LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gonna miss the people trying to get you to park in their front yard as you enter the stadium.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I'm guessing the legendary Dwight Clark will be our captain or at least one of our captains. Hopefully we also get a Joe Montana appearance as well.....

And nobody is comparing the two for the legacy as a football player or as a Niner......but Dwight was THE first (and best) Candlestick moment ever.

As great as Vernon Post was (#2 all time Stick moment to me), I couldn't imagine seeing The Catch on tv let alone the stadium.

Dwight HAS TO BE THERE!

There's a video on 49ers.com interviewing Eddie D. He says he's gonna b honorary captain for the game. Also says Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark are going to be w him in his suite and that they'll more than likely go down to the field with him. He also mentions he talked to Montana and that joe more than likely won't be able to make it.

Steve Young is part of the Monday night crew, wonder if they wi let him participate on anything prior to kickoff.

I'm 33, long time niner faithful since I was around 7-8. Live in Texas, dad and family big cowboys fans. I'm glad my dad ddnt pubs that s**t of a franchise on me lol ...anyway, it's my very first AND last game at the stick and I wouldn't miss it for the world . Gonna go to the webzone tailgate and enjoy the ride all night long
Happy to say, that despite only being 28 years old and living in NJ, I've managed six trips out to the 'Stick (unfortunately none this season though). The most memorable, by far, was The Catch III (or Vernon Post, but I don't see why anyone would call it that).

My girlfriend and I went to the game because after going out for so many games during the dark ages of the franchise, I promised myself that I'd go wherever they played once they returned to the playoffs. Thanks God I did. We sat above the 35 yard line on the side of the field facing where Vernon made the catch. As someone else mentioned, I still get chills and it truly has never sunk in that I was actually there.

For the first time in my life, I experienced what people talk about when they say time stands still and sound drowns out. That's exactly what happened in that moment and it was like a brief state of shock. I'll never forget it, nor will I forget the partying and atmosphere of the city that night.

The 'Stick also ties into the Webzone a great deal for me. The 'Zone tailgates always gave me and my guest (whether it was my girlfriend or a friend) a place to go, congregate, and party since I don't know any locals out in SF.

I'll always look back fondly on those tailgates, the shenanigans that ensued (thanks for always sharing those shenanigans Stoney! , I owe ya), and of course the games themselves.

I know Levi's stadium is state-of-the-art, but I like the 'Stick just fine and would much rather have the Niners in the city proper as opposed to South Bay. Alas, all good things must come to an end; it's just hard to say goodbye to that lovable, moss-covered, concrete calamity that has meant so much to me as a fan.
Originally posted by valrod33:

I have this same poster! Great poster!

I remember quite a few Niner and Giant games there as a kid growing up. Gonna miss it!
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Dec 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM ]
What a cruddy stadium, will miss the location doe
i finally got the chance to go to a niner game a couple years ago and it was awesome. I dont understand why people are so hard on candlestick, it didnt looks so bad. we had nose bleeds and the view was great. just being there felt magical. all the legends I grew up watching graced that same field. hopefully we get one more chance to host an nfc championship game and send it out with a bang!!!
So long ......

The end of a ERA !
The NINERS became the CLASS of the NFL in this HOUSE !

Weve got the team and organization to make our new house just as Famous !

Gooooooooo Forty ! NINERS !!!!!!
Anybody who hasn't watched this yet must watch.
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Players-Remember-Candlestick-Park/10977c4a-8da8-4986-bb27-443c672c2029

Same with the one the other day with Eddie D.
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Eddie-DeBartolo-Reflects-on-Candlestick-Park/993c3b97-5e63-4237-9b03-9a6785b347ce
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM ]
joe montana hates candlestick and you should too
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Anybody who hasn't watched this yet must watch.
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Players-Remember-Candlestick-Park/10977c4a-8da8-4986-bb27-443c672c2029

Same with the one the other day with Eddie D.
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Eddie-DeBartolo-Reflects-on-Candlestick-Park/993c3b97-5e63-4237-9b03-9a6785b347ce

Eddie DeBartolo saying he will be in New York when 49ers are in the Superbowl

I'll miss the stick and its absence of SBLs.
Legbreaker and I discussed our best memories of The Stick this week

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1224-further-review-business-tampa-ready-likely-final-stick/
  • thl408
I'm going to miss huddling around a bathtub, shoulder to shoulder with other drunk dudes, to pee.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Happy to say, that despite only being 28 years old and living in NJ, I've managed six trips out to the 'Stick (unfortunately none this season though). The most memorable, by far, was The Catch III (or Vernon Post, but I don't see why anyone would call it that).

My girlfriend and I went to the game because after going out for so many games during the dark ages of the franchise, I promised myself that I'd go wherever they played once they returned to the playoffs. Thanks God I did. We sat above the 35 yard line on the side of the field facing where Vernon made the catch. As someone else mentioned, I still get chills and it truly has never sunk in that I was actually there.

For the first time in my life, I experienced what people talk about when they say time stands still and sound drowns out. That's exactly what happened in that moment and it was like a brief state of shock. I'll never forget it, nor will I forget the partying and atmosphere of the city that night.

The 'Stick also ties into the Webzone a great deal for me. The 'Zone tailgates always gave me and my guest (whether it was my girlfriend or a friend) a place to go, congregate, and party since I don't know any locals out in SF.

I'll always look back fondly on those tailgates, the shenanigans that ensued (thanks for always sharing those shenanigans Stoney! , I owe ya), and of course the games themselves.

I know Levi's stadium is state-of-the-art, but I like the 'Stick just fine and would much rather have the Niners in the city proper as opposed to South Bay. Alas, all good things must come to an end; it's just hard to say goodbye to that lovable, moss-covered, concrete calamity that has meant so much to me as a fan.

Great post!
I'm going to miss the park and I'm going to miss going to Tommy's Joynt for a pre-game pop before grabbing the Muni Express Bus
Share 49ersWebzone