LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Does Arizona have a chance of bumping us out of the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Let's say we are 11-4 and they are 10-5 and they beat us at their place last game of the year, who gets in? Assuming CAR or NO is 11-5 as well. I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere but the thought scares me.
yes they can. It requires us to lose to ATL and AZ to win @SEA
Nope if we're 11-4 heading into the last game Arizona will already be eliminated
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Dec 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM ]
Carson Palmer will throw for 500 yards at Seattle
San Francisco clinches a playoff spot with a win or an Arizona loss.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Nope if we're 11-4 heading into the last game Arizona will already be eliminated
Which is why I am thrilled that they play @SEA before we play ATL. ARI will have plenty of incentive to go into SEA and play a very tough and physical game there not knowing whether ATL defeats us or not. Even if ARI loses to SEA I expect there to be carnage left in their wake. And I know STL will give max effort up there simply because it is a Jeff Fisher team
Is there any chance we can win the division? or did that disappear with 5 ints by eli no-saturday-night-live-for-me-this-year manning?
if we beat the falcons then there is no possible way they can get in over us on account of our better division record (and splitting head to head)

and yes we can still win the division if we win out and seahawks lose out (again on account of our better division record)
[ Edited by frenchmov on Dec 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Is there any chance we can win the division? or did that disappear with 5 ints by eli no-saturday-night-live-for-me-this-year manning?

Yes SEA loses two and we win two
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Let's say we are 11-4 and they are 10-5 and they beat us at their place last game of the year, who gets in? Assuming CAR or NO is 11-5 as well. I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere but the thought scares me.

Nope. f**k the Cardinals, have to listen enough to all the bandwagon hopping, Abercrombie wearing douchebag fanboy's here in Phoenix, as far as I'm concerned, the Falcons are the next opponent and the Cardinals are getting smoked by Seattle, thus becoming irrelevant.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Interesting. So who do we want next week: Sea or ARZ? Do we play it safe, or go for the gusto?
Mathematically they have a chance, but in reality they have no chance.

We're 1 game up. We've already beaten them. We have the better division record in the event both teams finish with the same overall record.

The schedule favors us. They play @ Seattle this week -- good luck with that.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Interesting. So who do we want next week: Sea or ARZ? Do we play it safe, or go for the gusto?

I'm rooting for ARI but they won't win. Reason being we ain't losing the stick finale to the Cards on Mon nite in front of Eddie D. We in after Mon nite
Wouldn't it be a miracle though, if Carroll chokes big time. I would just love to tell yall I told you so. this guy is a genetically engineered bumbler.
I am rooting for Arizona to beat Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone