LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Most painful memories/moments at the Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AlvinTostig:
A brawl against some black kids while trying to get homerun balls during batting practice. Damn, those guys were tough! We beat the crap out of them, but they gave as good as they got until we finally overwhelemed them with sheer numbers.

nice post for the first one.
Roger Craig's fumble

Kyle Williams Fumble

B.Y Breaking his leg

Adam Walker fumbling on the first play of the game vs the Packers in the playoffs in 96

Anthony Carter catching every goddamn pass thrown his way, and our magical season was for nothing after that humiliating loss
Originally posted by sacleads:
All the play off games and NFC Championship games that we lost over the years at Candlestick were all very painful. Those games made me hate the Cowboys, the Giants, the Packers. LMFAO, f**k the Seahawks and their fans to think they are rivals? . Until those fools rob us of Championship games, they aren't rivals.

i have to agree with your aside and say this is probably by far the biggest reason ive grown to hate the seahags. fukin noobs acting like they are so hot.

on topic, the thing that sticks out in my mind is watching the 97 packers game, and the game was going badly. it was all rainy and miserable and the TV panned up to an older fan couple in the stands, and they were wearing cheese graters on their heads. they looked like the saddest, soggiest b*****ds on the face of the earth. i remember thinking then: the empire is in decline. i remembered that image all through the bad years as the harbinger of doom
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Roger Craig's fumble

Kyle Williams Fumble

B.Y Breaking his leg

Adam Walker fumbling on the first play of the game vs the Packers in the playoffs in 96

Anthony Carter catching every goddamn pass thrown his way, and our magical season was for nothing after that humiliating loss

That one hurt! Cost Craig his career too.
Kyle Williams second fumble.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
nice post for the first one.

Lotta racial s**t went on in those days and we refused to be buffaloed off of our territory between the cyclone fence and the left field stands.

In our defense, I will say that the blacks initiated it. One of my friends had a ball and this big black dude popped him and took it away. That black fella was a balsey dude but he got his ass kicked horribly for it. Man, just thinking about how bad that dude got effed up gives me the chills now.
Lotta racial s**t went on in those days and we refused to be buffaloed off of our territory between the cyclone fence and the left field stands.

In our defense, I will say that the blacks initiated it. One of my friends had a ball and this big black dude popped him and took it away. That black fella was a balsey dude but he got his ass kicked horribly for it. Man, just thinking about how bad that dude got effed up gives me the chills now.

Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

My worst memory at the Stick.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol wtf?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
A brawl against some black kids while trying to get homerun balls during batting practice. Damn, those guys were tough! We beat the crap out of them, but they gave as good as they got until we finally overwhelemed them with sheer numbers.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

POTY. Just in time for the nominations
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

the mob mentality always works
KW fumble. The walk back to the car and the drive to the hotel was bad.

I didn't want to see anything football related till the draft.
Nfcc vs giants in 2011
Kyle Williams fumbles
Then we force a fumble against Bradshaw only to have the call go against us (forward progress stopped)
Same call that went against us in the Super Bowl with lemichael James fumble (which should of been called forward progress stopped)
My most painful memory from the stick is when me and some of my friends (who just happen to be black) got jumped and our asses kicked when we were just trying to get some batting practice balls before a giants game. We were just kids and these a*****e grown men beat us like red headed stepkids.
Share 49ersWebzone