There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

KNBR should get someone else to interview harbs

Originally posted by verb1der:
Fitz and Brooks ftw!

Fitz and Brooks is my jaam!! Especially around the time when the whole Manziel was signing footballs for money contreversey.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
for an example, i currently reside in Philadelphia

this is a football town

however, like the giants...the phillies got red hot for a few years and it was rabid phillies fever, they were topping all baseball teams in attendance and killing it.

then the party ended...the drop off began and with it the fervor died, the seats emptied and that magic was gone

all thru that, the eagles were mediocre to pathetic yet had sold out every game.

the 9ers have sold out every game for yrs as well during the down years i believe

football is king in the bay area just as its king almost everywhere except maybe st louis

the 49ers have had great attendance in that dump of a stadium for years, just imagine how it will be in Levi's. Giants do great in AT&T and did horrible at the stick

football is so unique, no other sport can generations of a family or a close knit friends group get together and bond and root for their team like football

its once a week its on sunday and its fckin epic..nothing like it

and its been happening for generations in the bay area, 9ers RULE the bay

as for the city, its just out of towners now anyway, so different than even just 15yrs ago.....

Baseball = more/cheaper games, more opportunities to see your team play, post-season is longer if your team is involved.

Giants are riding the wave man. I'm just giving you my objective (EDIT - not subjective, whoops) opinion based off what I've seen/read and mech sales (my mom owns a business that sells Bay Area sports team merch). Niners are coming back strong, but they have indeed taken a backseat to the Giants during the World Series runs and especially coming out of the dark years.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Dec 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Baseball = more/cheaper games, more opportunities to see your team play, post-season is longer if your team is involved.

Giants are riding the wave man. I'm just giving you my subjective opinion based off what I've seen/read and mech sales (my mom owns a business that sells Bay Area sports team merch). Niners are coming back strong, but they have indeed taken a backseat to the Giants during the World Series runs and especially coming out of the dark years.

no doubt, but back to the original point that started all this, these piece of sh!t stations need to be talking MOSTLY 9ers right now, its december, minimize that warriors and stanford and all that other bs talk
no doubt, but back to the original point that started all this, these piece of sh!t stations need to be talking MOSTLY 9ers right now, its december, minimize that warriors and stanford and all that other bs talk

So why would it be "bs" for a BAY AREA sports radio station talk about the Warriors or Stanford? First, as it pertains to 95.7, you'll have to direct me to when all this Stanford talk is happening, because I've never heard more than passing mention about them, which mainly comes during their top of the hour "sports updates." They have talked a little about David Shaw this week, but not so much in the context of Stanford football as it was his being a prime candidate for an NFL job.

And you keep on with this notion that 95.7 isn't mostly 49ers, and I'm telling you, YES it is. They might be the Raiders flagship, but the 49ers are a far more interesting topic, ergo they talk about them more than any other team/topic on that station. Oh look, they just interviewed Brent Jones and now it's Joe Starkey.

this is a football town

however, like the giants...the phillies got red hot for a few years and it was rabid phillies fever, they were topping all baseball teams in attendance and killing it.

then the party ended...the drop off began and with it the fervor died, the seats emptied and that magic was gone

all thru that, the eagles were mediocre to pathetic yet had sold out every game.

the 9ers have sold out every game for yrs as well during the down years i believe

football is king in the bay area just as its king almost everywhere except maybe st louis

the 49ers have had great attendance in that dump of a stadium for years, just imagine how it will be in Levi's. Giants do great in AT&T and did horrible at the stick

During the Ericksen/Nolan/Singletary eras there was never a black-out, but there were thousands of people dressed like empty seats.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

this is a football town

During the Ericksen/Nolan/Singletary eras there was never a black-out, but there were thousands of people dressed like empty seats.

Seriously, let's not pretend people were buying "You just got JT'Owned!" shirts in droves.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Dec 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]

this is a football town

Yeah, I don't know for a fact but always heard that during those lean years 49ers would buy up the excess to get the sellout and avoid blackout...and I know a lot of the games I went to did have a good number of empty seats.

The last home game I can recall not being televised was Nov 1981 vs Browns, which 49ers lost 15-12. But IIRC, it wasn't due to non-sellout, but rather because Browns were visitors and so it was an NBC game, as they were the AFC network back then...however, they didn't have the double-header that week and the Raiders were televised on NBC at 10am, so NBC couldn't also televise the Niners game.
I remember listening to it on the radio, getting so mad and almost breaking my brand-new ATARI 2600.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Dec 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Ballistic:
95.7 The Game >>>>>>>> KNBR

If you're an oakland fan. I'll take knbr and SF Giants talk over that nonsense easily.
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Fitz and Brooks ftw!

Fitz and Brooks is my jaam!! Especially around the time when the whole Manziel was signing footballs for money contreversey.

lol they went off on that.
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:

I can't stand Brooks. He is full of himself (well both of them are), but Brooks talks in a stutter fashion that makes it feel like work to listen to him.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Yeah, I don't know for a fact but always heard that during those lean years 49ers would buy up the excess to get the sellout and avoid blackout...and I know a lot of the games I went to did have a good number of empty seats.

The last home game I can recall not being televised was Nov 1981 vs Browns, which 49ers lost 15-12. But IIRC, it wasn't due to non-sellout, but rather because Browns were visitors and so it was an NBC game, as they were the AFC network back then...however, they didn't have the double-header that week and the Raiders were televised on NBC at 10am, so NBC couldn't also televise the Niners game.
I remember listening to it on the radio, getting so mad and almost breaking my brand-new ATARI 2600.

I was at that game. It was also raining like hell. It was a mud bowl.
The Murph and Mac show is not that bad. I think they do a pretty good job with the Harbs interviews. I listen to them every morning and have always been under the impression that Harbs, Murph and Mac get a long fairly well. Harbs even says that he listens in to the show on his own time.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I was at that game. It was also raining like hell. It was a mud bowl.

You're certified Old School then...I was at home playing "Pitfall" and pissed that the 7-game win streak got snapped.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
95.7 The Game >>>>>>>> KNBR

If you're an oakland fan. I'll take knbr and SF Giants talk over that nonsense easily.
I'm a Niners/A's fan in orange county

I have the 95.7 the game app, fine by me
Papa & Lund

Towny & Bucher