LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Proof ?

Im not the one making a claim saying Jed signed something for free. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Jed York is in the business of making money. Saying that he wouldnt sign his name on a piece of paper and sell a product with his organizations name on it without making a profit is not extraordinary. Saying he WOULD do that, is.

So, The proof lies with the one making an extraordinary claim.

tl;dr YOU show ME proof.
Originally posted by THEB:
Proof ?

Im not the one making a claim saying Jed signed something for free. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Jed York is in the business of making money. Saying that he wouldnt sign his name on a piece of paper and sell a product with his organizations name on it without making a profit is not extraordinary. Saying he WOULD do that, is.

So, The proof lies with the one making an extraordinary claim.

tl;dr YOU show ME proof.

You make a valid point, but technically you're still without anything to back YOU up. lol
  • THEB
  • Veteran
What do i need to back up? A logical assertion that a business man wont put his signature on a for-profit product without getting royalties? Yeah...well darn that shows me.

I guess some people know very little about logical fallacies.
[ Edited by THEB on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:
What do i need to back up? A logical assertion that a business man wont put his signature on a for-profit product without getting royalties? Yeah...well darn that shows me.

I guess some people know very little about logical fallacies.

So pretty much don't have any proof
Originally posted by Raul98:

This photo pretty much sums of what the York family has done to this franchise i love Candlestick park and always will i didn't care that it didn't have wi fi and 500 billion luxury boxes, That field and that stadium will always be the 49ers home. This place was much more than a stadium it's a San Francisco landmark and a part of our cities history but Jed doesn't give a sh*t about that.

We all have fond memories of the The Sitck, but it's a dump that's been obsolete for 30 years.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by pd24:
The grass still looks better than Levis. Lol.

Yep

was hoping for a big bang to send her off...damn SF natives fk up another thing that deals with the 49ers

It's not the natives. Aint nobody I know from the Sunset was against the 49ers leaving. Ben Davis, Derby jackets, and steel toe boots say otherwise.

It's the dirty hippies and the Internet hipsters and their Kale munching munts. Its motherfu***rs on bikes that think that they have more rights than cars. Its . . . . anyway, I can go on and on and on why the City is now a joke from when I grew up in the Sunset and went to SH. But, don't you ever say it was natives.

Well the residents fkd it up..by not voting when they had their chances plural
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Still remember my favorite game as a kid it was vs. The Redskins and T.O took a reverse like 60 yards for a TD. The stick was rockin.

I think that was the 2002 game, where half the team got food poisoning the week of the game. TO was a beast in those years.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This photo pretty much sums of what the York family has done to this franchise i love Candlestick park and always will i didn't care that it didn't have wi fi and 500 billion luxury boxes, That field and that stadium will always be the 49ers home. This place was much more than a stadium it's a San Francisco landmark and a part of our cities history but Jed doesn't give a sh*t about that.

We all have fond memories of the The Sitck, but it's a dump that's been obsolete for 30 years.
It was never a dump to me i always thought the bowl shape was unique and the fact the stadium is old made me feel proud to be in a throwback stadium the way football is suppose to be. Being in the stadium where Walsh and Montana, Rice, Lott, Mays, Mccovey, Cepeda and many others made so much history meant way more to me than having luxury. Maybe i'm to old school...i guess most people today want modern conveniences at a damn football game. For me no thanks Candlestick park was a unique place i always loved it there.
Love Candlestick, a dump yes, but those of great memories

Yep

was hoping for a big bang to send her off...damn SF natives fk up another thing that deals with the 49ers

It's not the natives. Aint nobody I know from the Sunset was against the 49ers leaving. Ben Davis, Derby jackets, and steel toe boots say otherwise.

It's the dirty hippies and the Internet hipsters and their Kale munching munts. Its motherfu***rs on bikes that think that they have more rights than cars. Its . . . . anyway, I can go on and on and on why the City is now a joke from when I grew up in the Sunset and went to SH. But, don't you ever say it was natives.

Wrong, sort of...they voted for it in 1997, allegedly with some "help" from Willie Brown (think ballot boxes from known anti-stadium precincts going for a swim in the Bay).

At any rate, yes a stadium/mall bond was approved. But then after that, it was residents who comprised certain factions of the "I hate team sports" brigade and various politicians, notably Gavin Newsom, who kept stringing the 49ers along and the only land they'd offer up were Superfund sites.

