LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Resign Boldin over Crabtree extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Boldin has several years left and has proven himself... Crabtree has one good year under him and less durability. Nice to work out something to keep both ==== explosive offence without axiety of wondering how someone new will or will not produce/ make plays. We will have to compete with Seattle for several years and Boldin is one of the better match ups ive seen against him.........
You so crazy.
let iupati leave and sign both, problem solved.
I like Boldin but he's too OLD, SLOW, EXPENSIVE. Trade up and draft Sammy Watkins!!
Originally posted by crabman82:

If it's possible, i would rather do that.
No.

I really like Boldin, if my choices are only having Boldin or only having Crab, I take Crab.

I'm hoping they can find a way to keep both and draft a speed receiver.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I think they will find a way to get both, I think Manningham will be let go along with Rogers, Goodwin and maybe Whitner.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
We need to keep both.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i would love for Paraag to figure out how to keep both. but if i had to choose...Michael Trabtree all day everyday.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You so crazy.

agreed, as much as i like boldin, crabtree is a more dominant force. and a lot younger. but i really really want boldin back too.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by crabman82:

If it's possible, i would rather do that.

Bingo
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

I really like Boldin, if my choices are only having Boldin or only having Crab, I take Crab.

I'm hoping they can find a way to keep both and draft a speed receiver.

I have been thinking the same thing.

It may be the time to move up in the draft for a WR. Perhaps focus on WR, CB, and OL this offseason/draft. Trade several picks to get one of the top speed WR's.

In the meantime, WR's don't develop overnight. It would be nice to re-sign Crab and Boldin and bring in the draft pick as the #3/#4 situation player for 2014.
I think we can resign both. Boldin to a friendly short term deal and hopefully Crabs long term.

Boldin has been godsend to us this year, however if I had to choose between him and Crabs, it's Crabtree. Crabtree is a younger, slightly faster Boldin that has great chemistry with Kap and more upside at this point in his career than Boldin does at his. You have to remember that Boldin is 33 with 2, maybe 3 more years of solid production playing at a high level before he inevitably begins to slow down. Crabtree can be our long term starting WR. You don't just let that walk away.

Have you been watching the games? Crabtree isn't even 100% yet and he's still made an impact for us. It's no coincidence that Kap has been playing better and our passing game has steadily improved since Crab got back in the lineup.
Originally posted by okieniner:
Boldin has several years left and has proven himself... Crabtree has one good year under him and less durability. Nice to work out something to keep both ==== explosive offence without axiety of wondering how someone new will or will not produce/ make plays. We will have to compete with Seattle for several years and Boldin is one of the better match ups ive seen against him.........

yeah Boldin played great without Crabtree in the lineup in week 2
Sign crabs to long term deal and boldin for two more years
Share 49ersWebzone