LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Resign Boldin over Crabtree extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:
let iupati leave and sign both, problem solved.

If it's possible, i would rather do that.

Heck no! I want lupati stay with us. He is very good offense lines and good block. Smart to playing at offense lines make Gore find the hole and got a TD...
Did you heard about Crabtree got waiver his feet again? Oh s**t again.. Its very annonying! We need trade him other team for 1 round or trade for wr wallace from dolphins..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Did you heard about Crabtree got waiver his feet again? Oh s**t again.. Its very annonying! We need trade him other team for 1 round or trade for wr wallace from dolphins..

Buzz, I love ya bro, but Crabtree is way more valuable than Iupati. I like Iupati but it is so much easier to draft a good guard than a receiver. The University of Tennessee is putting a very good guard that rates high at pass and run blocking, he would look great in a Niner uniform.
I think Boldin 40 mil for for 4yrs with certain gauranteed money sounds better than the unknown of grooming new WRs or Crabtrees durability/ non go up get it ablities.. hope we get both back next season though and Crabtree makes exceptional plays throughout the rest of this year...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Buzz, I love ya bro, but Crabtree is way more valuable than Iupati. I like Iupati but it is so much easier to draft a good guard than a receiver. The University of Tennessee is putting a very good guard that rates high at pass and run blocking, he would look great in a Niner uniform.

More like Iupati is overrated. How much has the offense struggled with Iupati out, versus Crabtree out? If the dropoff between Iupati and Snyder is only this much, then Iupati can get his massive contract elsewhere while we get him for one more cost controlled year.
Originally posted by dhp318:

More like Iupati is overrated. How much has the offense struggled with Iupati out, versus Crabtree out? If the dropoff between Iupati and Snyder is only this much, then Iupati can get his massive contract elsewhere while we get him for one more cost controlled year.

This might be how it pans out, especially considering the neck issue. But I would love to have him and Crabs back. If I had to pick, it would be Crabs.

But back to the question, Crabs > Boldin at this point in their careers. I'd rather have all three.

This is it, two more games and its time for the dance.
I think we will keep Boldin and have Crabtree, Patton and Manningham be our primaries. Iupati is expendable, guards come easier in the draft and produce sooner.
Come on son, CrabTree. What if one of
our free agents sign with the Rams or Seattle? That'd suck.
[ Edited by T-9ers on Dec 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM ]
We are saved just because like SEA we each got a Qb paying for minimum wage. Decision day will have to come. If you want an answer, just check with AB 81(now) and with good reason. Look at his stats, see what is left, and then make your choices. I am frequently surprised at what I see there, and usually for the better. He is the word on salaries. You can do your own "who do we keep" and "who do we let go". But of course, there are other considerations, like being tagged, etc. So check out ABs blog/pinned thread. It will help you make up your minds.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We are saved just because like SEA we each got a Qb paying for minimum wage. Decision day will have to come. If you want an answer, just check with AB 81(now) and with good reason. Look at his stats, see what is left, and then make your choices. I am frequently surprised at what I see there, and usually for the better. He is the word on salaries. You can do your own "who do we keep" and "who do we let go". But of course, there are other considerations, like being tagged, etc. So check out ABs blog/pinned thread. It will help you make up your minds.

Yep. Just looked.. I still think Boldin should get a good offer at 8mil a year for 3 years to keep we corps strong...

I think we will keep Boldin and have Crabtree, Patton and Manningham be our primaries. Iupati is expendable, guards come easier in the draft and produce sooner.

Guards like Iupati don't come easy. Boldin is old. Manningham has not regained form. Crabtree is good but will probably want too much money.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Guards like Iupati don't come easy. Boldin is old. Manningham has not regained form. Crabtree is good but will probably want too much money.

Iupati has played poorly all year, good guards are much easier to draft than receivers. Crabtree is a much better player than Iupati, who we can probably replace with a second rounder. There really hasn't been much of a drop off since Iupati went down, and he was replaced by a career back-up that is mediocre at best.
Originally posted by okieniner:
I think Boldin 40 mil for for 4yrs with certain gauranteed money sounds better than the unknown of grooming new WRs or Crabtrees durability/ non go up get it ablities.. hope we get both back next season though and Crabtree makes exceptional plays throughout the rest of this year...

Drugs r bad
boldin is that you??
They need to sign both moving forward. I would extend Crabs before either Boone or Iupati. Much easier to find guards than high end WRS.
Share 49ersWebzone