There are 310 users in the forums

Does Arizona have a chance of bumping us out of the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Arizona wins the tiebreaker due to being a red state
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yes SEA loses two and we win two

Interesting. So who do we want next week: Sea or ARZ? Do we play it safe, or go for the gusto?

I'm rooting for ARI but they won't win. Reason being we ain't losing the stick finale to the Cards on Mon nite in front of Eddie D. We in after Mon nite

Right. It's literally impossible for us to lose The Stick finale to the Cards on Monday night in front of Eddie D - because we don't play the Cards in The Stick's finale on Monday night.
I can't imagine a scenario of the 49ers losing the last two games....

So I'm in the minority who would rather AZ beat SEA this weekend giving us some chance at home field advantage....

It's sorta a win/win either way you cut it. If we can't beat the last two teams we don't deserve the playoffs.
Seeing as we have to lose to Atlanta AND Arizona to miss the playoffs, I'm going to say NO. Zero chance we miss the playoffs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
sure there is a chance, but I do not think it is going to happen.
Tie will move to head to head. and then division record. no matter what happens if we win in ATL theres no way AZ can get in.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/20131216wins-still-no-playoffs-possibility-arizona-cardinals.html
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Nope if we're 11-4 heading into the last game Arizona will already be eliminated

this

well technically, i think they can still jump carolina or new orleans if they end up with the same record.

nope. lost to both, so CAR and NO have the tie-breakers, IIRC
Tards can win out and still not make it. Don't know how it works but that's what I read.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
After we slaughter the Falcons, we'll take care of Tards. Win or lose against CAWKS, they'll be beat up and probably accumulate one or two key injuries up in seaderrall. They're already w/out the little badger... the future isn't bright for Tardinals and none of the other stuff will matter (since we're going to win out).
Originally posted by Empire49:
Right. It's literally impossible for us to lose The Stick finale to the Cards on Monday night in front of Eddie D - because we don't play the Cards in The Stick's finale on Monday night.
True but we ain't losing to ATL on Mon night in front of Eddie d. It just ain't happening. I stated early in the thread that we play after ARI - SEA. Good thing because ARI will have something to play for. I'm on mobile and entered Cards erroneously. Shoot me!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM ]

Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Seeing as we have to lose to Atlanta AND Arizona to miss the playoffs, I'm going to say NO. Zero chance we miss the playoffs.

Can you really see us sh** the bed Monday nite? Man we playing for something this week. We representing every player coach and fan that came through the Stick throughout the years. Its gonna be pageantry and a large gala. We are going to be at our best and I expect to win handily. This is historic! We stand a better chance losing in ARI than we do at the stick Mon nite!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Tards can win out and still not make it. Don't know how it works but that's what I read.

Because we already have 4 division wins and they only have 1. Tie record we surpass them. Easy
Yes, they do. I wouldn't be too confident about their chances, but they do have one. Maybe they will be extra motivated to beat the Seahawks after their 58-0 rout last year.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Nope if we're 11-4 heading into the last game Arizona will already be eliminated

this

well technically, i think they can still jump carolina or new orleans if they end up with the same record.

nope. lost to both, so CAR and NO have the tie-breakers, IIRC

Cards crushed the Panthers yo.
Might as well get used to second place.
Share 49ersWebzone