LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cant believe legendary candlestick park is closing its doors forever. The home of the 49ers since 1971, 5 Superbowl winning teams and an army of legendary players. So many great memories at The Stick, its gonna be a sad day whether we win or lose. i hope we make it the home of a champion one more time this year and send it out with a bang. thanks for the memories candlestick
Never got a chance to go to Candlestick, but it will be missed. All the history, all the greats that have graced our field. I'll miss it. Goodbye Candlestick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Grew up going to Niners and Giants games at the Stick. Will miss you, buddy. Goodbye, my friend.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 8, 2015 at 5:34 AM ]
bye bye you memory filled smelly old dump!!
i was there for the vernon post, he scored at where we were sitting, i still get chills from that game.
Hope someone creates a best of candlestick video!
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Never got a chance to go to Candlestick, but it will be missed. All the history, all the greats that have graced our field. I'll miss it. Goodbye Candlestick.

Same here I'm from Wisconsin and don't travel really ever minus a few family vacations years ago. But I'll still miss it having watched it on tv for the past 20 years. I can't imagine how some of you season ticket holders who have been to every home game for the past 10-30+ years will feel. Although I'm sure your ready to upgrade though.

Side note us fans who won't be there expect you fans that go to get some videos and post them. That is your duty to us. Place will be rocking... Eddie, Jerry, Ronnie, Dwight will be honorary captains according to the video they put up interviewing Eddie. Also, end of the game be ready in case people rush the field. Would love to see that but I bet people will be too scared. Tear down those goal post... nah doubt that will happen been awhile since that has happened in the nfl... its more of a rowdy college thing. Rushing the field would be cool though. Lots of video guys!!!!
I've never been to a 49ers game at the stick. I hate that. I have been there though. Got to see a Giants-Braves game several years back.
Bye 'Stick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Joe should be there too.

Flying in from Georgia for this one. I can't wait.
The place holds so many memories that will be with me forever. Too many to list. It will be tough to watch the final fade away from ESPN.

That said, I'm looking forward to making new memories at Levi's Stadium . . . I can't believe it's almost upon us.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Ya done good old girl. Ya done good.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Thank you "Stick" for all the great memories! We had some great times didn't we? I've been to the Stick many times and it is some of the best times of my life. I had so much fun there and can't believe it's going to end. You are the best!
Good riddance
Share 49ersWebzone