LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

who is your Favorite 49ers FB of All Time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who is your Favorite 49ers FB of All Time?

Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I was too young to watch rathman, but Mike Alstott was one hell of a fullback.

Just noticed it said fav 49ers fullback, and again too young to judge rathman so I'd go with bruce.

Alstott wasn't really a fullback.

Bar None was my favorite. Guy had a passion for his position like I hadn't seen before.
Remember when Young ran one in on... the Bears I think, and spiked the ball.
Bear player grabbed Young, but Floyd ran up, grabbed the guy, and tossed him nearly out of the end zone like nothin.
A full brawl almost broke out, but the refs got it under control.
Rathman

/thread
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Rathman's the best, but my favorite is Bar None.

This.

I chose William Floyd because hes my cousin and the reason I'm a niners fan to begin with :) Seeing him play and win a super bowl when I was 5 years old sealed the deal that the niners will be my team for life.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brandog712:
I chose William Floyd because hes my cousin and the reason I'm a niners fan to begin with :) Seeing him play and win a super bowl when I was 5 years old sealed the deal that the niners will be my team for life.

when it came to blocking and blowing up the best defenders the defense offers, your cousin (pre-injury) was the most talented fullback in nfl history.
Rathman, Floyd and Beasley were all great.

I forgot we had Touchdown Tommy on this team.
Tom Rathman.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
rathman and it ain't close. for me anyway.

This. To me, Tom Rathman was the epitome of a fullback. I used to love watching games when John Madden was the analyst and he'd go on and on about this Cornhusker from Nebraska. Rathman's nose would be broken and bleeding, or his forehead, and all the paint on his helmet would be peeled away by the end of the season, and Madden's like, "that's what a fullback is supposed to look like." All time great 49er.
Originally posted by susweel:
Adam Walker

Becuase of the two special teams turnovers he caused in the NFC championship game?

Or you bagging on him becuase dumb ass QB threw the ball to a dude with a cast on his hand?

Marc logan was really special for his burst...

He was frank gore like how he got up to full speed so fast...

That worked great on a team as talented as those teams where....but he didn't make the players around him better like rathman or Floyd

My question is why the hell is Craig not on this list...he lined up at full back often.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
rathman and it ain't close. for me anyway.

This
Rathman.

What a dude!
If it isn't rathman then you just aren't old enough, but there's some good names on this list.
Good question

I would have to go with Rathman, with Floyd close behind.
Share 49ersWebzone