There are 399 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Screen Pass Argument

Came across a good article on us and screen passes.

Maybe JH is saving them for the Seattle game?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1895941-disproving-that-a-screen-game-doesnt-fit-the-san-francisco-49ers/page/7
we havent really used it in about 3 years of football, i highly doubt they're saving it for a game 3 years into their tenure. they might whip it out in that game, or maybe one before then, but i dont think they've been saving it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Run more screens.
Yeah, don't see it happening. And Roman's explanation as to why we don't use it is total garbage. How do you know if you never try? Our O-line really isn't athletic enough to at least run an occasional screen? Total BS
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Yeah, don't see it happening. And Roman's explanation as to why we don't use it is total garbage. How do you know if you never try? Our O-line really isn't athletic enough to at least run an occasional screen? Total BS

it is kinda bs, the only one who probably might not be is iupati. davis and staley are great athletes at tackle, especially staley, and boone is athletic enough to go from rg to lt in a pinch and shut down the league best pass rusher this season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
9ers don't utilize the scree-pass cause Kaepernick can't throw one. If its not a 40 mph fast ball, he ain't throwing it!!! Haha!!
All those arguments were addressed in the article slide show.
Screens wont work against Seattle, they are too fast.
Are linemen is not the type to accomplish it
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
All those arguments were addressed in the article slide show.

The most prevalent excuse I hear is the "the OL isn't built for it"...even Matt Maiocco, who I really like, perpetuates this BS. We've seen how these guys can move getting out to pull/lead on sweeps and stretch plays, no reason at all they can't block for a screen. A screen pass is a matter of feel and timing, something you have to PRACTICE, which from the few abortions we've seen in games makes me think they don't do a whole lot of it re: screens.
Alex and Aarron Rodgers get 500 yards with screens , slants and checkdowns. WHY NOT KAEP?
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Are linemen is not the type to accomplish it

Not true...as is pointed out in subject article, complete myth.
Webzone Play of the Year : Screen Pass

lololol
IT HAS TO BE A HB SCREEN TO LAMICHEAL, OTHERWISE...

those WR screens are risky and don't work most of the time. Kaep doesn't pump fake and takes a long ass time to throw so there's the interception pick six risk.

GOT DAMMIT.
I wouldn't call that excuse BS. The few screens they ran this year they all look terrible.O line never in positon to block.