The same morons who said AT&T Park would be a disaster, that the city would lose money, watched that ballpark completely transform surrounding areas that had been littered with graffiti, abandoned cars, needles, and bums into an affluent area with upscale bars, restaurants, shopping, and residential. And yet they STILL jerked the 49ers around, and I was never so happy when Jed York gave them the finger and built a stadium in Santa Clara. Sure I would have preferred the 49ers stay in SF, but they were playing in a dilapidated, far-past-expiration pile of junk, and the "leaders" of SF left the team very little choice.

Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Yep

Wrong, sort of...they voted for it in 1997, allegedly with some "help" from Willie Brown (think ballot boxes from known anti-stadium precincts going for a swim in the Bay).

At any rate, yes a stadium/mall bond was approved. But then after that, it was residents who comprised certain factions of the "I hate team sports" brigade and various politicians, notably Gavin Newsom, who kept stringing the 49ers along and the only land they'd offer up were Superfund sites.

The same morons who said AT&T Park would be a disaster, that the city would lose money, watched that ballpark completely transform surrounding areas that had been littered with graffiti, abandoned cars, needles, and bums into an affluent area with upscale bars, restaurants, shopping, and residential. And yet they STILL jerked the 49ers around, and I was never so happy when Jed York gave them the finger and built a stadium in Santa Clara. Sure I would have preferred the 49ers stay in SF, but they were playing in a dilapidated, far-past-expiration pile of junk, and the "leaders" of SF left the team very little choice.

Yeah the residents didn't want vote for it and the 49ers didn't have the luxury of 80 games a year to profit from..or they would have financed their own stadium like the Giants did

I'm happy with the new stadium...we just need to start playing football again..and get that place seasoned up
I'm sad it's going down I grew up going to Niner and Giants games there I still have goosebumps from the Giants games I went to. The weather was always awful there and it was outdated for so long it had to go sucks but that's how it goes.
All the great times, the few horrid times, like "The Fizzel In The Drizzle" when they lost to the Vikes and Joe got pulled for Steve, all the great friends and folks you knew that passed away over the years and their older kids took over their seats..Just looking at the machines doing the demo makes me sad..

The new place can't and never will hold a candle to my, and many, many others beloved Stick'.

RIP
I had an idea Would you guys been okay with instead of taking the 1.3 billion to build Levis stadium they spent that money into renovating the stick? for example tear out all the seats replace them with newer nicer ones. Tear down the locker rooms and re do them more modern. Re do all the luxury suites to modern standards. Tear down the score board and big screen and replace them with modern nicer ones. Re do the tv/radio tower above the home field side of the field. Tear down and re do all the bathrooms make them cleaner and nicer maybe add some new ones. Re do the concession stands even update the menus. Even put in the free wi fi. Basically re do parts of the stadium so there nicer and more modern. Maybe even re do the parking lot. I know all this couldn't be done in 1 off season so it could have been done threw out different off seasons the same way the Packers made there old stadium look almost brand new by making improvements when the Packers are in the off season. If Candlestick had all these modern upgrades would Jed and the fans be happy there or did they just want to leave cause it's old and people hate traveling threw the ghetto to get there?
I had an idea Would you guys been okay with instead of taking the 1.3 billion to build Levis stadium they spent that money into renovating the stick? for example tear out all the seats replace them with newer nicer ones. Tear down the locker rooms and re do them more modern. Re do all the luxury suites to modern standards. Tear down the score board and big screen and replace them with modern nicer ones. Re do the tv/radio tower above the home field side of the field. Tear down and re do all the bathrooms make them cleaner and nicer maybe add some new ones. Re do the concession stands even update the menus. Even put in the free wi fi. Basically re do parts of the stadium so there nicer and more modern. Maybe even re do the parking lot. I know all this couldn't be done in 1 off season so it could have been done threw out different off seasons the same way the Packers made there old stadium look almost brand new by making improvements when the Packers are in the off season. If Candlestick had all these modern upgrades would Jed and the fans be happy there or did they just want to leave cause it's old and people hate traveling threw the ghetto to get there?
So pretty much build a new stadium, is what you are saying
Share 49ersWebzone