There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Resign Boldin over Crabtree extension

I don't see Crab extending for cheap and I would like to see them bring back Boldin. I think they can afford to keep both. Maybe just franchise tag Crab if an extension can't get worked out?
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
First of all--SPELL CHECK-if you are submitting a post that hundreds of people are meant to read, it's just common courtesy.

Second of all--you so crazy

ty phoenix49

Missed a period there. You should also spell out "thank you." It's just common courtesy!
Originally posted by Allx9er:
whats that like 12+ million for one year

I was jus thinkin what we were doin with goldson...
Ok so if we sign him to a 2 yr deal what do you guys think he wants? I think 15 Mil including guarantee Id rather sign Crabtree now cause he doesnt have any leverage with his numbers
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Crabtree has been very impressive since coming back from his injury. When he first signed it appeared , to me at least, that the desire wasn't there, was I wrong. He has great hands and he's explosive. The biggest concern with Boldin is age, I'd rather see the money go into a younger player.

so say what if we invested money into somebody that was accident prone like at the first of this year.... could you imagine our first 7 games if we would have picked up someone like Persy HARVIN over Boldin at the begging of the year...
Originally posted by okieniner:
so say what if we invested money into somebody that was accident prone like at the first of this year.... could you imagine our first 7 games if we would have picked up someone like Persy HARVIN over Boldin at the begging of the year...

Your point is valid, would I break the bank for Crabtree, no. As far as Boldin, his contribution goes without saying, but will the organization spend another 6 million on a one year deal? I can't see spending big bucks on a player with an injury history or someone who turns 34 at the start of a new season.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I think Boldin 40 mil for for 4yrs with certain gauranteed money sounds better than the unknown of grooming new WRs or Crabtrees durability/ non go up get it ablities.. hope we get both back next season though and Crabtree makes exceptional plays throughout the rest of this year...

How long have you been watching Crabtree?

since hes been drafted , he is not explosive playing aginst physical corners

CRABTREE YARDS REC TD
2009 625 48 2
2010 741 55 6
2011 874 72 4
2012 1,105 85 9

BOLDIN
10 YEAR VETERAN BEEN RELIABLE , DOESNT TOO MUCH SPEED IF YOUR PHYSICAL,

He has been a completely different player with Kap as his QB. I think he can go up for a pass with the best of them. He is also a hell of a run blocker.
I think Boldin would would have caught that last pass in the SB

I think Boldin 40 mil for for 4yrs with certain gauranteed money sounds better than the unknown of grooming new WRs or Crabtrees durability/ non go up get it ablities.. hope we get both back next season though and Crabtree makes exceptional plays throughout the rest of this year...

How long have you been watching Crabtree?

since hes been drafted , he is not explosive playing aginst physical corners

CRABTREE YARDS REC TD
2009 625 48 2
2010 741 55 6
2011 874 72 4
2012 1,105 85 9

BOLDIN
10 YEAR VETERAN BEEN RELIABLE , DOESNT TOO MUCH SPEED IF YOUR PHYSICAL,

He has been a completely different player with Kap as his QB. I think he can go up for a pass with the best of them. He is also a hell of a run blocker.
Re-sign Boldin for 2 yrs, wait on extending Crab til next season. Draft 3 or 4 WRs and see if any of them pans out and are good enough to replace either Crab, then either extend Crab after that or let him walk, or extend him and trade him for draft picks, and let Boldin plays out his contract. Just a thought.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Re-sign Boldin for 2 yrs, wait on extending Crab til next season. Draft 3 or 4 WRs and see if any of them pans out and are good enough to replace either Crab, then either extend Crab after that or let him walk, or extend him and trade him for draft picks, and let Boldin plays out his contract. Just a thought.

Agree 8000000%
Originally posted by rammer:

Agree 8000000%

THIS^^^^^
Re-sign Boldin for 2 yrs, wait on extending Crab til next season. Draft 3 or 4 WRs and see if any of them pans out and are good enough to replace either Crab, then either extend Crab after that or let him walk, or extend him and trade him for draft picks, and let Boldin plays out his contract. Just a thought.4

I love Crabs play, but I think he will probably want more than Baalke will be willing to pay so he will probably be gone after next year (IMHO). I think the 9ers should offer Boldin 4 years for $20 - $24 million (about $5 - $6 million a year). If he continues to play essentially as well as he is now, he would be worth every bit of it and if his play falls off they can ask him to restructure or release him. I definitely agree with drafting at least two or three WR in the next draft - with one of the picks being a first or second rounder. Depending on how the draft picks pan out in the 2014 season, they are likely to look to the free agent market to find at least a Manningham (when he first came to the 9ers) level receiver for the 2015 season to have make sure they have reliable vet talent. Such a vet, with a strong running game and a decent "speedy, stretch, over the top" drafted WR, Boldin, V. Davis and whatever Patton can produce should be enough even without Crabs (who I'd love to keep, but I just don't think it's going to happen). And there's a chance (slim?) that Baldwin will "ignite" in the 2014 season, so that could change the 2015 WR picture.

I'm a little concerned that there could be some bad dynamics with Crabtree next year - his contract year. I can see him getting upset if he isn't given what he thinks is enough opportunity to put up big yardage and get plenty of touchdowns.
I would like to think we'll keep them both. Hopefully Baalke can pull it off.
THIS^^^^^

I think you're way overplaying Boldin's value here. Has he been a great asset to the team? Absolutely, but even with Boldin...

1) we're still a last place passing team (even though much of it has to do with the style of offense).
2) despite our offense being designed to run first, our passing attack STILL suffered more than it should've at the WR position. That made a dramatic change when Crabtree came back.

Again, Boldin is outstanding but it's not like he's having a Jerome Simpson type of season. It's doubtful that he'll even make the pro-bowl. He's had more productive seasons than this in his younger days.

His value on key receptions is remarkable but definitely not worth a 4 year/40 Mill contract at his age VERSUS a much younger and much more explosive Crabtree.
Keep crabs and draft Watkins.that way we got a speedster and a possesion wr to compliment each other.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
THIS^^^^^

I think you're way overplaying Boldin's value here. Has he been a great asset to the team? Absolutely, but even with Boldin...

1) we're still a last place passing team (even though much of it has to do with the style of offense).
2) despite our offense being designed to run first, our passing attack STILL suffered more than it should've at the WR position. That made a dramatic change when Crabtree came back.

Again, Boldin is outstanding but it's not like he's having a Jerome Simpson type of season. It's doubtful that he'll even make the pro-bowl. He's had more productive seasons than this in his younger days.

His value on key receptions is remarkable but definitely not worth a 4 year/40 Mill contract at his age VERSUS a much younger and much more explosive Crabtree.

Nobody said 4 years 40 mil buddy. We said extend him for two, hopefully at a reasonable price, draft a few receivers in hopes one takes off and then decide what to do with crabs at the end of next year based on what our draft picks do.

And Jerome Simpson? Comparing him to anquan boldin? Seriously?
I personally believe we haven't had a receiver like this since Jerry Rice. TO Was good but he wasn't clutch like boldin. Even last years crabs was good but this guy moves the chains. I don't care for highlight reel 60 yard touchdowns because it doesn't happen everyday. I want a player to move the chains and that's what Boldin does!