LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Most painful memories/moments at the Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is EASY, NFC Title Game 1990 Season vs the G-Women, and also the 92' Loss vs the CowGirls in the NFC title Game and the other 2 home playoff losses at home vs the Packers. Those were all spectating TRAUMA, and not to forget the 1987 Anthony Carter-Wade Wilson game. All those are and were so traumatizing as a fan.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Let's share em.

Kyle Williams fumbling twice in the NCFCG has to be up there. There went our Cinderella year. I'm confident we would have smoked the Patriots in the SB.

Don't remind me, that was our destiny year, Kyle Williams single handedly threw that away

Putting salt on an old wound. He should have been cut, his mistakes weren't caused by hard hits, mentally he wasn't there.
Originally posted by swayze:
Roger Craig fumbling vs. the Giants in the NFCCG in 91?

That's it for me...
When Norton ran into BY and broke BY's leg.............i cried
That I saw and "remeber" 2011 losing the NFCC. There was a magic to that yr losing (on a bad call) after an amazing urn around with Alex our, new head coach and a historical defense taking the leauge by storm was very rare
Either championship loss to the Giants... or BOTH!!!
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Let's share em.

Kyle Williams fumbling twice in the NCFCG has to be up there. There went our Cinderella year. I'm confident we would have smoked the Patriots in the SB.

I agree with you there.

But I also remember locking myself in my room and crying after the Craig fumble and Bahr winning field goal.
Craig fumble
Losing to the giants that year
The day that Anthony Carter switched uniforms with Jerry Rice. Niners finished 13-2-0, were #1 in points scored 459 points (30.6/g), allowed 253 points (16.9/g), 3rd. Differential of 206 points (13.7/g), 1st.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM ]
Carter '87
Craig '90
Kyle '11

I'm using the season not necessarily the year

I haven't read any of the replies yet but this one always gets me. "Holding, #62, offense." 1992 NFC title game. Penalty resulted in a first drive Young to Rice TD strike being called back. The call was ticky tack and if it wasn't made the flood gates would have opened and we would be chasing ring 7 or 8 right now because of it. To this day that is the single most painful play, for me anyways, that the 49ers have been involved in.
I have 3 equally as bad, can't single one out; Criag's fumble that killed the 3 Peat, Minnesota loss in the divisional in the drizzling rain and Joe getting completely knocked out in NY in a playoff game...Of course KW's 2 fumbles just a couple years ago ranks up there, but for an already championship team that had the moments above, to me it's different, it's worse..
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
I haven't read any of the replies yet but this one always gets me. "Holding, #62, offense." 1992 NFC title game. Penalty resulted in a first drive Young to Rice TD strike being called back. The call was ticky tack and if it wasn't made the flood gates would have opened and we would be chasing ring 7 or 8 right now because of it. To this day that is the single most painful play, for me anyways, that the 49ers have been involved in.

Youre right about Guy McYntire holding call, had that call not been called, 49ers woulda jumped out to a decent lead vs Dallas and made Dallas one dimensional and 49ers most likely woulda won that game and then beat Buffalo in the SB two weeks later.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Probably the Kyle Williams second fumble. The first one I knew was going to happen and felt bad afterward for jinxing it. The second one got me and I friggin died. I can't believe he ever returned punts after that.

Losing to the Packers in 97 was bad too. I just remember we couldn't do s**t in that game and it seemed so easy to the Packers to beat us.
Originally posted by Antix:
Probably the Kyle Williams second fumble. The first one I knew was going to happen and felt bad afterward for jinxing it. The second one got me and I friggin died. I can't believe he ever returned punts after that.

Losing to the Packers in 97 was bad too. I just remember we couldn't do s**t in that game and it seemed so easy to the Packers to beat us.

The 97' Loss was all Mariucci's fault, we had a hot Terry Kirby who had been filling in for an injured Garrison Hearst but Mooch played Hearst more and he clearly wasn't himself and that made the 49ers one dimensional and the packers played nickel formation all game because they knew we couldn't run the ball on them. Shoulda started Kirby and shoulda kept running the ball with Kirby to keep Farve off the field. Our defense that game looked really slow even though they were number one all year, they played like they were a step behind Antonio Freeman, I swear Antonio Freeman only stood out vs the 49ers for whatever reason. vs other teams Freeman was above average but vs the 49ers, he became Jerry Rice North.
Share 49ersWebzone