 21-0 and coasted? Because that's way up there for me. I was just old enough to care. Williams' fumbles were pretty terrible as well.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
I haven't read any of the replies yet but this one always gets me. "Holding, #62, offense." 1992 NFC title game. Penalty resulted in a first drive Young to Rice TD strike being called back. The call was ticky tack and if it wasn't made the flood gates would have opened and we would be chasing ring 7 or 8 right now because of it. To this day that is the single most painful play, for me anyways, that the 49ers have been involved in.

Im glad you said that. Even Troy Aikman admits being in awe of the 49ers and didnt believe he would win the game until as time went on and they were still in it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
My most painful memory from the stick is when me and some of my friends (who just happen to be black) got jumped and our asses kicked when we were just trying to get some batting practice balls before a giants game. We were just kids and these a*****e grown men beat us like red headed stepkids.

LOL Holy cow I laughed my a$$ off.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Kyle Williams second fumble.

Rodger Craig's fumble.

Originally posted by ritchie:
F*ck Matt Bahr son.

yea wait who is he?
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by AlvinTostig:
A brawl against some black kids while trying to get homerun balls during batting practice. Damn, those guys were tough! We beat the crap out of them, but they gave as good as they got until we finally overwhelemed them with sheer numbers.

I thought dude was on timeout?
We're not the Cowboys, we're gonna close your stadium out with the class it was built upon (before it went down the s**tter).
Painful memory for one Brad Smith of the Jets when Favreeee was the QB. Willis knocked him into the next century. I remember they kept replaying it on the jumbotron, i even felt it from my nosebleed seats.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Painful memory for one Brad Smith of the Jets when Favreeee was the QB. Willis knocked him into the next century. I remember they kept replaying it on the jumbotron, i even felt it from my nosebleed seats.

Even our own fanbase went silent for him.
Share 49ersWebzone