There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Resign Boldin over Crabtree extension

Absolutely not Crabtree was drafted by us is not old and has developed a chemistry with our young QB don't get me wrong in no way do i want Boldin gone Boldin being here is key for our future they need to extend Crabtree and extend Boldin on a contract that is fair to both sides. Let go of Manningham and move up in the 1st round for a stud receiver. That leaves Boldin and Crabtree to mentor Patton and the future WR that will have us set receiver for a couple of seasons.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You so crazy.

I think some of you guys might be overstating what Boldin would want/what we would offer. We can do both. From the OP you'd swear Boldin was 25 and we are looking to sign him to 5 or more years. Boldin would get re-signed to a 1 or 2 year deal at say 5-6 a year so 1 year 5-6 mil or 2 years 10-12 mil. It's not going to break the bank and cause us to not be able to re-sign Crabtree. Although if we can't get something done with Crabtree long term I'd probably tag him in 2015 even if it cost 10.5-11 mil. That's assuming he plays like he did at the end of last year for the rest of this and next year.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Sign crabs to long term deal and boldin for two more years

This is the best case scenario. Hopefully Baalke and Paraag can make it work.
Originally posted by okieniner:
Boldin has several years left and has proven himself... Crabtree has one good year under him and less durability. Nice to work out something to keep both ==== explosive offence without axiety of wondering how someone new will or will not produce/ make plays. We will have to compete with Seattle for several years and Boldin is one of the better match ups ive seen against him.........

SIGN THEM BOTH. Until we have established a battery of young receivers can we just keep the only good ones have around please?
lets hope they both want to come back for reasonable $$$
I like both as well, but if I had to say who has impressed me the most, I'd say Boldin, regardless of Crabs' injury. If he weren't in the last days (I'm guessing 2 years?) of a brilliant career, the decision would be easy. However, if Crabs demands, say, Calvin money, then let him go, keep Boldin and draft one of the premier speed receivers next year, and hope and pray we do better developing him than we've done in the past.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I like both as well, but if I had to say who has impressed me the most, I'd say Boldin, regardless of Crabs' injury. If he weren't in the last days (I'm guessing 2 years?) of a brilliant career, the decision would be easy. However, if Crabs demands, say, Calvin money, then let him go, keep Boldin and draft one of the premier speed receivers next year, and hope and pray we do better developing him than we've done in the past.

this. crabs better not want megatron money.
Originally posted by crabman82:
let iupati leave and sign both, problem solved.

This
let errrbodi walk
Originally posted by okieniner:
Boldin has several years left and has proven himself... Crabtree has one good year under him and less durability. Nice to work out something to keep both ==== explosive offence without axiety of wondering how someone new will or will not produce/ make plays. We will have to compete with Seattle for several years and Boldin is one of the better match ups ive seen against him.........

I really don't agree with this. First, I think even Anquan would admit age is catching up with him. He loses and more speed and he is pretty much done. I'm not disrespecting what he can do because he does it well, but his ride is drawing close to the end like Rice's did. Crabtree whole being injury prone has played more than you think. He's way more dangerous than Boldin.

Lets just keep both for now and work Patton in next year.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I really don't agree with this. First, I think even Anquan would admit age is catching up with him. He loses and more speed and he is pretty much done. I'm not disrespecting what he can do because he does it well, but his ride is drawing close to the end like Rice's did. Crabtree whole being injury prone has played more than you think. He's way more dangerous than Boldin.

Lets just keep both for now and work Patton in next year.

I think you're overstating it a bit. Boldin is going to be 33 at the start of next season, that's not that old for a guy who never really depended on his athleticism all that much. Guys who live and die by their speed, quickness..etc, yeah they'll come flying off a cliff but Boldin has made his career out of simply out-working the other guy. I can see him having another good 3 years in the NFL being a dependable, sure-handed target. He's right on the verge of having his first 1000 yard receiving season since 2009. If possible, I'd love to see the 49ers re-sign Boldin and give Crabtree an extension. Those two together are a tough matchup for any team to handle.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
i have a solution to our salary cap...

All starters on offense and defense get $4million per year = 22*$4million = $88 million
The rest share $32million per year = around 31 -32 players *$1/million per year - thus; $88 + $31 = $119/million per year salary cap ($1/million in dead money), etc, etc, etc....

...problem solved, everyone's happy, right?
Yup, Quan is OLD, SLOW ,and expensive. Yet I haven't seen anybody as good as him in years...all the way back to Jerry Rice...but an entirely different type receivers.
Nooooooooooooooo

I love Boldin but Crabs is....WAY better and YOUNGER
lmfao!!!!