There are 156 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lets go back home boys. My heart is still back at the Stick.

My soul is getting absolutely crushed at the moment.

f**k Levi Stadium!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/81281-steve-young-standing-ruins-candlestick-park/

Steve Young at what's left of CandleStick Park.. thanks Jed York!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Mar 29, 2015 at 9:45 PM ]
Man thats sad. What a great location for a stadium. Too bad they couldn't 't work something out.
Originally posted by cris_sonic:

Sad that a Wrestling event broke a attendance record at that place we play our games now. The city of SF is the 49ers not crummy ass Santa Clara.
Man i sure am gonna miss driving up to the stick on Sundays.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Sad that a Wrestling event broke a attendance record at that place we play our games now. The city of SF is the 49ers not crummy ass Santa Clara.

Santa Clara is better then LA, and the attendance record ?
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Mar 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Santa Clara is better then LA, and the attendance record ?

Who cares about LA's stadium situation & really thats not saying much i am comparing Santa Clara to San Francisco itself. as for the record numbers here you go.

Wrestlemania event. It drew 76,976 fans, according to the San Jose Mercury News. ViaSportsBusiness Daily, the prior record was 70,799.

That has nothing to do with LAs stadium...I'm talking about Santa Clara 9ers is far better then the LA 9ers

And the attendance...you do know the added thousands of seats on the field and in the plazas
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 30, 2015 at 9:14 AM ]
Lol let's just fill the field with fans on gameday then...

Originally posted by cris_sonic:

You do realize they added a TON of seats for Wrestlemania right? Nothing like trashing the team/fans without a damn clue of what you are talking about.....

The Niners stadium only seats about 68-70k on game days and that's including standing room only tickets. I guess expecting a fan to know such things before running off at the mouth is too much to ask for tho...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

SF is a baseball town now. no1curr.
Originally posted by WINiner:
You do realize they added a TON of seats for Wrestlemania right? Nothing like trashing the team/fans without a damn clue of what you are talking about.....

The Niners stadium only seats about 68-70k on game days and that's including standing room only tickets. I guess expecting a fan to know such things before running off at the mouth is too much to ask for tho...

Nah really????

I wasn't born yesterday dude of course i knew they added more seats for yesterday's event but would they add those on a permanent basis i ask? Prob not most likely those new sections wont sell bcuz no one really cares to fill up that stadium being further from SF n being so damn pricey Niners fans wont show up u saw how empty that place looked at time though the season. Just wait till we start actually losing on a consistent basis.
Nah really????

I wasn't born yesterday dude of course i knew they added more seats for yesterday's event but would they add those on a permanent basis i ask? Prob not most likely those new sections wont sell bcuz no one really cares to fill up that stadium being further from SF n being so damn pricey Niners fans wont show up u saw how empty that place looked at time though the season. Just wait till we start actually losing on a consistent basis.

The extra seats were on the damn field........Is this some sort of prank? You gotta be kidding me.
What I miss most about candlestick was tailgating in the state park beyond the season ticket parking lot. Man, that was tailgating. You had the bay behind you and a complete view of all the tailgaiting madness in the main parking lot.
Share 49ersWebzone