There are 184 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have had the priviledge of visiting 4 times... not bad for an out-of-stater. I will miss the memories, but not the crappiness haha
Burn in hell, motherf**ker!

But thanks for the memories.
The new stadium is cool but the stick was unique. Seemed every playoff game was cold, windy, and muddy.
Just the thread title made me sad. But it's time for a new era but MAN, we had some epic games there...like any home, you're going to have some incredible moments as well as some heart breaks but what a ride it was. Thanks for all the memories (good and bad)!
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
When I lived in the Bay, I went to a few Giants game due to sponsored ticket packages from my little league.

Other than that, we couldn't afford tickets. Being dirt sucks.

But we had a tv!
The stick isn't just part of sports history it's a part of San Francisco history yes it's old and in a bad area but all that stuff to me made the stadium special i'll miss getting off at 3rd and Gillman and taking the walk up to the famous Stick. Seeing the stadium from the outside and inside you can feel the history of all the great games and legendary moments and players from all the years. I really wish they would leave the stadium open instead of building condos over it but nothing we can do to stop it. That area will never be the same with out the stick and San Francisco will never be the same with out our Niners it makes me sick there moving the team away from us.
Hopefully we have a NFCC left!
...always dreaded this day

• Antix
  • Veteran
Never made it out there to a game but I'm going to miss it terribly. Watching Niners games on TV to me the Stick looked unlike any other stadium. The way the west coast sun shined over it and its funky shadows was signature to me. Classic games against the Packers Cowboys Rams and others just always looked special at Candlestick. Its one of my life's major disappointments that I'll never have had a chance to make it out there but I'll bid adieu just like any other fan would and should. We'll miss you Candlestick!
Originally posted by Antix:
Never made it out there to a game but I'm going to miss it terribly. Watching Niners games on TV to me the Stick looked unlike any other stadium. The way the west coast sun shined over it and its funky shadows was signature to me. Classic games against the Packers Cowboys Rams and others just always looked special at Candlestick. Its one of my life's major disappointments that I'll never have had a chance to make it out there but I'll bid adieu just like any other fan would and should. We'll miss you Candlestick!

I made my pilgrimage to the stick this year ..my new bride's parents bought us game tickets and flew us out there for the game

I kept asking my wife .."am I dreaming, am I really here? .....hopefully you can make it to santa clara sometime Antix ...I know I'm gonna hit a game there next year ....already got a special savings account set up for the trip
I was 17 the 1st time I went to the Stick back in 06. Ever since then I go to 4-5 games a year. I will never forget that playoff game vs the Saints in 11. The most amazing Candlestick moment I have ever experienced
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I was 17 the 1st time I went to the Stick back in 06. Ever since then I go to 4-5 games a year. I will never forget that playoff game vs the Saints in 11. The most amazing Candlestick moment I have ever experienced

I still watch that game from time to time ...I remember the defense chant was awesome at the begining of the game, made my TV shake
Share 49ersWebzone