There are 212 users in the forums

Most painful memories/moments at the Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For me the most recent was in 2010 "WE WANT CARR,WE WANT CARR, WE WANT CARR"
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
IWASATTHEWEWANTCARR
All the play off games and NFC Championship games that we lost over the years at Candlestick were all very painful. Those games made me hate the Cowboys, the Giants, the Packers. LMFAO, f**k the Seahawks and their fans to think they are rivals? . Until those fools rob us of Championship games, they aren't rivals.
[ Edited by sacleads on Dec 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IWASATTHEWEWANTCARR

lolz -- that s**t made me sick. surreal moment in 9er history. glad alex had turned his spine into steel prior to that. a lot of people say alex didn't deserve his guaranteed contract money. but if you have to deal with two jackass foos in a row in nowin and dingleberrry, you've earned your contract!
Originally posted by NinersGiants:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
alex going 1/13 on third down in the biggest game of his life

yet still better than the opposing QB who won the Superbowl.... Their only points at the end were directly from Kyle Williams. Don't act like Alex wouldn't put up points with 2 freebie fumbles.

I doubt it...he wasn't doing anything in the 4th qtr and OT
For games, 1987 divisional playoff game against MIN and the 1990 NFCCG against the Giants were both brutal. The 1992 NFCCG against DAL was also pretty damn depressing.
Overall moments, Watching Joe get crushed by Marshall, essentially ending his time in SF and watching Bar None snap his knee in half and knowing he would never be the same.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
1995, 49ers vs Vikings (MNF), went to take a s**t and the f**king damn toilet plugged bad, water was just going all over the f**king place, my pants were all f**king wet, and the smell of s**t didn't leave me for a whole week. f**king epic game though, and I totally remember seeing Pete Carroll during pre-game warmups (he's always looked like a grandma). That s**t though, it was just f**king bad, and it was after that I figured Candlestick was on the decline.

My god
I'm still furious about the BS holding call in 1992. But the '90 NFCCG was the worst, although the moment for me in that game was when Joe went down. I knew that we wouldn't be able to shake them off that day when it happened. The fumble (and by one of my all-time favourite 9ers too) was the cap. But the hit on Montana was the worst moment for me.
[ Edited by paulk205 on Dec 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The day that Anthony Carter switched uniforms with Jerry Rice. Niners finished 13-2-0, were #1 in points scored 459 points (30.6/g), allowed 253 points (16.9/g), 3rd. Differential of 206 points (13.7/g), 1st.

Everyone always talks about the 3 peat and the 90' NFCCG, but that game right there really derailed a legitimate chance at 4 in a row. Although they got smoked so it's hard to play the what if game but that 87' team was awesome.
"there will be no 3 peat"......by far the most painful for me. when we were bad and playing bad it was easy to brush it off because we sucked.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
The day that Anthony Carter switched uniforms with Jerry Rice. Niners finished 13-2-0, were #1 in points scored 459 points (30.6/g), allowed 253 points (16.9/g), 3rd. Differential of 206 points (13.7/g), 1st.

Everyone always talks about the 3 peat and the 90' NFCCG, but that game right there really derailed a legitimate chance at 4 in a row. Although they got smoked so it's hard to play the what if game but that 87' team was awesome.

by the same token you could say in 1988 team got lucky to win it all. thats the problem with the what if game.
IWASATTHEWEWANTCARR

Hey, whatever happened to him, iwasatthecatch. I haven't noticed him around. Is he still here?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
IWASATTHEWEWANTCARR

Hey, whatever happened to him, iwasatthecatch. I haven't noticed him around. Is he still here?

heard he fell off the wagon. homeless drunk.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

by the same token you could say in 1988 team got lucky to win it all. thats the problem with the what if game.

They didn't get lucky, they fumbled to 10-6 and got hot in the playoffs. I'd rather be 10-6 and hot going into to the playoffs than 15-1 like '87 and get upset.

The '88 team propelled us to '89 when we blew out Denver 55-10 in the Super Bowl

Hey, there goes John Candy Harris Barton is hyperventilating and Joe just deadpans that and everyone is back on focus. Still my favorite drive ever, with the Goal Line Stand being #2.
i watched the niners beat the lions last year but i twisted my ankle going to get food at halftime and it hurt for almost five days. Most painful.
Share 49ersWebzone