There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This is probably the only video that truly captures how loud it was at The Stick after that TD.

This game and The catch 2 were the loudest cheers for a play that i ever heard at the stick

Garcia to Tai Streets was pretty loud.

not really most of the fans left already
This is probably the only video that truly captures how loud it was at The Stick after that TD.

This game and The catch 2 were the loudest cheers for a play that i ever heard at the stick

That's how loud Seahawks fans are on 3rd downs, lol
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
another moment that mgiht be forgotten as it was just a regular season game but i was in endzone seats in dec 2001, eagles-9ers..49ers defense led by derek smith 7 goal line stands in a row...was amazing, the stadium was SO LOUD

eagles got a 1st down on some bs to try 4 more times and they still couldn't get in

for those that don't recall here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57iuO3rQkI

EPIC

holy s**t I've been looking around forever trying to find highlights from that game

One of my favorite games that I've ever been to.

that goal line stand is not easily;y forgettable...it's also the Pom Pom game

WTF no it's not
who failed

The Pom Pom game was against the Packers
Coming Soon: One Last Game

link
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by iLL49er:
another moment that mgiht be forgotten as it was just a regular season game but i was in endzone seats in dec 2001, eagles-9ers..49ers defense led by derek smith 7 goal line stands in a row...was amazing, the stadium was SO LOUD

eagles got a 1st down on some bs to try 4 more times and they still couldn't get in

for those that don't recall here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57iuO3rQkI

EPIC

holy s**t I've been looking around forever trying to find highlights from that game

One of my favorite games that I've ever been to.

that goal line stand is not easily;y forgettable...it's also the Pom Pom game

WTF no it's not
who failed

The Pom Pom game was against the Packers
yup failed...for some reason i thought he did that with that deep TD

man combining my memories
NC9er is making a video soon too, like this page on FB

https://www.facebook.com/Hitstick49ervideos
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

link

damn video game me chills.....

and I watched it on mute during a movie.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
My dad was SFPD and worked the games at Kezar as he was at that station for a while, and later the horse detail in the park. He went to Poly across the street. I went to SH and we played our High School games (football and basketball, where they had the Pro-Am league too) there but I was way too young to ever go to Kezar.

My first game at Candlestick was a Giants game in 1977 that I hopped the fence and snuck in. You could still do it back then and the team was bad then so no one really cared. We snuck in because The Count was pitching that day. I have a lot of good memories of going to Giants games there with my first girlfirend's dad, who would take me and his sin. Yeah, they weren't the greatest seats but we got to see Willie Mac, and Mike Ivie. I remember seeing a bunch of games that summer when Chili Davis was a rookie.

I saw Crazy Crab there, Johnny Lemaster wear "Boo", and I was at the 1984 All Star Game. Jack the Ripper, and all the Humm Baby Teams.

My brother was at the earthquake game in '89, I was stuck downtown.

Of course, I went to my fair share of 9er games over the years. I was young and couldn't afford season tickets back then but an older co-worker Mario did and would take me to a few games a year. This was during the 80s heydays. His son was not such a big 9er fan so he always took me. He had his group of tailgaters. Didn't get to see any of the super memorable playoff games like the Catches, etc. but I was at the MNF game when Jerry broke the record.

After my daughter was born, there went going to many games, although I did Centerplate up until 3 years ago for her school. Maybe that is why I haven't really wanted to go recently because we'd have to get to the Stick at 8:30, have the stand ready at 11:00 when the gates opened, and we'd have to stay till 6 p.m. If only I could have paid my way out. BTW, you don't get to watch any of the game. Now, maybe with Slingbox or whatever I could on my phone or whatever but not then.

Be nice to the people schlepping beer, nachos, and garlic fries. They are parents of kids whose schools are getting money for their indentured servitude. 20 parents X 10 hours = 200 free man hours. I worked 2 raider games (among like 5 others0 and fights broke out in front of our stand both times at the raiders games, people threw bottles at us.

TRY TELLING A DRUNK THAT BEER SALES END AT THE END OF THE THIRD QUARTER. We had people try to give us $100 for a beer. Couldn't take it. I don't work here and I don't care and I'm not going to jail for selling some sh*thead a beer.

If I have one regret, it's that I didn't get to go to the Zone tailgate but I'll see you guys down at the new stadium.

The loudest play I ever experienced was the 02 wildcard game against the Giants, right before the field goal at the end. The stadium was SO LOUD, it was rumbling almost. I know that was part of the reason for the botched snap
Originally posted by artiga1:

The loudest play I ever experienced was the 02 wildcard game against the Giants, right before the field goal at the end. The stadium was SO LOUD, it was rumbling almost. I know that was part of the reason for the botched snap

One of my favorite games ever, down by so much and Garcia came storming back. Trey Junkin was cut and never heard from again. Given the horrible officiating we see today, how could they claim there is pass interference on a botched snap.

I saw a QB collage of Brodie, Joe, Steve, and Kaep

I think Garcia needs a place in there. That game alone is still one of the greatest playoff comebacks ever, Kaep in the Superbowl notwithstanding. Jeff was a 4 time Pro Bowler, 3 with the 9ers, took 3 DIFFERENT teams to the playoffs (9ers, Bucs, Eagles), still has the most passing yards ever by a 49er QB for a year, 4278, which is 2 yards more than his last year with the Calgary Stampeders.

Oh yeah, he still has the #15 highest career passer rating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_career_passer_rating_leaders

Jeff was a good runner, so his QBR would have been even higher. He had the second greatest jump pass ever, behind only Brett Favre. Tough as nails. Local boy. Hot wife.

To this day, I'm still perplexed why Garcia doesn't get the love he deserves. I've been touting this stuff for years.

He won a Grey Cup and had a great CFL career as well. Eventually, he might make the Hall on his diverse, but varied, accomplishments. "In his second start filling in for Flutie, Garcia set a team record with 546 passing yards and six touchdown passes in the Labour Day game against Edmonton touching off an eventual quarterback controversy among some fans when Flutie later returned. Flutie ended up starting over Garcia in the Grey Cup that year which the Stampeders lost. After Flutie signed as a free-agent with the Toronto Argonauts in 1996, Garcia took over as the Stampeders' starting quarterback. During Garcia's three years as starter, the Stampeders finished with records of 13-5, 10-8, and 12-6."
I've been to every single regular season and post season game at Candlestick since 1998. The loudest thing I've ever heard in my life was the Catch 2.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Chico:
The new stadium is going to be cool...BUT, it's going to cost us a lot of $$$ just to experience it

thats the crappy part of the whole deal ....

The super crappy part..
Originally posted by defenderDX:

just wow.........so many memories, so many..
chris berman will be in the house as well
Originally posted by ads_2006:
chris berman will be in the house as well

Epic!

Originally posted by jrg:

link

I'm getting sad