There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Resign Boldin over Crabtree extension

They need to sign both moving forward. I would extend Crabs before either Boone or Iupati. Much easier to find guards than high end WRS.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Buzz, I love ya bro, but Crabtree is way more valuable than Iupati. I like Iupati but it is so much easier to draft a good guard than a receiver. The University of Tennessee is putting a very good guard that rates high at pass and run blocking, he would look great in a Niner uniform.

he sure is. We were exactly the same on offense with iupati out but have looked worlds better with Crabs back.
I would expect the FO sees this and passes on Iupati
Originally posted by okieniner:
I think Boldin 40 mil for for 4yrs with certain gauranteed money sounds better than the unknown of grooming new WRs or Crabtrees durability/ non go up get it ablities.. hope we get both back next season though and Crabtree makes exceptional plays throughout the rest of this year...

Originally posted by dhp318:
More like Iupati is overrated. How much has the offense struggled with Iupati out, versus Crabtree out? If the dropoff between Iupati and Snyder is only this much, then Iupati can get his massive contract elsewhere while we get him for one more cost controlled year.

of course he is! Unless you are Larry Allen the difference between good and great guards isn't much. We need to resign our playmakers!
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
WORST CASE SCENERIO: Jim forces Balkke fo re-sign Iupati cuz Jim loves the power run game Iupati is the best pulling guard in the league, so that only leaves giving Crabs a 2-3 year deal making good/above average money, knowing its a short deal for him. And with that said it'll leave less to no money left to re-sign Boldin, and knowing Boldin he just wants to play for a SB contending team thus him ending up IN Seattle, becoming RW's main go-to guy! >:(

that would be horrible and make me very angry
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
let iupati leave and sign both, problem solved.

If it's possible, i would rather do that.

Completely agree. Iupati is a stud. But servicable OGs aren't hard to find. And Iupati is by no means perfect, he has had his struggles this year in the passing game.

Looney is ready to step into a starting role. He can fill Iupati's position. Crabtree is more vital to our offense.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
let iupati leave and sign both, problem solved.

If it's possible, i would rather do that.

This. I love Iupati and was all aboard extending him before Crabtree when the season began, but after watching the product we put on the field at the start of the season and seeing how Kaep is performing now, it's a must that we have both Boldin and Crabtree. I'll take it a step further and say imagine if we had Boldin, Crabtree, and a receiver that had speed that would put the fear of god into the so-called Legion of Boom or any other secondary. I hope this is what Baalke is planning for the offseason. Work out a 2-3 year deal for Boldin and a nice extension for Crabtree.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Boldin has several years left and has proven himself... Crabtree has one good year under him and less durability. Nice to work out something to keep both ==== explosive offence without axiety of wondering how someone new will or will not produce/ make plays. We will have to compete with Seattle for several years and Boldin is one of the better match ups ive seen against him.........

yeah Boldin played great without Crabtree in the lineup in week 2

Exactly. Boldin will do great against most secondaries, but against an elite secondary/defense, he can but shut down, so he needs someone else that can command attention at the receiver position starting with him.

If they are able to somehow retain Boldin and extend Crabtree that puts the 49ers in a position where they don't absolutely have to draft a receiver with one of their top picks. I'd like it if we had some flexibility with who we draft with our first few picks.
Everyone seems to want to keep both guys AND draft a WR early in draft. Lets assume we let Manningham go.

That leaves us with Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, high draft pick.

Of course its good to have depth due to injuries etc. i fail to see how much we would use 4 WRS at one time on the field. Something has to give.
strong intelligence in this thread
Originally posted by kronik:
I like Boldin but he's too OLD, SLOW, EXPENSIVE. Trade up and draft Sammy Watkins!!

you on krokadil? boldin's never been fast and he'll be playing for years to come. SIGN BOTH
I just hope Crabs isn't going to demand a crap load of money One would think the achilles injury would help the FO, but you never know?
i say let lupati walk, we didn't lose a step with him out really, im sure were a little better with him in but crabs is a more impact player and harder to find. he should be the first priority. let lupati stay if he willing to sign for reasonable money.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
I just hope Crabs isn't going to demand a crap load of money One would think the achilles injury would help the FO, but you never know?

Throw in a lifetime supply of shoes, and he'll stay
I think Boldin 40 mil for for 4yrs with certain gauranteed money sounds better than the unknown of grooming new WRs or Crabtrees durability/ non go up get it ablities.. hope we get both back next season though and Crabtree makes exceptional plays throughout the rest of this year...
40 Mio. is still to little imo, we should give him an additional amount of 20 Mio. guaranteed bucks...he is our receiver of the future
Why not franshise Boldin and keep both for 1 more yr and see if boldin has any left afterwards, or I he might take a long term deal for cheaper?