There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

who is your Favorite 49ers FB of All Time?

who is your Favorite 49ers FB of All Time?

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
OK...you go tackle Craig with your head in front of his knees! LOL! Rathman was wonderful but I'd rather tackle Tom than Roger any day of the week! Roger played FB until he was moved to RB so Rathman could start at FB. I don't mind being wrong once in a while but I don't really think this is one of those times.

1983 Craig FB, Tyler RB
1984 Craig FB, Tyler RB
1985 Craig FB, Tyler RB
1986 Craig FB, Cribbs RB
1987 Craig FB/RB, Cribbs RB, Rathman FB, Monroe RB, Cherry RB
1988 Craig RB, Rathman FB
1989 Craig RB, Rathman FB
1990 Craig RB, Rathman FB, Carter RB

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/1989.htm

This is like a conversation where people forget Lott was a CB or people forgetting Ricky Watters was a WR(nd)

The 49ers were not an I formation team and that probably causes confusion. Any one talking about rathman is use to thinking of Craig as a 234 pound half back
There can be only one answer.... RATHMAN.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
There can be only one answer.... RATHMAN.

Craig with 8000 yards trumps Rathman's 2000 yards every day and Sunday!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
This is like a conversation where people forget Lott was a CB or people forgetting Ricky Watters was a WR(nd)

The 49ers were not an I formation team and that probably causes confusion. Any one talking about rathman is use to thinking of Craig as a 234 pound half back

You are so correct! Frustrating!
Tom Rathman. Dude was just a monster.
Rathman then Floyd then Beasley. Not that they are the best but my favorites. Craig will always be my cavities RB. I know he played both but he will always be a RB to me.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IBSDCUIHTPSOAPNOHEHOTDTF!

"In before some dude comes up in here to post some old ass player no one has ever heard of to demonstrate their fanhood!"

ahhhhhhh too late!

LOL
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
TOM RATHMAN
Nobody is even close he was a powerhouse that could do everything,block,run,catch,lead,intimidate,kicked anybody ass that tried to cheap shot any 49er
the man was just heads above the rest of those fullbacks. Bruce Miller IMO is the closest as far as all around fb

I doubt anybody is going to deny Rathman was easily the best, but the thread isn't about the best, it's about who your favorite is. A person's favorite could be some bench warmer from 1962.

The best QB is Joe Montana. My FAVORITE QB was Steve Young. Favorite does not equal best.

Anyway, I'd definitely go with Rathman here.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Dec 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM ]
Rathman all the way.

Siefert [epic fail move] should have given it to Tom instead of Craig and there wouldn't have been a fumble against the Giants. We would have won another Super Bowl.

Also Beasly was pretty good and I'm thinking Miller has an opportunity to be one of the best we've seen in a while.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Wilbur Jackson...dude was a stud and was Bill Walsh's first "West Coast" FB.

he and delvin williams were damn good together for two years
Not a complete list without Willard or Craig
Originally posted by b9er37:
If it isn't rathman then you just aren't old enough, but there's some good names on this list.

;o) if it's not Craig...your not old enough...
Floyd. I can't explain it, but he is my favorite player.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IBSDCUIHTPSOAPNOHEHOTDTF!

"In before some dude comes up in here to post some old ass player no one has ever heard of to demonstrate their fanhood!"

ahhhhhhh too late!

LOL

Haha happens every time.

"My favorite FB is Ernest Montgomery! He played for the sebastapool Pirates in 1986, back before they moved to San Francisco, You might not have known that though...."